News   Apr 26, 2024
 230     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 468     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.4K     4 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Crocodile Rock shuts down permanently after almost 30 years in Toronto.

https://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2020/05/crocodile-rock-shuts-down-toronto/

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That place seemed indestructible. Especially after that one party there that I attended. That was the rain strom, pirate ship event. Oh lawd, that was a rager.

Rest in peace, grimy old place.

Another one bites the dust. ....and this is why we're back to under the bridges. ;)

Dave’s Hot Chicken Goes International: 30-Unit Development Deal Inked for Canada

1589654361896.png

Dave’s Hot Chicken Goes International: 30-Unit Development Deal Inked for Canada

View attachment 245779
Looks like St. Louis (and all the other gastropubs) is going to get competition.

I can't wait to try out their offering.

El Mercado, an outdoor food stand market at 884 Queen East & Booth, will be opening on May 23rd. It's a collaboration Barrio Cerveceria and a concessions company that travels to festivals across North America but had their 2020 season cancelled.

With companies like Shopify and others planning on moving to remote work, a lot of restaurants and cafes are going to get hit two-fold

First, the COVID shutdown, and once things re-open, a sudden drop in lunch hour and after work customers from adjacent offices that are now shuttered. Areas with a strong mix of restaurants and offices include King West, Liberty Village and Corktown.

Definitely going to be the case for retail and fast food places in the PATH system too. I can imagine WFH policy to remain in place well into 2021 for many companies in that space.

It's also going to affect eateries that cater to students and are located around U of T, Ryerson, OCAD, George Brown, etc.

Last edited:

Back