News   Jul 22, 2024
 268     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 545     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

A new day for Ontario! I'd say. Ford as PC boss on the same night that idiotic DST kicks in. I'm over the moon.

If they extended the deadline another week he would have won by a much larger margin as he was bringing in new voters in droves compared to any of the candidates. Elliot and Co. knew they had to wrap up ASAP. He wasn't all that wrong about the status quo wanting to suppress new voters.
I didn’t get to vote and he was my #4. Can’t make these assumptions.

So, did those of you who took out a membership to vote even get to vote? @animatronic is a no. @PinkLucy ? I think there were others as well.

Bear with me, I'm laughing with you here, not at you, but I am laughing. It's a bit comical how it (didn't) work out for you guys in that you didn't get to vote.

I didn’t get to vote and he was my #4. Can’t make these assumptions.

Not much of an assumption here. Elliott was the only one who didn't want the vote periods extended. Its well documented many new people weren't getting an opportunity to vote, and compared to the others Ford was by far bringing in the majority of new voters. Clearly if your being truthful you were the minority

Last edited:
So this is good news for the DRL advocates. Wynne needs to be very strong on subways against Doug

Not much of an assumption here. Elliott was the only one who didn't want the vote periods extended. Its well documented many new people weren't getting an opportunity to vote, and compared to the others Ford was by far bringing in the majority of new voters. Clearly if your being truthful you were the minority
I think you’re making a big assumption that the missed/late mailings correlate with new members. I haven’t seen any evidence that’s the case.

Good for subways but not necessary DRL? The Fords were strong advocates of subways but money would be far more likely to flow to less relevant suburban expansion wouldn’t it? I’m not just speaking about in the PC platform but in the political calculus of the Liberals and NDP.

Good for subways but not necessary DRL? The Fords were strong advocates of subways but money would be far more likely to flow to less relevant suburban expansion wouldn’t it? I’m not just speaking about in the PC platform but in the political calculus of the Liberals and NDP.

Wynne now has to stand out from Doug on subways and the DRL in next in the pipeline and pushed by Tory. Its a no brainer to campaign on it at this stage when the Feds are already at the table to cover their part on he DRL when design is complete. I also think Doug wants to send a message to Downtown that's he supports high priority transit just not hacked in transit that removes car lanes created congestion by impacting other modes which has been a big issue which is winning him support. If he was to win Sheppard and Yonge North subways will be jaw-boned as next up in the que but not funded SSE could be pushed to Sheppard or atleast the stop added back. Remaining LRT will be thrown back to the City to build on its own if hes elected and subways likely uploaded as per Browns previous promise.

DRL has its best opportunity its ever had IMO

Last edited:
So this is good news for the DRL advocates. Wynne needs to be very strong on subways against Doug

Wynne's not winning over any new voters from downtown with a pro-DRL stance, she already has them. She however risks losing the 416/905 suburban belt to Ford by further alienating Scarborough's quest for rapid transit adequacy if the DRL jumps the queue as a priority.

Back