News   Mar 28, 2024
 518     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 335     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 347     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

What a shame. I quite enjoyed going to their Liberty Village location. That is probably 2nd place on my list of LV bar/pubs after the Local.

I actually started boycotting the Liberty location earlier this year after the manager on shift whilst I was there one afternoon was a bit of a dickhead. And by a bit, I mean a complete bellend.

Anyway, I actually like the 3 Brewers, sort of, but it was never on my list of top pubs. (Jersey Giant, holla!)

Also, I'm friends with a lot of the staff and even the boss manager at Big Rock so whilst their beer is um.........no comment....I enjoy going there because the staff have always been good to me and the Negronis are just fine.

Liberty actually kinda sucks for pubs, not gonna lie. I still go to Jersey Giant, St Lawrence, every chance I get (shout out to Wendel!).

PS: This is kinda wack considering who I am, but where is Les 3 Brasseurs' Financial District location? hahah, how its existence has escaped me is sort of disturbing, not gonna lie.

I actually started boycotting the Liberty location earlier this year after the manager on shift whilst I was there one afternoon was a bit of a dickhead. And by a bit, I mean a complete bellend.

Anyway, I actually like the 3 Brewers, sort of, but it was never on my list of top pubs. (Jersey Giant, holla!)

Also, I'm friends with a lot of the staff and even the boss manager at Big Rock so whilst their beer is um.........no comment....I enjoy going there because the staff have always been good to me and the Negronis are just fine.

Liberty actually kinda sucks for pubs, not gonna lie. I still go to Jersey Giant, St Lawrence, every chance I get (shout out to Wendel!).

PS: This is kinda wack considering who I am, but where is Les 3 Brasseurs' Financial District location? hahah, how its existence has escaped me is sort of disturbing, not gonna lie.

One of my main bartenders at Duggans Parkdale moved to Big Rock when Dugs went downhill. Although they've changed through different cycles of staff so she's been gone for a while there too now. Big Rock was my watering hole after I go for a run with my friend in the area as they have a cheap happy hour special. I used to watch quite a few Raptors games too there, but switched over to 3 Brewers. Local is fun but not for watching sports since their TVs don't have any volume of the game. While Craft further up never grew on me.

Admittedly I had no idea that 3 Brewers had a location in the Financial District either until the news came up today lol. Not surprising to hear that close down though since the amount of competing restaurants and pubs in the financial core has exploded in recent years.

Admittedly I had no idea that 3 Brewers had a location in the Financial District either until the news came up today lol.

You might be forgiven but for me not knowing this is weird and embarrassing. My Toronto is basically Humber-King-Don-Lake and I hang out in the Financial District more than even Queen Street side of Parkdale. With the notable exception of traipsing up Roncesvalles way once in a while.
I should know there's a Financial District 3 Brasseurs!!

I have dishonoured my sense of my city. ?

I like Big Rock's pretty decent basement hiding potential. It's been cozy. I end up there at weird times a lot. Like the Sunday evening of the big binge week-end with my buddy who turned 40 when I accidentally quit smoking, Sunday morning during the holidays when no one is around, and last year on Christmas Day....I think the staff felt sorry for me, I looked like a super sad sack loner, but my family is central European so the 25th isn't really a thing and my friend who I have a Christmas Day tradition with wasn't in town yet so there I was. Loved it. Had me a fat dinner and some Negronis and chit chat with the ladies.

I'd love to do a brewery tour!
If you're interested, I know the guy who runs this Urban Adventures craft beer walking tour, and he's always looking for guides.

I highly recommend the tour as well, for anyone seeking to make the jump from bad beer to good beer. It's also fun if you're a BeerAdvocate member with 1,000+ BeerKarma points.

Last edited:
. It's also fun if you're a BeerAdvocate member with 1,000+ BeerKarma points.

What sort of drug pusher business is this?

I could have used drug pusher points like this when I was in university. Maybe I wouldn't have had to have dropped out for lack of books money.

Back