News   Apr 26, 2024
 228     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 464     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.4K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

True but i mean the trends may reverse a bit where people no longer want to live in condos as much anymore but the truth is not everyone can get a house in the burbs .
I don't believe it's a trend as much as it's North America coming more into line with what the rest of the world already does. When countries move from an Agrarian economy to an Industrial+, the cities tend to grow. North America is mostly an anomaly in the fact that huge waves of people started moving out of the cities into Suburbs. But suburbs are economically unsustainable and bad for the environment and city growth has returned.

I don't believe it's a trend as much as it's North America coming more into line with what the rest of the world already does. When countries move from an Agrarian economy to an Industrial+, the cities tend to grow. North America is mostly an anomaly in the fact that huge waves of people started moving out of the cities into Suburbs. But suburbs are economically unsustainable and bad for the environment and city growth has returned.

City growth has returned with a caveat that it has mostly been concentrated in very underdeveloped land. Only 20 years ago we had 1,000 space car-parking lots, literal dirt fields, and a golf driving range right downtown. Outside of that we've been replacing old one or two story buildings which were often not even fully occupied.
Suburban growth is still happening but it has leapfrogged the greenbelt. It is in-part being sustained by big business moving low value-add white-collar jobs out from the core to the outer-suburbs, and with core rents sticking very high, even now, I don't think that trend is going to change soon, barring business finally decamping those jobs all the way out of the country, or simply running out of those jobs to move.

Last edited:
At this rate, if the PC party simply walks back on all of their bad ideas until we're left with just the good stuff that we all agree with, then in the end Doug might actually turn out to be a good premier! ;)
No need, all you actually need to get decent leadership is to have a global pandemic going on.

At this rate, if the PC party simply walks back on all of their bad ideas until we're left with just the good stuff that we all agree with, then in the end Doug might actually turn out to be a good premier! ;)

So far Doug has shown he can read a teleprompter, take advice from public health. He's still not able to walk away from those who contribute to his party and all of the favours it might bring him. He has reversed many of the decisions and cuts at great costs, indecisive behaviour and scandals might not even get him to the top 5 best premiers. He's right there... behind Harris. Oh yeah he's not even a skilled liar or an amicable sort of person.

Ontario political history past 30 yearshas been between bad liars like ford and masterful liars like wynne

The infamous stretch goal comment lol

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-defund-police-1.5604747

Where is the balancing budget talk, Mr. Ford?

You can easily make cuts to education, healthcare, and other things that help "the people" you claim to be fighting for.

But you won't even consider changes to the police system that people from around the world are fighting to change...

Something isn't adding up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/doug-ford-defund-police-1.5604747

Where is the balancing budget talk, Mr. Ford?

You can easily make cuts to education, healthcare, and other things that help "the people" you claim to be fighting for.

But you won't even consider changes to the police system that people from around the world are fighting to change...

Something isn't adding up.

Of course he doesn't, he got to keep his bread and butter happy. Also remember how he hand picks his security team?

AoD

Of course he doesn't, he got to keep his bread and butter happy. Also remember how he hand picks his security team?

AoD
During this pandemic, I seen a lot of people defend him, saying that he's a good person who took the leadership position and whatnot. However, I don't think it should take a pandemic to get leadership out of the Leader of our province.

People seem to forget that many of the things he's "fixing" right now, such as the LTC situation, was started/worsened by his decisons and policies.

Just because Ford did a decent job, listened to experts, and didn't mess up horribly like the "leader" south of the border during this pandemic, doesn't mean he should get another term.

As seen here, he'll be back doing what he does best (best for him and his buddies that is).

“God bless the president and don’t get me wrong. Full disclosure: I’m a big Republican, I’m a supporter, conservative-minded and Jason’s probably more conservative than I am" - Doug Ford, 2020

AoD

Back