News   Apr 18, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 407     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Perhaps you could cite an instance when a Conservative government was in power and allowed an opposition motion questioning Government action or policy. Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending this Government, just pointing out that they are doing what every single government before them has done.
The issue isn't that she is not speaking at the committee - it is that the Liberal strategy is to criticize her for not speaking, when they are the ones who are preventing it.
First names vs. surnames? Reaching a little much?
Well, this is according to former Liberals - so maybe not reaching at all.

The issue isn't that she is not speaking at the committee - it is that the Liberal strategy is to criticize her for not speaking, when they are the ones who are preventing it.

Well, this is according to former Liberals - so maybe not reaching at all.

OK, fair point. Bains may get his pee-pee slapped for going off script. Perhaps cracks in caucus solidarity?

Kinsella may well be a current or former card-carrying Liberal but to me he is just another political pundit polishing his personal brand and keeping his name in the conversation. Seeing as his resume includes writing for the G&M, National Post and the Toronto Sun, perhaps his journalistic and political bona fides are a little more situational than engrained.

It never occurred me to ask why is it that the Attorney General is part of the cabinet in Canada, whereas in the UK, where we draw our Westminster system from, the AG is not part of the cabinet.

Anyone know why?

It never occurred me to ask why is it that the Attorney General is part of the cabinet in Canada, whereas in the UK, where we draw our Westminster system from, the AG is not part of the cabinet.

Anyone know why?

It really does seem like there's conflicting impulses here between the independence of the AG and cabinet solidarity. The AG should be independent, but also is a member of the cabinet supposed to not follow the Prime Ministers lead?

Ontario, and I'd guess other provinces, has the same issue with the Minister of Justice and Attorney General being the same person.

I think the biggest damage to the brand of the liberals is that it seems the Liberals are no different then the past liberals.

This is no new liberals here.

I think the biggest damage to the brand of the liberals is that it seems the Liberals are no different then the past liberals.

Trudeau has been exposed as a phony.

Its too bad the Conservatives in this country have swung way too far right. I can't vote for a party of racists and White Nationalist sympathizers.

Trudeau has been exposed as a phony.

Its too bad the Conservatives in this country have swung way too far right. I can't vote for a party of racists and White Nationalist sympathizers.

Yeah, I might not be too impressed with the Liberals, but I can't vote for a party that is so anti-immigrant now.

Or past Conservatives - I'm thinking of Nigel Wright. I feel somewhat vindicated in that I felt that this whole thing had Butt's fingerprints all over it from the beginning. I'm a little sanguine about about this event, primarily from the perspective that they all do it. Too much of our democratic processes and power are concentrated in partisan, unelected, unaccountable and largely invisible political staffers.

Earlier today, Trudeau suggested a public inquiry isn't necessary to get to the bottom of the SNC-Lavalin affair.

ttps://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilson-raybould-snc-lavalin-trudeau-1.5025885

With all of the trouble that the Liberals are in, it isn't wise for the CPC to associate with those Yellow Vest people. They are open white supremacists and bigots. Faith Goldy was there too.

Last edited:

Back