News   Apr 15, 2024
 945     0 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 2.1K     5 
News   Apr 15, 2024
 648     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

@Thinker : I think it will go beyond passive disgust. There will be vigilante actions of investigations of both Ford and Taverner, and anonymous letters dropped into the mail boxes of prosecutors and/or duplicate copies to the media from 'sealed files'. There will be no shortage of them.

I think this is a case of Ford not knowing who he's messing with, not the opposite. Here's betting that files already exist in envelopes ready to be sent...

@steveintoronto: No doubt about it, when Tavener was appointed, rank and file of the OPP and other police forces (regional and Toronto) were furious and talked openly about his appointment calling it a farce. When Blair initiated the inquiry he was supported by rank and file. When Tavener returned to the Toronto Police Force it got a lot of laughs, meanwhile the OPP was hoping Tavener would not accept the job, reasoning "what 72 year old man would want to lead a police force where he would not get the respect a commissioner deserves" While no one is actually accusing Tavener of protecting the FoFam, whispers are there and all is needed is a reputable whistleblower.

The question one should ask is why does Ford need Taverner so badly in that position that he is willing to take so much flak for it. Everything else is secondary to that question.

AoD
I think we will find out at this rate! I can hear the stamps being licked on the secret envelopes that will be dropped off to the media et al. Ford has fucked with the palace guard...

That's where the reputable whistleblower would come in handy :):):):)
The question one should ask is why does Ford need Taverner so badly in that position that he is willing to take so much flak for it. Everything else is secondary to that question.

AoD
This is what an entitled, uneducated individual does when he doesn't get his way. Anything more emanating from this sleaze is just gravy.

Buried in this story is a Sgt. who has been 're-assigned' for committing the crime of reporting an exchange with Ford up his chain of command (the fact that it became public wasn't his fault). I don't get Ford's position on this either. His security detail is not part of his 'team'. Barring some unusual conflict, so long they are competently do their job they are doing what they are paid to do. They are not his minions.

Try telling Thug that. He's the type who views everyone as the hired help, whether they work for him or not.

Ford probably views people within the Conservative Party who are on the same level as him, and even higher up on the totem pole in some cases, as being his subordinates. And he doesn't strike me as one who treats subordinates well. I'd bet he's made any number of enemies within the party. I'd bet many of the politicos on the same side of the aisle as him absolutely hate him.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if this is simply a case of him not understanding why he shouldn't get everything he wants, no matter how inappropriate it is or how bad the optics. That said, this is all as suspicious as hell.

Weird, just noticed one of Tavener's officers was following my old Twitter account. He must've had an anonymous account at the time because I for sure would've noticed.

I bet cops and Ford's guys were all over our old Rob Ford threat!

Yup, and not to forget the TO Sun editor started following me after I said that the Sun was equal to the National. Inquirer and not worth the paper it was printed on.. If she thought it would stop me from criticizing the content of the paper or it's contributors the likes of SAL or Wormy she is mistaken. Ford is a slippery character and the rotting conservative onion in charge of this province stinks.

Back