News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 438     0 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Eh, there's about 30 other ones scattered around the GTA if you want fake-talian food...

Meh, I guess I'm partially at fault as I never ate there. Just a bummer walking past yet another empty spot on the strip.

Edit: fake-talian food: that's classic. Never heard that one before.

There's another Sushi Shop on Carlton that's been open awhile. It's pretty not bad. Definitely a step up from Bento Nouveau, but with so many other sushi places around I don't see why I'd go back when I can have much better made to order

I lived close to the one on Church and Bloor and it was never busy. Rents probably got too high for the amount of business they were doing. A decent-looking lunch place opened right around the corner there a few years ago as well, it probably cut into their business.

There may be a Tim Ho's at Keele and Bloor, but really I'm shocked UT-ites even waste time talking about the chain!

Wasabi "all-you-can-eat" Sushi just opened in the 7-11 plaza next door--at Keele and Bloor. Looks good. (Will be interesting to compare to Vincent Sushi on Lower Roncevalles--one of the best sushi restaurants in Toronto.)

Looks like Terroni's is expanding...

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5C 2R9

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 184948 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Nov 19, 2009

Project: Restaurant Greater Than 30 Seats Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to increase the floor space for existing ground floor restaurant, greater than 30 seats by occupying the existing restaurant next door. Restaurant is "Terroni's". Convenience address is 106 Victoria St.

A Chino Locos (http://chinolocos.com/) opened over Xyclo in the village almost two weeks ago and I just noticed it today. I really need to go south of Maitland during the day more often.

Anyone been to one?

From the website: this week's special is jerk chicken burritos. That's just wrong.

What's the deal with the burrito renaissance recently, though?

I had it the other day and didn't care for it. Had the General Tao burrito and it was just off. If I really need a burrito I'm going to continue trudging over to Zteca or Cocina Lucero (and actually, Hernando's isn't bad either)

Back