News   Apr 25, 2024
 612     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 512     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 758     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

This is funny - even on election day Trudeau break the law while voting. Is there no law the Trudeau respects or is he above them all?
First, bringing kids into the voting "booth". Second, having kid deposit ballot into box.
It looks like the worker at the desk is torn whether to tell Trudeau.
(couldn't figure out how to post only the lower video).

Please cite the section(s) of the Canada Elections Act that were contravened. I couldn't find anything prohibiting children at the voting booth but may have missed it. For your assistance regarding the "kid deposit ballot into box", note that the Elector never relinquished possession of the ballot. I await . . .

Please cite the section(s) of the Canada Elections Act that were contravened. I couldn't find anything prohibiting children at the voting booth but may have missed it. For your assistance regarding the "kid deposit ballot into box", note that the Elector never relinquished possession of the ballot. I await . . .
Canada Election Act Section 135(1)e.
) The only persons who may be present at a polling station on polling day are
(e) an elector and a friend or relative who is helping him or her by virtue of subsection 155(1), only for the period necessary to enable the elector to vote;
Note the subsection 155(1) is for persons requiring assistance to vote.

And depositing the ballot in the box, which Michel clearly did, that 151(2)c.

Maybe you can help me, is there some law that states that Trudeau is exempt from these laws. Maybe it's some overarching legislation that Trudeau is exempt from all laws.

Canada Election Act Section 135(1)e.

Note the subsection 155(1) is for persons requiring assistance to vote.

And depositing the ballot in the box, which Michel clearly did, that 151(2)c.

Maybe you can help me, is there some law that states that Trudeau is exempt from these laws. Maybe it's some overarching legislation that Trudeau is exempt from all laws.

Your obvious and enduring hatred for all things Liberal aside, I will give your due on your reading of the Act. However, while the Act sets out the procedural rules for voting (Part 9), it creates only a handful of offences, and the aggrieved acts aren't included. In this 'day and age', it seems particularly archaic not not accommodate children at a polling station. I have seen it on several occasions as, no doubt, have others. It is not addressed in the Elections Canada FAQ page, but in this article written on Oct 17th, they seems to be okay with it.
Also, the crime wave seems rampant:

I worked the polls in previous elections. The polling station was at an elementary school. Children were a reality and no issue at all.

I remember going with my dad to vote when I was about 8. Right up to the ballot box

It's probably one of the reasons I am still interested in politics

I worked the polls in previous elections. The polling station was at an elementary school. Children were a reality and no issue at all.
I am sure I have seen children younger than the 12 and 10 (Trudeau kids) who were told to leave the ballot booth.

Shall we continue here or start a Justin's second term thread?

For the moment, here, from the PM's presser today; cabinet to be sworn in on Nov 20. Unusually slow for an incumbent government.

Trudeau has ruled out any coalitions, formal or informal. That made me laugh, I'm not sure how one has an informal coalition.......

He has deemed his highest priority to get his tax cut passed (raising the Basic Personal Amount). I find that odd; I didn't get the impression of that particular promised really capturing the imagination of even right-centre Liberals or Conservatives.

By contrast, the progressive vote was solidly behind Pharmacare. The latter, of course, is not instantly deliverable; but the former doesn't strike me as the high priority commitment that would boost the Liberals political fortunes either.

No need for a new thread

Trudeau has always appeared lukewarm on Pharmacare. Hopefully the NDP and Greens will push him on it.

And along with that tax cut, let’s get moving on some corporate tax changes.

He has deemed his highest priority to get his tax cut passed (raising the Basic Personal Amount). I find that odd; I didn't get the impression of that particular promised really capturing the imagination of even right-centre Liberals or Conservatives.

a) deny your competitor that space and b) the impact of this would be immediate at the next tax year - for the next election.

By contrast, the progressive vote was solidly behind Pharmacare. The latter, of course, is not instantly deliverable; but the former doesn't strike me as the high priority commitment that would boost the Liberals political fortunes either.

It's a Fed-Prov issue, and I doubt the provinces will want to make it easy for the Feds given their current ideological inclinations.

AoD

Last edited:
BurlOak's posts perfectly encapsulate why the Conservatives lost the election. Instead of focusing on criticizing Trudeau's bad policies, they concentrate on small, petty issues like him bringing kids to the voting booth. It's just more of a personal dislike and vendetta than about something broader like actual politics.

Trudeau should be careful I think

Or else he could repeat the mistakes of his father and really inflame regionalism.

Like Trudeau won clearly but I feel the next election is going to be even more nasty.

Back