News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.1K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 797     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Yep, the ritz will be linked to the new PATH connection at the northwest corner of the RBC site / northeast corner of the Ritz. Not sure if the Ritz is provising a 'formal' path entrance from grade, I have a feeling it'll look more like the informal connections downtown.

This will help with the critical mass of pedestrians for sure. The RBC tower could easily have 4000 employees (similar to the CBC Broadcast Centre). The link accross Front Street to the convention centre and skywalk would really help as well, but nobody's going to pay for that any time soon.

Yep, the ritz will be linked to the new PATH connection at the northwest corner of the RBC site / northeast corner of the Ritz. Not sure if the Ritz is provising a 'formal' path entrance from grade, I have a feeling it'll look more like the informal connections downtown.

This will help with the critical mass of pedestrians for sure. The RBC tower could easily have 4000 employees (similar to the CBC Broadcast Centre). The link accross Front Street to the convention centre and skywalk would really help as well, but nobody's going to pay for that any time soon.

If only "they" would link the Metro Toronto Convention Centre to the CBC or Simcoe Place THEN the western PATH would be used much more. Does anyone know why the City has not tried harder to get this connection made? Are there no Section 37 dollars coming from some of the developments in that area?

3593530055_f21eee5570_b.jpg

caltrane74/UT/SSP/SSC/flickr.com

Nice, Caltrane! Very good!

I went inside. It ain't bad. It feels kind of like something Zaha Hadid might have designed a couple years ago. The elevator banks look like prows of ships and the path to the PATH has some interesting fishscale design along the walls.

Hipster, seeing as it would take longer than 2 years to build anything Zaha Hadid designed 2 years ago, that's pretty good news!

That said, I do know what you mean, and it still sounds like good news: I'd take 2 year-old Hadid over most current 90% of what we get here.

Back