News   Apr 25, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

I'm guessing its meant to pick up on scale of the podium of Simcoe Place which I believe is 4 stories... and speaking of Simcoe place - I think that entire building is really well done, great design and good quality materials.

March 22

From Simcoe just north of King looking south.
2354722171_b0e46654f7_b.jpg

From Wellington looking east. They are preparing the mechanical 11th floor for glass installation. The 11th floor should be the first to have glass installed on all four sides because it is the first floor above the podium.
2354722227_2df1fa355b_b.jpg

What's wrong with providing a natural nesting ground for pigeons and peregrines?

That would explain it, providing some natural pigeon habitat must have been part of their LEED certification ;)

I'm guessing its meant to pick up on scale of the podium of Simcoe Place which I believe is 4 stories...

Yeah, that must be why they did it. But it doesn't line up enough to really tie in visually for me, it's quite a bit higher. It ends up looking sort of random and pointless.

Anyway, no big deal, the the building looks good overall.

I think both RBC and BA are going to be much, much taller when completed than our collective rendering perceptions think... RBC appears almost tiny looking south, yet it will dominate Simcoe Place in terms of height.

Thanks again for all your efforts Current (hopefully you are getting laid because of your positive contributions... Adam would call this a "Current Affair").

2354722171_b0e46654f7_b.jpg

RBC can also be seen from the corner of the Royal York Hotel, at Front & York, looming over the building that used to house the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant..looks pretty impressive already...:)

^I know that the plan was to have a raised-floor, or false-floor as it is sometimes referred to as, but are you sure that they will not be hanging a suspended ceiling or applying some sort of sound-reducing material to stop noise? Concrete is not the best sound insulator, which would make for some noisy office space.

p5

from what i can remember, the base building office space has no ceiling space. its just raised floor to painted slab. its possible tenants may decide to put in their own ceiling.

ceiling height

the ground floor is full of objects suspended from the ceiling like a 20 foot tall wind tunnel fan. there must be something to be done so its not visible or heard.

Thanks for the information loafair. I remember touring a construction site in Vienna, for the T-Mobile headquarters, where they did a similar construction, but in the end, had suspended certain noise dampening elements from the ceiling. The effect was quite dramatic actually, because all of the HVAC systems and electrical was, as is the case in RBC under-foot.

From the looks of the latest pics, the building is really starting to take shape and stake its presence in the core.

p5

The notch is supacool, and I'd like to see a similar notch about 4 floors from the top. Towers benefit aesthetically from having a defined base, shaft, and top.

Back