News   Jun 27, 2024
 394     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 440     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 457     0 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

Yes, sure, follow the money, but I think that headline and article in general is very sensationalized.

"Wealthy Developers" weren't necessarily against the service that Doug Ford shut down. The service in theory would have helped separate bad appeals to developments from good appeals. Not having to waste your time fighting bad appeals from the public could only be seen as a positive move for wealthy developers.

I really love how the uiniversities that are supposedlymanditory for educating young people to be upstanding citizens are teaching people that interrupting a political debate by calling people crackers is acceptable behavior.

Kind of like having an ex-hash dealer as a law-and-order Premier, I suppose.

AoD

Last edited:
It's bizarre. He truly seems to have something against people suffering from autism. There's a demonstrable pattern of behavior there, right?

I swear that he hates them. If you have seen some of the comments he has said in the past, like complaing about a halfway house in his former city ward full of people with disabillties and such and then complaing that they were doing "reckless acts", you can tell....

And speaking of law and order - from the Globe:
Doug Ford demanded changes to his OPP security detail, according to court filings

“I have not formed the trust with them. I have asked for my own detail of officers who I trust already. It feels like I’m not being heard, like I’m getting f***ed around by the OPP, and I’m getting more pissed off,” the e-mail reads.

“I’m going to call the Commissioner and sort this out,” the Premier then said, according to the email.

Nevermind the ethics of this - I guess that bar of Dove have another mouth to wash. Glass house, meet stone.

In the July e-mail exchange, the police officer quotes Mr. Ford as saying he wanted to meet the then-OPP Commissioner “so he can see how serious I am about this. If he can’t sort this out, then maybe a new Commissioner can make it happen.”

Tsk tsk. What I am truly curious about is what's so special about the officers he does trust.

AoD

Last edited:
And speaking of law and order - from the Globe:
Doug Ford demanded changes to his OPP security detail, according to court filings

Nevermind the ethics of this - I guess that bar of Dove have another mouth to wash. Glass house, meet stone.

Tsk tsk. What I am truly curious about is what's so special about the officers he does trust.

AoD

Sample of the new uniform for Ford's security detail.

14-praetorian-guard-facts_5.jpg

From link.

Not just about autism - there is something about him and people who can't defend themselves.

He's a bully. They are his target.

Well, naturally. That's so obvious, it rather goes without saying. But I think there's something deeper at work here. Off the top of my head, I could mention at least a dozen or so bullying assholes in media and government, in this country and in other parts of the world - especially in the U.S. - who blatantly, manifestly relish acting like schoolyard bullies; there's no shortage of them, sad to say. But while it's one thing to pick on helpless targets, how many of these bastards have specifically gone after people suffering from mental and physical handicaps? Some have, probably (my knowledge here is hardly exhaustive), but I can't name any offhand, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Thug is unique in this respect. As with so much else to do with the Fords, there is a real depravity at work here, a genuine element that can only be called freakish.

Well, naturally. That's so obvious, it rather goes without saying. But I think there's something deeper at work here. Off the top of my head, I could mention at least a dozen or so bullying assholes in media and government, in this country and in other parts of the world - especially in the U.S. - who blatantly, manifestly relish acting like schoolyard bullies; there's no shortage of them, sad to say. But while it's one thing to pick on helpless targets, how many of these bastards have specifically gone after people suffering from mental and physical handicaps? Some have, probably (my knowledge here is hardly exhaustive), but I can't name any offhand, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Thug is unique in this respect. As with so much else to do with the Fords, there is a real depravity at work here, a genuine element that can only be called freakish.

My hunch is, deep down they probably have some values around said populations that are far off the mainstream view. This came close:

Etobicoke North Councillor Doug Ford’s comments that a home for mentally and emotionally challenged youth in his ward “has ruined the community” ignited a fire storm of public outrage over social media over the weekend as Ford defended his remarks.

“You’ve ruined the community...” Ford said to staff of Griffin Centre, a non-profit, multiservice mental health agency at a public meeting last Thursday. “My heart goes out to kids with autism. But no one told me they’d be leaving the house. If it comes down to it, I’ll buy the house myself and resell it.”

AoD

Probably both of the above plus some element of belief that they can't fight back, so they're an easy target. And fear. I bet he's afraid of them for some weird reason. Or just because he's a nasty person.

Well, considering how "abnormal" his family is, I am sure he doesn't want to be associated with those "others" because that's exactly what it is. His attitude has a bit of a Darwinian tinge to it.

AoD

Back