News   Apr 24, 2024
 912     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 607     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Interesting nugget of information in light of the recent debacle swirling around SNC Lavalin:

Canada has the dubious honour of being home to the largest number of firms on a World Bank blacklist of corrupt companies.

But virtually all of that can be attributed to one Canadian company — SNC Lavalin, the construction and engineering giant whose name is becoming a paragon of Canadian corruption.

Of the more than 600 companies now listed as barred from doing business with the World Bank over corruption, 117 are Canadian, the most of any one country. And of those, 115 represent SNC-Lavalin and its subsidiaries, the Financial Post reports.

The Liberals should be happy that Singh won. If he had lost, the NDP could have turfed him and picked a better leader. Flipping Outremont was expected.

Times like this is where doing politics the old way backfires. It is pretty obvious that Singh will cause a bad result for the NDP next election but no party insiders have staged a coup. It reminds me of the Ontario Liberals who were too afraid to boot Wynne after setting them up for an obvious loss.

Need a fake Patrick Brown type scandal right about now. ;)

I am also curious if Singh will run back to Brampton in October. I feel like he might but I think its the wrong decision politically.

Christ, the Rebel crowd is going to have a field day.

So should everyone.

Based on JWR's allegations.............

This is awful.

I'm not naive in the least.

We know these types of things happen in all administrations (though they ought not to)

But, the sheer level of bull-headed push-through by the PMO, by the Morneau's office and by Clerk of the Privy Council is not only galling and offensive in its own right, but more even moreso for its sheer
unbridled political boneheadedness.

I can understand the choices made by some in Morneau's office and the PMO though at a certain point find them quite unacceptable.

But what i find most contemptible are the actions of the Clerk of the Privy Council; who is supposed to be somewhat independent and to know better.

He should be dismissed forthwith for cause no matter what.

I can't bring myself to seriously consider voting for Scheer...........but at this point.........Trudeau, and Morneau really must go.

The Libs wouldn't............but would do well to consider JWR as their leader going into the next election................. I wouldn't agree with her on all matters political..........but I would trust her.

Your choice will between Trudeau’s more or less proven sleaze or Scheer’s complete lack of policy and conviction. You could vote Green or NDP, but while they might win some ridings including yours, they don’t have a chance to form a government. So, four more years of Quebec corruption, chaps.

Not just Scheer's lack of policy, but his embrace of right wing populism.

Or an egotistical man who thinks he has a right to govern because he think he is Dad 2.0 and he never done anything wrong.

My point is Trudeau and his supporters have lost the moral high ground.

Sure the Tories have stupid policies but the liberals are the same old group that neck deep in Quebec based corruption.

I think Scheer just doesn't have the hair to be PM. For many voters, this is the #1 criterion.

Not me. I don't go by appearance.

Or an egotistical man who thinks he has a right to govern because he think he is Dad 2.0 and he never done anything wrong.

My point is Trudeau and his supporters have lost the moral high ground.

Sure the Tories have stupid policies but the liberals are the same old group that neck deep in Quebec based corruption.

So long as Ontario and Quebec have the majority of seats, this will be the case.

Also, outgoing MP Brad Trost blocked me on Twitter. Was it something I said? :)

Not me. I don't go by appearance.

So long as Ontario and Quebec have the majority of seats, this will be the case.

Also, outgoing MP Brad Trost blocked me on Twitter. Was it something I said? :)

The point is don't you boast the liberals are great and moral yet it is rather clear they are the liberal party of yesteryear? Just with a focus on gender and identity issues to get votes?

Back