606     1 
News   Dec 03, 2021
 490     0 

Proposed renaming of Dundas Street

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
He didn't prove anything, because there was nothing to prove. If your posts are deleted, it will be for valid reasons as per our rules.

kamira51

Member Bio
Reaction score
No, I figured you'd delete it out of shame. Silly me assuming that.
Why would I be ashamed of what I said?
He didn't prove anything, because there was nothing to prove. If your posts are deleted, it will be for valid reasons as per our rules.
His initial post sounded like a moderator would delete my post because of what I said. @zang later clarified what he was trying to say.

UrbanFervour

Member Bio
Reaction score
I completely agree with the picture. It's just disappointing how the new left wing cares more about minorities, than its majority population, who still struggle to get by everyday.

The left always seem to put minorities on a pedestal.

The more i hear about it, the less I support it.

I just wanna grill for God's sake.

The fixation on racial delineation as a way of ordering and understanding society (minority vs. majority?) is an obsession shared by the far left and the far right. Apparently you are more closely aligned to the latter?

Rufus8

Member Bio
Reaction score
The fixation on racial delineation as a way of ordering and understanding society (minority vs. majority?) is an obsession shared by the far left and the far right. Apparently you are more closely aligned to the latter?
It does appear that race is a fetish that crosses all political borders.

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
I‘m an immigrant from the UK. I never really considered myself white, by which I mean I felt an affinity or togetherness with other white folks. I identify as ethnically English, if anything one of the indigenous peoples of Britain. I have no more culturally in common with a Canadian of Norwegian or German descent than that of Jamaican or Pakistani. I appreciate that as a white guy I have unearned privilege when it comes to daily Canadian life and relations with police, etc, but still I‘m me, the individual, then an ethnic English, and of course a Canadian. My white skin never crossed my mind.... Until identity politics and woke culture took over, what two or three years back?

Last edited:

jayme2016

Member Bio
Reaction score
There are groups in Ottawa calling to rename around 30 streets same thing will happen in every major city.