News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.6K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Doug was absent from Question Period again. Can't take the heat it seems....

Well, like all bullies, he's basically a coward. Doesn't much like criticism or opposition, does our widdle Thug. And do my eyes deceive me, or is he treating his current office as he did when he was a city Councilor, i.e. only condescending to show up for work when it suits him?

Just like election time, his handlers told him to shut his mouth and it will be ok. Worked before - just say nothing, do nothing and have no platform and presto, you're the Premier of Ontario. Nothing to it.

Mike Crawley @CBCQueensPark
1h
Since appointing his friend Ron Taverner to lead the OPP, Premier Doug Ford has missed question period 11 of the last 17 times #onpoli

For the people.
Robert Benzie @robertbenzie
11s

BREAKING: Premier Doug Ford has abandoned plans to have his pal, Supt. Ron Taverner, 72, be OPP commissioner. Ford had been under fire over the controversial appointment, which has remained in limbo for weeks during an ethics probe. A new commissioner will be hired. #onpoli

Good.

Last edited:
Taverner would have looked better if he'd withdrawn in the beginning, noting that he was friends with the Ford family. Doing it this way makes him look as bad as Ford. Too bad Blair was fired before this happened.

Taverner would have looked better if he'd withdrawn in the beginning, noting that he was friends with the Ford family. Doing it this way makes him look as bad as Ford. Too bad Blair was fired before this happened.

That individual maybe gone, but the intent to place someone malleable in the position and the players in this process remains.

AoD

Nice to see Asshole slapped down for a change. He's so used to getting his way by bulldozing all opposition, this must be an unpleasant experience for him. Heh, heh.

That individual maybe gone, but the intent to place someone malleable in the position and the players in this process remains.

So who will Dofo nominate next? Diane? Randy? Mikey? One of the thugs he hired for the home invasion to retrieve Slob's crack tape?

The thing I find curious is Ford's allusion to low moral, systemic problems and a dysfunctional headquarters. I am a retired member and still in contact with many members at several ranks and I'm not aware of any of these problems. No doubt there are some disgruntled members like any other large organization and to be sure there are challenges, but I'm not aware of broad problems. I'd like to see the evidence of his claims. It's instructive to note that some of the structural issues the Force has had to deal with were a result of large budget cuts imposed by the last Conservative government. Any low morale that exists is a result of the fiasco of his doing.

So who will Dofo nominate next? Diane? Randy? Mikey? One of the thugs he hired for the home invasion to retrieve Slob's crack tape?

Himself? Hey, he can do double duty as Premier and OPP Chief. Less bureaucrats; less gravy.

One thing I find noteworthy: that Taverner apparently/probably made his own decision to withdraw his name. Methinks that DoFo would rather have dug in his heels than request that Taverner do any such thing.

Maybe it comes with being a thuggish meathead, but it's interesting how DoFo just gets fixed on a certain locked groove within a limited sphere of cronies, slogans, issues, even venues (must everything take place at the Toronto Congress Centre?). It's like, there's never a Plan B, there's never any alternatives or oxygen for the same. (And the same goes for his attempted special-adviser hire of Hazel--and there, too, she's the one who thanks-but-no-thanks withdrew. The only reason she was chosen was the FoFam's constipated Rolodex.)

Back