News   Jul 17, 2024
 431     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 602     0 

Ravines on Humberwood (720 Humberwood Blvd, GreatGulfHomes, 2s)

I would be shocked to see any movement on this anytime soon, especially since it's in the middle of nowhere!

just an update , i road my bike past 720 Humberwood Boulevard this weekend
and there is nothing on this site , but tall grass fields fenced off , so i guess this project is not happening yet :(

City Planning Final Report

Thanks to community opposition, the previously proposed 2x 29 storey towers are now nothing more than a bunch of 2 storey townhouses :( ... I can't believe the NIMBYs here think townhouse are inappropriate here and want 'single detached homes' on this property ??~

I guess this name is more appropriate now: :rolleyes:

Townhomes of Humberwood (720 Humberwood Blvd, Tridel, 2s, Rafael + Bigauskas)

For consideration by Etobicoke York Community Council on Sept 15/09:

The applications propose 82 freehold townhouse units at 720 Humberwood Boulevard. The proposal implements the Apartment Neighbourhood objectives of the Official Plan and is consistent with the Provincial Policy Statement and the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe requirements for the accommodation of residential growth.

This report reviews and recommends the approval of the application to amend the Zoning By-law and advises that the Chief Planner may approve the Draft Plan of Subdivision, subject to conditions.

The property constitutes the western portion of Block 1 of Registered Plan 66M 2257. The entire Block was identified as Block 998 within the Riverwood Village Subdivision as adopted by the former City of Etobicoke on October 6, 1986. By-law 1989-78 governs development within the southern portion of the Humberwood subdivision. It permits, among other provisions, a maximum of 920 residential units in a maximum of 4 apartment buildings, each having a maximum height of 29 storeys on the site.

The applicant elected to consolidate 922 units, as increased by Committee of Adjustment decision A365/05 EYK, within two, 29-storey apartment buildings thereby fulfilling the development permissions associated with the property. Those apartment buildings, known municipally as 710 and 700 Humberwood Boulevard, received site plan approval in June 2002 and November 2005, respectively. Construction of the apartment buildings has been completed and they have been occupied by purchasers.

On May 7, 2007 the applicant applied for permission to build 39 townhouse units and two, 29-storey apartment buildings containing 615 units on the remaining portion of the lands. The applications were the subject of a Community Meeting on June 16, 2008. Approximately, 400 members of the community attended the meeting and concern was indicated regarding the height and density of the proposed buildings, and the resultant impact of the additional population upon local schools, traffic and parks.

As a result of the community feedback, the applicant revised the proposal to an entirely townhouse concept which was presented at a pre-meeting held by the local Councillor on December 17, 2008. Approximately, 45 residents were in attendance. Concerns regarding the 74 freehold townhouse units on a new municipal roadway included the overcrowding and parking concerns at the local schools; the tenure of the units; limitations of local parkland and built form. The Ward Councilor held a vote regarding the built form and it was determined that amongst those in attendance, single detached dwellings were more acceptable than townhouses.

The applicant submitted the revised Zoning Bylaw and a Draft Plan of Subdivision application for 74 townhouse units on January 17, 2009. The applications were reviewed by all pertinent city departments and public agencies and a revised plan for 82 townhouse units was resubmitted for further review on May 30, 2009.

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2009/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-23036.pdf

thanks for the update , i was actually looking into buying a townhouse there. , still wondering about the price range of these units ???

City Planning Supplementary Report

To be considered by Etoicoke York Community Council on January 12, 2010:
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-25660.pdf

Previous Final Report (August 2009):
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2010/ey/bgrd/backgroundfile-25373.pdf

This is turning out to be the stupidest development ever, look at the devolution of what would have been a perfectly fitting proposal adjacent to the first 2 phases of Mansions of Humberwood highrises:
  • May 2007 = 2x 29 storeys tower (615 units) + 39 townhouse units
  • Jan 2009 = 74 townhouse units
  • May 2009 = 82 townhouse units
  • Dec 2009 = 9 detached + 62 semi detached units

NIMBYism at its best !! :mad:

No offense but I couldn't think of a worse location for adding 600 more units to the poorly conceived 900 built units. We have to be smart when it comes to intensification and ultimately curbing sprawl. Adding another high density highrise complex in the middle of bedroom sprawl is not the way to do it.

out of curiosity, what was it that you experienced in the first 2 towers that led you to the conclusion that the first 900 units were "poorly conceived" ?

in my view, Humberwood Boulevard is a collector road which has great access to adjacent arterials whereby accessing nearby highways~

out of curiosity, what was it that you experienced in the first 2 towers that led you to the conclusion that the first 900 units were "poorly conceived" ?

in my view, Humberwood Boulevard is a collector road which has great access to adjacent arterials whereby accessing nearby highways~

I live right in front of humberwood and I see nothing wrong with it, everyone has their own opinion and there a few on this board that act as if they know when its better to learn from someone else. I am looking forward to the proposed semi's and detached homes :) they will probably be close to the 500k range since that small pocket on humber sells for 450+ and it was built by Greenpark 10 years ago.

I live right in front of humberwood and I see nothing wrong with it, everyone has their own opinion and there a few on this board that act as if they know when its better to learn from someone else. I am looking forward to the proposed semi's and detached homes :) they will probably be close to the 500k range since that small pocket on humber sells for 450+ and it was built by Greenpark 10 years ago.

I just purchased a unit at 710 Humberwood. Looking at living in it for a few years and holding it as an investment/long term rental. Might be interested in purchasing a new home depending on the exact size/layout etc.

For me the location can't be beat (and for my wife's daily communte to Brampton for work). I'm in real estate and have most of my work in the West end of the GTA so this area is ideal. Also close proximity to my temple (the one off the 427 north of Finch) makes this the most ideal place to live. For the price per sq ft for a Tridel building you can't beat it. Can't understand how some people are paying almost double the price just to live near Yonge/Eglinton. To each their own I guess...

Well depending on your lifetsyle, and if you would like to drive to everwhere. Yonge/Eglington has everything you need within walking distance. I know prices are reasonable for you, but that is becuase of many reasons. As someone like yourself you should know that being in an urban community like Y/E, the aprreciation value and demand is greater than a surburban pocket that has limited ammenities within walking distnace. As you said to each is own, but on a real estate level your theory confuses me slightly. Yes granted you do get more bang for your buck, and the building is very nice and made by a a reputable builder, but that area isn't that great. I have been in that area many times for work in the past and I am not sure how a comparsion can be made. Your real estate IQ concerns me. I hope you are not passing this information to your clients.
It sounds as if the area is ideal for you though.

I just purchased a unit at 710 Humberwood. Looking at living in it for a few years and holding it as an investment/long term rental. Might be interested in purchasing a new home depending on the exact size/layout etc.

For me the location can't be beat (and for my wife's daily communte to Brampton for work). I'm in real estate and have most of my work in the West end of the GTA so this area is ideal. Also close proximity to my temple (the one off the 427 north of Finch) makes this the most ideal place to live. For the price per sq ft for a Tridel building you can't beat it. Can't understand how some people are paying almost double the price just to live near Yonge/Eglinton. To each their own I guess...

Yonge and Eglinton is a great area - northern Rexdale is anything but.

You get what you pay for.

ok update on this project , the builder will be http://www.greatgulfhomes.com under the project name Ravines on Humberwood
Opening FALL 2010 -An exciting new community of semis and singles in a ravine lot setting is coming this fall to Humberwood Blvd. and Morning Star Rd. in Etobicoke.

I'm curious about the pricing ??

This is a mess, lol... 9 detached homes?? With the woodbine live development coming along, I would love to see more detatched larger lot homes along the ravine rather than a bunch of towns and semis which there are plenty of in humberwood, and more likely to come in the residential part of the woodbine live development.

Back