News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 832     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Not a tremendous fan of boasting about helping refugees by bringing them here. Just feels like an exercise in self-congratulation.

You end up saving a few of them- but what happens to the millions in the surrounding countries? They wallow in misery in the underfunded camps and watch as their best years go by them and their children miss out on education, girls being married off early as to secure at least a marginally better life. And some of them become frustrated and fall into the wrong crowd.

A better plan- and a plan that will help more people is one that ensures the camps are fully funded and that additional help reaches those not in the camps. This means that the quality of life of those in the camps isn't degraded, that the people are working as so to give them a purpose and bring them above subsistence level survival, and that their children have the resources to properly learn and gain skills.

Ensure that these people live- not just survive. And that once the war ends, they can immediately jump back into their country and help rebuild it right away.

Sure, it's not nearly as high-profile as refugees being welcomed off of planes with placards and good will, but I think it'll help more people. Yes- let those in who can't find safety anywhere, but understand that helping many people go from a bronze to a silver is better than elevating a few to a gold.

Plus- our money would go much further where the costs of living are far lower (see how so many refugees are struggling to deal with the housing market).

Last edited:
Not a tremendous fan of boasting about helping refugees by bringing them here. Just feels like an exercise in self-congratulation.
You end up saving a few of them- but what happens to the millions in the surrounding countries? They wallow in misery in the underfunded camps and watch as their best years go by them and their children miss out on education, girls being married off early as to secure at least a marginally better life. And some of them become frustrated and fall into the wrong crowd.
A better plan- and a plan that will help more people is one that ensures the camps are fully funded and that additional help reaches those not in the camps. This means that the quality of life of those in the camps isn't degraded, that the people are working as so to give them a purpose and bring them above subsistence level survival, and that their children have the resources to properly learn and gain skills.
Ensure that these people live- not just survive. And that once the war ends, they can immediately jump back into their country and help rebuild it right away.
Sure, it's not nearly as high-profile as refugees being welcomed off of planes with placards and good will, but I think it'll help more people. Yes- let those in who can't find safety anywhere, but understand that helping many people go from a bronze to a silver is better than elevating a few to a gold.
Plus- our money would go much further where the costs of living are far lower (see how so many refugees are struggling to deal with the housing market).

It's both - what's what our foreign and humanitarian aid, our UN contributions are for.

AoD

I'd rather we used the money we used for this particular exercise and added it towards targeted aid for Syria.

But water under the bridge, the money's already been spent and the people are already here. The best we can do is ensure that they can integrate quickly into the Canadian system and not fall between the cracks once funding runs out. Hope the next round of funding is different.

It's interesting that many fleeing towards Europe chose to flee precisely because their lives in Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon were so intolerable and they thought there was no future for their children.

Last edited:
People siding with the PM on the Muslim ban:

-Brad Wall
-Jason Kenney
-Michael Chong
-Lisa Raitt
-Deepak Obrhai

Nothing from Kellie Trump so far.

People siding with the PM on the Muslim ban:

-Brad Wall
-Jason Kenney
-Michael Chong
-Lisa Raitt
-Deepak Obrhai

Nothing from Kellie Trump so far.

To be fair, she wanted to bring some of the excitement south of the border up here. Oh, and I must remind you that you didn't give her proper treatment and consideration, with the appropriate sprinkling of titles after her name. Tsk tsk.

AoD

Nick Kouvalis@NickKouvalis
@EmmMacfarlane 2/3rds of Canadians want what Kellie is talking about. You've weakened a nation today. Live with your treason. Cuck. Serious.

Oh you should read the smackdown by Andrew Coyne. Guess Lich, QED is getting desperate after becoming a no-one post O'Leary.

AoD

Last edited:
Did Nick Kouvalis just use the word "cuck"? Is he "alt-right"?

Last edited:
I9P4MYkm_normal.jpg
Andrew Coyne@acoyne
1 hour ago
Is this actually the campaign mgr of a leading candidate for Conservative leader? “Cuck”? “Treason”? Seriously, why not go the full Pepe?

Followed by (in chronological order):
Andrew Coyne ‏@acoyne 1h1 hour ago
Hey @NickKouvalis, long time listener, first time caller: what’s your take on this whole “white genocide” thing?

Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 1h1 hour ago
@acoyne next time I see you sipping at One. I will actually stop and pretend you're someone.

Andrew Coyne ‏@acoyne 1h1 hour ago
Great! I’ll buy you a drink!

Nick Kouvalis ‏@NickKouvalis 1h1 hour ago
@acoyne that's a nice thing to say.

AoD

I9P4MYkm_normal.jpg
Andrew Coyne@acoyne
1 hour ago
Is this actually the campaign mgr of a leading candidate for Conservative leader? “Cuck”? “Treason”? Seriously, why not go the full Pepe?

Remember, this is who the mayor wants to run his re-election campaign. He said Nick is "the smartest person I know".

Trudeau for his faults is a 'people person' and I think can read the tea leaves...I actually think he saw the victory of Trump likely...

Positioning himself as the anti-Trump could really work in his favor.

Back