News   Apr 25, 2024
 358     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Who could have foreseen the need for Ford to learn how to use technology on his own, in the event of him needing to isolate. It's only 14 months into the pandemic, folks.

What a gong show.
Umm... well maybe not the fact the Premier is not skilled enough to use a computer, but it leaves to wonder how he stayed in contact with the other members of his caucus during his frequent absences from Queens Park. I will say most of us here were warning the other “folks and friends” about the fact the gong show was coming to this province. It’s passed gong show status.... the circus 🤡 has once again arrived.

Umm... well maybe not the fact the Premier is not skilled enough to use a computer, but it leaves to wonder how he stayed in contact with the other members of his caucus during his frequent absences from Queens Park. I will say most of us here were warning the other “folks and friends” about the fact the gong show was coming to this province. It’s passed gong show status.... the circus 🤡 has once again arrived.

My guess is phone calls - electronic communication leave trails and maybe subjected to retention rules. It is like his bro not using a computer.

AoD

I have to imagine using ancient technology that no longer receives security software updates is a big risk. Hopefully he's not accessing sensitive information on those devices, but I think we all know the answer to that.

My guess is phone calls - electronic communication leave trails and maybe subjected to retention rules. It is like his bro not using a computer.

AoD
Wonder if one of Doug's high school classes that he skipped was the touch-typing classes? Anyone seen him trying to two-finger (hunt and peck) typing on anything?

Does anyone really believe he was exposed to covid? He's lying, just like he lied repeatedly in council with his brother. He's using it as an excuse to try to explain where he's been since Friday.
“Dear Principul: Doug Ford Is very ill. He might have COVID. He has to stay home for 14 days. I hope you understand. Sinserely, Doug’s fathur”

Well, to me, more suspicious is Green at only 5% in the SW (where Schreiner's riding is) and the NDP being 17% in the North. So, likely some flawed samples here...
I’m thinking phone and self-selected polling, which almost always skew high in the Boomer and GenX segment (and consequently Conservative).

Doug needs a few sick days... so very convenient.

NEW: Premier Ford is currently isolating after being in close contact with a staff member who has since tested positive for #COVID19.

Remember, back in March of 2020. From link.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he will remain in isolation at his home for almost two more weeks even though his wife recently announced she has recovered from COVID-19.​
Mr. Trudeau says the couple took steps to remain apart, but staying at home for another two weeks is prudent because he was sharing a roof with someone who was ill.​
“I have to continue in isolation in order to be sure that we’re following all the protocols and the recommendations by Health Canada,” he said at his daily briefing to the nation in front of Rideau Cottage.

Where are Doug Ford's "daily briefing" while in isolation and answering questions from the press?

The last paragraph may explain his inability to listen to (or understand) science!

"His government under siege for its pandemic response, Premier Doug Ford is in seclusion at his late mother’s home after an aide tested positive for COVID-19.

Ford repaired to the family’s sprawling Etobicoke compound on Tuesday night after a young male staffer’s positive COVID-19 test came back.

The premier’s office said the 56-year-old politician, who received his first AstraZeneca shot almost two weeks ago, tested negative for the virus.

But under Toronto public health guidelines, Ford must self-isolate for 14 days after exposure.

It was not immediately clear how many other staffers would have to quarantine — most in the premier’s office have been working remotely for more than a year.

Forced to isolate himself from wife, Karla, and two of his four adult daughters who still live with them, he went to the home of his mother, Diane Ford, who died early last year before the pandemic.

The premier’s personal pickup truck was visible at the Etobicoke homestead.

On Wednesday, Ford’s office was scrambling to get him a laptop computer and to teach him how to use it.

While he has become accustomed to doing remote meetings via Zoom and Microsoft Teams from his office at Queen’s Park, he has technical support there.

Aides say Ford still uses a BlackBerry Classic phone for calls, texts, and emails, but the device is so old that downloading attachments can be challenging.

The premier is so accustomed to the vintage 2014 smartphone that he has a stack of them and gets refurbished models from a Mississauga electronics shop for about $150 a pop."

From: https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...e-after-aide-tests-positive-for-covid-19.html

Should the press gather (2 m apart and masked, of course) around Doug's mother's house for briefing and questions? That's what Trudeau did.

Back