News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 605     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Attendez!; Vous oubliez complètement sa capacité à choisir des chaussettes intéressantes

J'oublie rien. My socks are just as interesting as his. Even I don't give me points for that. :p

PS, 'Wanker' is roughly translated as "branleur"

Is that used in Quebec vernacular? In the same way 'wanker' is used?

J'oublie rien. My socks are just as interesting as his. Even I don't give me points for that. :p

Is that used in Quebec vernacular? In the same way 'wanker' is used?

I don't spend that much time in Quebec these days.......not enough.........do talk to family there........they use it sorta like the term 'showoff'....but with more a of distinctly pejorative 'jerk' tone about it.

I think that's fairly in-line w/the Brit 'wanker'

Doug is learning French, playing nice with the PM and using the word "love" in public. Meanwhile, Kenney is acting like a mini-Trump.

Be honest it is best to wait Trudeau to implode really then going full Trump on him.

The last Election showed Trudeau is very vulnerable and could been beaten with a decent leader but there was none

Doug is learning French, playing nice with the PM and using the word "love" in public. Meanwhile, Kenney is acting like a mini-Trump.

Would like to see Justin Trudeau be Doug Ford's substitute French teacher for one class. And mark him accordingly. (Justin was a French teacher in British Columbia, before entering politics.)

You know I'm not a fan of either of those two self-important stains on society, but if Ford is genuinely seeking to learn French then he should be commended for doing so, not least because learning a new language at his age is hard.

Especially if Doug skipped English classes in high school, among his other skipped classes.

You know I'm not a fan of either of those two self-important stains on society, but if Ford is genuinely seeking to learn French then he should be commended for doing so, not least because learning a new language at his age is hard.
Yeah I been trying to learn French right now and it's a challenege.

Frankly I blame the education system we have french should be taught in kindergarten.

Like a lot of different countries teach students to be bilingual in 2 and 3 languages yet we have a hard time teaching people French.

Frankly I blame the education system we have french should be taught in kindergarten.

Like a lot of different countries teach students to be bilingual in 2 and 3 languages yet we have a hard time teaching people French.
I’ve talked with my daughter’s teacher about this. The problem is that kids are still learning the fundamentals of English at the same time; especially with moving from a gendered language to a non-gendered one. It slows the development of both languages. My nephews are growing up in a French/English household and have experienced the same issues that the teacher told me would happen.

The problem is not so much about when they start, but the style of teaching. We emphasize the speak and repeat method, as opposed to immersion. This is why those in immersion schools are far more successful than those who just get the standalone lessons.

My kids and many others I knew grew up learning English and French simultaneously because their parents were bilingual. They are all fully bilingual now as adults and didn’t experience any problems.

Why blame the education system? The system offers parents choice of French Immersion should they choose to pursue it - they didn't choose to do so when it is fairly accessible here in the GTA. It's like blaming the education system for not teaching you learn how to play the piano.

AoD

Back