News   Apr 18, 2024
 403     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.4K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 372     0 

Post your criticism/suggestions here

The site (forum and newspage) is working much better on my mobile device compared to months ago?

I did notice some changes. The top bar recedes once you start scrolling, making more room for the content and tapping the top of the screen now scrolls. Good improvements to be sure, but I continue to have trouble with images. Tapping an image sometimes doesn't allow you to then close it, and you have to refresh the browser to get out of the photo or pinching to zoom in on a photo makes the site all jittery like the UI is fighting you.

Is there no way to go to the last read post on a thread or am I just missing it?

If this isn't an option, I don't know how any forum software could not have this. Am I supposed to remember the last date I visited and go backwards through every thread?

Thanks, but that's the stupidest design I've ever seen. Any other forum software I've used jumps you to the newest post from the thread list. Having to visit the thread and then click another button is terrible UX.

I know that one can "Ignore" a Member but I wonder if you can Ignore a THREAD. I ask because there has recently been a huge increase in the number of 'non-Toronto threads (e.g. News from Europe, News from Asia etc etc). Though these sometimes have interesting content I would really like a way to stop them showing up in my "New Posts"

I know that one can "Ignore" a Member but I wonder if you can Ignore a THREAD. I ask because there has recently been a huge increase in the number of 'non-Toronto threads (e.g. News from Europe, News from Asia etc etc). Though these sometimes have interesting content I would really like a way to stop them showing up in my "New Posts"
I've been waiting for this feature to exist for a long time. However something interesting that I notice is that when you mute someone, any threads that they started will no longer show up in "New Posts', no matter who has posted since. You can effectively mute an entire thread just my muting the person that started it, as long as that person happens to be someone who you don't particularly care about or who hasn't logged in for years.

Reactions: DSC
Just today, I am seeing random redirects when I click (sometimes) at UT to a page asking if I am a robot.

What's up w/that?

It happens when I'm already signed in!

Ok, I thought it was just me with the reCaptcha showing up in all linked media.

I thought it was me because I'm using Tor and I've been having increasing problems with exit nodes. More and more are being used maliciously. :(

An unrelated issue I've been having on mobile where I also use Tor is the page won't load properly and loads up as only text based. Is this a known problem with Firefox? Only happens on mobile (my Android tablet).

Knock wood; but the issue appears to have resolved.

Thanks again.

Is it still an issue? We made some changes overnight and since we never experienced it not sure if the fixes worked. Let me know @SunriseChampion @APTA-2048 @Northern Light

I only had the issue with the reCaptcha in all the linked media the one night and not since then. That was on my laptop however.
The text-only loading on mobile (Tor for Android) was still a thing after that night.
If it's not a known issue then it's probably just my security settings mucking things up.

Back