News   Apr 26, 2024
 184     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 167     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Just very happy that the children have finally received council to make Doug the thug accountable. Renata and the children should have received what was due to them. Just don’t quite understand how this sizeable estate hasn’t gone through probate yet. At any rate, Doug knows how the system works and has worked it and milked it and the only ones that have gotten ahead are the lawyers.

Or simply never got around to it because, you know, more important things to do. My mother-in-law passed about ten years ago and one of the siblings, who is a lawyer, said he would look after it. Nobody much cared since everything rolled over to her husband and he was comfortable. Until it came time for him to go into a retirement home and sell the family home. Because it was jointly held they couldn't until dear son got his act in gear.

I find it strange that the MAGs child advocate had to become involved. It seems Renata retained counsel and bills are owing:

How did Probate sign off on this, particularly the separate trust issue, which would seem pretty clear. The settling of accounts is *usually* a fairly straight forward accounting process.

This whole family is strange.

Well, let's face it: Renata is none-too-bright. I don't know that I'd go so far as to actually call her mentally incompetent, but I think it's safe to say no normal person would have ever considered marrying Rob Ford. Besides which, Slob wasn't the only one abusing alcohol and drugs for all those years, and look what it did to his intelligence levels. As for Thug, yeah, this is par-for-the-course as far as he's concerned, but it's worth noting that he's still exploiting his idiot brother for personal and political gain as his recent lawsuit indicates. That he'd do that while simultaneously screwing over the dead oaf's wife and kids really is quite breath-taking.

Well, let's face it: Renata is none-too-bright. I don't know that I'd go so far as to actually call her mentally incompetent, but I think it's safe to say no normal person would have ever considered marrying Rob Ford. Besides which, Slob wasn't the only one abusing alcohol and drugs for all those years, and look what it did to his intelligence levels. As for Thug, yeah, this is par-for-the-course as far as he's concerned, but it's worth noting that he's still exploiting his idiot brother for personal and political gain as his recent lawsuit indicates. That he'd do that while simultaneously screwing over the dead oaf's wife and kids really is quite breath-taking.
Or beyond even the immediacy of her marrying Rob Ford, consider her as a Bernier candidate in '19--in a strange, macabre way, I can even picture her as some kind of pillow-talk political power behind the throne in that household, the one more umbilically, spiritually connected to the cast of social-media nutters behind Ford Nation. Or in subsequent terms, the kind to share all sorts of Plandemic links...

This probably belongs here and not in covid thread as all this chatter about 'airports' is a Ford-inspired deflecting tactic.

From: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...els-relationship-with-covid-19-in-canada.html

"Travel represents the smallest proportion of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Ontario, a review of publicly available data by the Star shows.

While Ontario Premier Doug Ford has been campaigning against travel into Canada, recently airing attack ads pointed at the federal government’s handling of the country’s borders, numbers directly linked to travel are low. Meanwhile, critics worry that emphasis on securing the borders could lead to further xenophobic sentiment among Canadians."

and

"Epidemiological data released by the federal government, which tracks exposure information for the majority of the country’s 1.2 million cases, shows that Ontario has seen approximately 1,946 infections from those who travelled outside of Canada, or 0.4 per cent of confirmed cases. An additional 29 cases have been recorded for those who had direct contact with a traveller."

Why is that breath-taking? He has no problem screwing over all of Ontario.

From link. Dated May 28, 2020.

1. He cut comprehensive inspections down to nearly zero

Prior to Ford’s election, most Ontario nursing homes were subjected to comprehensive inspections every year. Doug Ford’s government scaled these inspections back, down to nearly zero.

In 2017, roughly 85 percent of homes received a full inspection. In 2018, just over half of the homes in the province received a full inspection. Last year, only nine out of the 626 homes in Ontario were fully inspected.

These comprehensive inspections have often uncovered evidence of neglect, poor sanitation, abuse and mishandling of medication – the very problems that were outlined by the military in their report.

2. He ignored calls to limit health workers to a single nursing home

Since early in the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses and experts have been urging the government to restrict nursing home staff to one workplace. This was something that was quickly mandated in British Columbia through a ban on working at multiple facilities.

In Ontario, however, it took until April 22 – well after COVID-19 had already spread among long-term care homes – for Ford to implement such a ban. In one Ontario nursing home, where this measure was enforced very early on, there have been zero deaths.

3. He issued an emergency order that removed training requirements for nursing home workers

Among the Ford government’s first responses to the COVID-19 crisis in long-term care homes was an emergency order that eliminated long-standing rules for protecting residents.

For-profit nursing home owners and operators were thrilled with the order. It gave them the authority to forego training and orientation requirements for new staff, many of whom were less qualified than regular staff.

Now, one of the biggest issues highlighted by the new military report is the lack of training for new staff in long term care facilities, resulting in poor adherence to infection control protocols and other problems.

4. He rejected OMA’s offers for increased physician support at nursing homes

The Ontario Medical Association (OMA) – the organization that represents the province’s doctors – sent multiple offers to Ford’s government that would have increased doctor-led medical support in long-term care homes.

The Ford government rejected these offers.

5. He cut provincial funding for long-term care

Prior to the emergence of COVID-19, the Ford government cut $34 million in long-term care funding. His budget also brought funding increases well below inflation, resulting in real-dollar cuts year-over-year.

LTCs are not just a ford issue. I know that's not what people want to hear, but it's the truth.
But sure as heck, Ford didn’t do anything about it either. As a matter of fact things got worse, mainly because for profit LTCs are run and overseen by his Conservative friends and campaign donator. And that’s the truth too. No sense arguing that fact.

So the PC's managed to "misplace" a whopping $4.4 billion in COVID funds. Imagine if Wynne had done that.
Misplaced? Naw... the money was probably used for other shady things, such as lawsuits and or other things this government doesn’t want the little guy or the folks to know about. Billions of dollars don’t get mislaid or misplaced. An other possibility is that’s it’s being used for advertising to tell us how well they are doing and point fingers to the liberals.

Back