News   Apr 26, 2024
 807     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 747     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Told you.

That said it will likely backfire. Absenteeism during a regular year is excusable but absenteeism during a global pandemic when people look to their leaders isn't.
And all the more so given the Trumpiness of a protect-the-king approach--once again, as with the attack-the-feds ads, it's like the PCs are in hock to a bunch of unseasoned but ultra-loyal Ontario Proud whizzes...

He went on to complain about the Feds and the borders and appears not to understand what a tiny % of cases came that way and how Canadians cannot be kept out.. I did not hear all the Q and A but he also did not explain why he had not followed up on banning international students. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

Meanwhile, in my crystal ball...

I see intercity bus service expansion in GO Transit...

Greyhound shutting down all bus service in Canada permanently

From link.

Company will no longer offer domestic service, but American affiliate will still offer cross-border routes
Greyhound Canada is permanently cutting all bus routes across the country, shutting down the intercity bus carrier's operations in Canada after nearly a century of service.

The motor coach company said its remaining routes in Ontario and Quebec will cease permanently at midnight Thursday.

Its American affiliate, Greyhound Lines, Inc., will continue to operate cross-border routes to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver once the border reopens.

We're talking billions. And is the ridership there to justify rail? I think we'd be better off with more frequent buses than a train once a week.
As someone who occasionally took the greyhound from Toronto to Waterloo because it's about 2 hours faster than the GO bus (and it's multiple connections), there are certainly lines that are busy enough to benefit from rail.

As someone who occasionally took the greyhound from Toronto to Waterloo because it's about 2 hours faster than the GO bus (and it's multiple connections), there are certainly lines that are busy enough to benefit from rail.
Isn't there planned GO rail to KW anyway?

But most routes Greyhound serves would be hard pressed to saturate an hourly GO bus much less justify rail service. I think you're more likely to build demand for rail by providing frequent 'just show up' (or at least 'don't have to plan your day around') bus service.

Back