News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.6K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 636     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Not just Juli - but apparently he led the investigation on the Cons 407 investigation.

AoD

Could be - I don't recall that. I suspect they spent late last week beating the bushes of the senior staff of every large police service in the province until they found one that didn't either laugh in their face or run away screaming.

Colin D'Mello CTVNews
@ColinDMello

Oh my. Amy Fee - Parliamentary assistant to Social services Lisa MacLeod - tells the CBC she might have to take out a line of credit, borrow from her parents to make up for the $110,000 her family spend on autism therapy.

Her husband works two jobs, she gets a decent salary as an MPP and they are still unable to pay for their kids to get the help they need.

Her husband works two jobs, she gets a decent salary as an MPP and they are still unable to pay for their kids to get the help they need.

Yet she says she's still supportive of the changes. I'm not sure how she rationalizes that...........very odd.

Education 'reform' out today from the Ford Gov't.

I will link the backgrounder below.

My notes:

Class size stable in elementary grades (small increase in 4-8, less than 1 pupil per average class).
Class size skyrockets for secondary grades from average 22 to 28.

New Health Curriculum including sex ed. doesn't appear to be a problem on its face. Even gender expression is still there, as is consent and sexting.
What is not clear is if there are any changes in the opt-out provisions for parents.

There are some funding cuts with a couple of smaller streams being zero'd.

The bigger funding cuts are related to the secondary grades average class size change, as well as a shift to require students to take 4 e-learning (online) courses in HS.

I like that such courses will be available. Making 4 mandatory is likely a cost-cutting exercise as it reduces on-site attendance for High Schools.

Backgrounder here:

Back