News   Mar 28, 2024
 55     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Well considering Justin Trudeau lost the popular vote to the leader who is completely useless...

I think Trudeau knows he needs to step up his game or else he will likely lead his party into electoral defeat in the next election.

If that means he acts in a more dignified and mature manner I'm all for it.

Well considering Justin Trudeau lost the popular vote to the leader who is completely useless...

I think Trudeau knows he needs to step up his game or else he will likely lead his party into electoral defeat in the next election.

If that means he acts in a more dignified and mature manner I'm all for it.

The popular vote means squat. It is how those votes are distributed that matters.

What happens when a group of idiots come up with a stupid idea and incompetents try to implement it.

Murderers getting new trials because Trudeau meddled

From my perspective, the government didn't meddle, they legislated (it's what governments do) - they just legislated badly. This legislation also involved JWR, who I thought was everybody's hero.

Lilly's assertion that they "messed with centuries of legal tradition" is a bit of a stretch. Legal procedures are modified all the time. We don't have grand juries, capital punishment or appeals to the Judicial Privy Council in London anymore either. The entire jury selection process is arcane at best of times.

From my perspective, the government didn't meddle, they legislated (it's what governments do) - they just legislated badly. This legislation also involved JWR, who I thought was everybody's hero.

She's deffo my hero. I doubt we could say the same for Mr Halton over here. :)

Lol if the Conservatives won a 160 seats with 33% of the vote, you would be frothing at your mouth in rage.
I'm kinder towards the Liberals on this matter than the Cons because I know that the second choice of around 80% of NDP voters is Liberal, which would give the Liberals a majority in a majoritarian style electoral system.

Which is coincidentally why we should never move to ranked ballot system at the Federal level. I don't want to see a single party monopolize politics with a super-majority each election.

Back