News   May 24, 2024
 6.6K     2 
News   May 24, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 428     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I have quite a few clients among those exurban types as well. I don't mind telling you that the differences in character between many of the old money and many of the newer money folks is startling. It most certainly would explain their political proclivities. For example, arrogance in the old money set is tempered by some respect and decency whereas amongst the new money set it tends to be crass in its nakedness.

I wonder why Dougie has not promoted a BIA for "Restaurant Row"? Oh ya, right, Dougie doesn't like BIAs, at least in Ward 2, they take control away from politicians and "elites".

Though there really isn't anything "BIA-compatible" in Ward 2--even the postwar retail strips are too fragmented compared to, say, Wexford Heights. (Though next door in Ward 1, Islington and Albion--"downtown Thistletown"--would definitely qualify.)

There isn't likely to be a leadership convention, there just isn't time. The party is going to have to appoint, and they are going to want someone squeaky clean and most likely a woman. Doug loses on both counts. Then again, I always felt Brown oozed creepiness and could never understand how he was chosen in the first place.

There isn't likely to be a leadership convention, there just isn't time. The party is going to have to appoint, and they are going to want someone squeaky clean and most likely a woman. Doug loses on both counts. Then again, I always felt Brown oozed creepiness and could never understand how he was chosen in the first place.

Well, he wasn't really chosen in the way we commonly think of that word. He basically gamed the system and managed to sign up way more members than any of the other--and better qualified--candidates. If it was an open vote, similar to USA primaries, he would not have won. (Course their system issues as well.)

Well, he wasn't really chosen in the way we commonly think of that word. He basically gamed the system and managed to sign up way more members than any of the other--and better qualified--candidates. If it was an open vote, similar to USA primaries, he would not have won. (Course their system issues as well.)
He won fair and square following the rules in place. Elliot and the party establishment shit the bed.

He won fair and square following the rules in place. Elliot and the party establishment shit the bed.
Yes, no point in complaining that he won as he DID follow the rules. The PCs though have a HUGE problem now - they invested $$$ in making Brown the 'reasonable face' of the PCs and now that face is 'tarnished' .

Poor Doug, always a bridesmaid.

Back