News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 425     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

It seems we are stuck in a position where Prime Minister Deep unpopularity west of Ontario while decent support out East ensures his electoral victory.

Nevertheless its not a good future for national unity if we continue to become that divided.

Oil prices have collapsed- if this holds up, I think this will blow a large hole in both AB and Federal finances- and tensions will definitely continue to rise.

Hey, history does repeat itself! This will be a replay of the Trudeau Sr minority government from 1972 to 1974.
History does repeat itself.
I remember asking my parents in the early 80's how their generation could be stupid enough to vote for Trudeau.
My son just did the same.

Well I look at this way... there is a huge dearth in quality leaders in the west right now.

Boris Johnson won easily despite all his flaws as his opponent looked like a hobo wearing a suit
Trump won largely as he faced one of the most flawed presidential candidates apart from himself who ran an overconfident campaign. Now the best hope to beat Trump is a 78-year-old man who seems to be losing his marbles.
Marcon went from a darling of the media to a person who is just a long list of french presidents who are deeply unpopular.
Germany is struggling to find a leader that can fill the vacuum of Angela Merkel.

Trudeau is a very lacklustre leader who is only liked in very few parts of the country however faces an opposition that has even worse leaders or flawed.

There is a huge crisis in leadership across the West really... a huge crisis.

Prime minister seems extremely passive on this issue based on the latest news conference in his tone but the actual measures seem good.
And frankly Trump is even worse...

Frankly I stocked up on two months of supplies just in case there is a quarantine and stocked up on my medical supplies for my mom just in case there is a shortage.

I think one lesson to learn from thisk or the future is that we live in a way more interconnected world and people will not look at a pandemic in isolation to their country alone but will be looking closely at what's going on around the world

Last edited:
I think one lesson to learn from thisk or the future is that we live in a way more interconnected world and people will not look at a pandemic in isolation to their country alone but will be looking closely at what's going on around the world
Wonder if the lesson will stick this time. It is not like the Spanish Flu of a hundred years ago had a particularly difficult time crossing borders in a short span of time.

But we didn't have social media then, we are much more mobile now, we have mass transit and highrise buildings.

But we didn't have social media then, we are much more mobile now, we have mass transit and highrise buildings.

Or the sheer amount of same-day cross-country travel. No jets, barely any planes back in 1918. No one should be surprised by this except those who wanted to put their heads in the sand.

AoD

Back