News   Apr 26, 2024
 164     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 427     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Premier Doug Ford's Ontario

I'm of mixed feelings on this one.

Do i think this is an expensive, Ford-induced bungle? Yes.

However, I didn't support Hydro buying this utility in the first place, either.

I favour it being publicly owned, by Ontario, limited to Ontario; and ideally, re-merged with OPG for a modest cost-savings, but better, more seemless integration.

Re-nationalizing is not likely to be on the table in the near future, sadly that that is one problem which can be fairly laid at the feet of the former government. Ah well.

Province’s chief accountant quit after refusing to sign off on Fedeli’s $15 billion deficit figure

See link.

Guess Doug Ford doesn't like "folks" who actually complete post-secondary school. Especially those at the top of their class, who he'll consider to be "elites".

Not that I'm inclined to be fair to Mr. Ford or in anyway let him off the hook, but Bonnie Lysyk should share the limelight. Its her suggested treatment of the pension fund assets that are a chief area of disputed with the accountant in question.

Said AG does not lack for an education...(MBA, FCPA, FCA, LPA), but has a demeanor about her that I really don't care for, and has handled this particular issue in a manner I would describe as unprofessional.

Province’s chief accountant quit after refusing to sign off on Fedeli’s $15 billion deficit figure
...Veinot, a leading expert on pension accounting who finished first among 63,000 candidates in the 1998 certified public accountants exam in the U.S., contends the holdings are an asset.
Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk — and her predecessors — used to count them as such. However, Lysyk changed her tune in 2015 and no longer does.

You do have to wonder why Lysyk changed her tune.

AoD

Not that I'm inclined to be fair to Mr. Ford or in anyway let him off the hook, but Bonnie Lysyk should share the limelight. Its her suggested treatment of the pension fund assets that are a chief area of disputed with the accountant in question.

Said AG does not lack for an education...(MBA, FCPA, FCA, LPA), but has a demeanor about her that I really don't care for, and has handled this particular issue in a manner I would describe as unprofessional.
AG and the inquiry headed by former B.C. premier Gordon Campbell both seemed to agree on the debt numbers.

It seems that Liberal/Wynne appointed accountent is the only one who disagreed.

Last edited:
AG and the inquiry headed by former B.C. premier Gordon Campbell both seemed to agree on the debt numbers.
It seems that Liberal/Wynne appointed accounted is the only one who disagreed.

The inquiry was intiated and headed by who? Gordon Campbell is worth zilch if your thesis is that partisan appointments are by default biased (and we all know where Campbell calls from), and the current AG is appointed by the then Liberal-dominated legislature.

You realize that Hydro shares are up 4.5% since Ford took over, compared to an overall market that is down 6.2%.

Yes, yes, that line of argument has been used by you re: Trump prior - I am sure the stock market is as diagnostic now as it is then?

AoD

Last edited:
This Gordon Campbell?

campbell-mug-shot300px.jpg

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin...

View attachment 166176

Wouldn't be surprised if, in his heart, Premier DoFo'd rather dispense with the formality of even convening the Legislature, given that he has a majority and everything so who needs to waste taxpayer dollars on all that legislative-chamber gobbledygook...

Governing by caucus meeting, IOW--preferably behind closed doors. And as for reps of the other parties (including the "Media Party"): tough, you're not in power.

Last edited:
The new head of the Ontario Provincial Police will need to testify before a tribunal about his alleged mishandling of a sexual-harassment complaint under his watch at the Toronto Police Service as he takes control of the larger service facing its own reckoning over the treatment of female employees.

In the spring, Ron Taverner is expected to testify before the province’s Human Rights Tribunal about how he handled a junior officer’s concerns about sexual harassment, including allegations he discouraged the complainant from speaking out. The OPP is also before the tribunal, facing its own human rights complaint from dozens of female members who have accused the provincial service of systemic discrimination.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...pid=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

Back