News   Aug 16, 2024
 337     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 375     0 
News   Aug 16, 2024
 302     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Which is unfortunate because the opposite of nonsense isn't more nonsense.

One thing that really upsets me about the Trudeau liberals is that they are pretty much laying the perfect foundation for a Trump Lite to get elected in Canada in the 2020s.

The liberals have gone from governing from the centre to the far left (optically) and are being supported by millennial and minority voters. When Trudeau finally leaves, that support for the Liberals will not translate over to the next leader fully.
Add in that many white voters especially outside of big cities will likely be fueled by fake news and false narratives...

I think its a perfect situation for a populist to win in Canada in the 2020s.

I hope i am wrong but I predicted a Trump-like figure in the states in 2014... I was only wrong that he would appear in 2016 and not in 2020.

But I thought you, a female minority from outside the city, were super excited to cast your vote and see the great populist Mr. Ford elected premier?! Sometimes I'm easily confused.
One thing that really upsets me about the Trudeau liberals is that they are pretty much laying the perfect foundation for a Trump Lite to get elected in Canada in the 2020s.

The liberals have gone from governing from the centre to the far left (optically) and are being supported by millennial and minority voters. When Trudeau finally leaves, that support for the Liberals will not translate over to the next leader fully.
Add in that many white voters especially outside of big cities will likely be fueled by fake news and false narratives...

I think its a perfect situation for a populist to win in Canada in the 2020s.

I hope i am wrong but I predicted a Trump-like figure in the states in 2014... I was only wrong that he would appear in 2016 and not in 2020.

With Doug Ford steering the Ontario PC's to the populist right, and likely to power in June, do you anticipate Andrew Scheer following his playbook? Scheer and Ford have a similar base and likely agree on most things policy, but Scheer's image is still more small 'c' conservative, polite, dad-like, in a Stephen Harper sort-of-way. Does a 'stop the gravy train, folks' movement come to Parliament Hill?

https://globalnews.ca/news/4106317/brad-trost-legal-fight-ethics-commissioner/

This is kind of amusing. Brad Trost, who lost the nomination for the next election and is at war with his own party, is seeking donations to cover his legal bills. That lawyer happens to be a Liberal and head of Chrystia Freeland's riding association!

David Akin ‏Verified account@davidakin
1f195.png
from me: In legal fight with his own party, #CPC MP @BradTrostCPC seeks donations to cover bills coming from a lawyer (pictured) who heads @cafreeland 's riding association!

But I thought you, a female minority from outside the city, were super excited to cast your vote and see the great populist Mr. Ford elected premier?! Sometimes I'm easily confused.

To be fair, I don't think she's said anywhere which way she's actually voting, nor that she's excited about Ford being, never mind becoming premier.

I may have missed it, but from what I recall it isn't the case.

Just thought I'd point this out in the interest of fairness.

Last edited:
With Doug Ford steering the Ontario PC's to the populist right, and likely to power in June, do you anticipate Andrew Scheer following his playbook? Scheer and Ford have a similar base and likely agree on most things policy, but Scheer's image is still more small 'c' conservative, polite, dad-like, in a Stephen Harper sort-of-way. Does a 'stop the gravy train, folks' movement come to Parliament Hill?

Ooooooooooooooo......now that's an interesting question. I don't think so, to be honest.

Doug Ford winning the PC leadership (barely) in a shortened contest isn't the same as Scheer approaching a federal general election with the same style. Nowhere near the same. Might it work for Scheer? I doubt it. I think anywhere east of the Ottawa River would be lost as would most of British Columbia. The rest might be a toss up.

It could also depend to a large extent on if Ford becomes premier and how that goes in the first year. If it's the joke that I know it would be then I don't think Scheer would necessarily follow suit for fear of losing a large swathe of Ontario, not to mention anywhere else that's paying attention in addition to the aformentioned east of Ottawa River land and B.C.

I am not excited for Ford or Populists taking over.

It is more an example of how far left Wynne and Trudeau are going pretty much giving many moderates no option but to go to the right.

Trudeau poll numbers have gone down mostly from male moderates fleeing to the Tories.

It is more an example of how far left Wynne and Trudeau are going pretty much giving many moderates no option but to go to the right.

Trudeau poll numbers have gone down mostly from male moderates fleeing to the Tories.

I'm a male moderate who has never been with Trudeau and most certainly won't be fleeing to the Tories as they have existed since Peter McKay sold out the PCs. For example, the only high profile federal Tory I can get behind is Michael Chong and if you remember how he did in the leadership race.... (though, I do have a soft spot for Bernier and his lovable libertarianism)

Like, maybe if it was still all Cambell, Charest, Wayne, and Orchard with a dash of Chong.

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...ing-place-of-indigenous-traditional-knowledge

Perhaps the article above points to one of the possible reasons for the Trudeau government’s decline in popularity. One could ask what’s the big deal: The whole attempt to characterize the scientific method as nothing more than value-laden European imperialism is just words after all. And if we’re now going to pretend that “indigenous knowledge” gives us as much insight into the world as science, we’re still going to fly on planes or talk on iPhones secure in the (non-traditional) knowledge that the wisdom of the elders had absolutely nothing to do with it. Except, this hypocritical lunacy is now federal government policy. When it’s thoughtcrime for a Québécois official to even ask what all this newspeak actually means, we’ve gone down a pretty deep rabbit hole, dragged by the Trudeau Liberals.

Well, what is "traditional Indigenous knowledge"? If it's based in biology, chemistry, and physics then up it! If it's religious voodoo then it has no place interfering with government policy or procedure.

It's either a science (even if based on a spiritual understanding of the world) or it's religion.

Yeah, between this and the summer jobs row, this government is starting to stink of autocracy. There is an orthodoxy as prescribed by the government and everything else is wrong and bad and shall not be brought up. It's a joke except I'm not laughing.

How the hell can a government that won a minority of votes be so arrogant as to think they have the right to impose a moral standard on society?
Just another example of why FPTP is absolute bullshit.

People wonder why people like Jordan Peterson get so famous as they don't have much substance behind what they say.

Well you have people like the federal liberals in charge and it's rather easy why people listen to Peterson as he sounds like a scholar in comparison to these people.

People wonder why people like Jordan Peterson get so famous as they don't have much substance behind what they say.

Well you have people like the federal liberals in charge and it's rather easy why people listen to Peterson as he sounds like a scholar in comparison to these people.
True. Plus the fact that as a tenured professor of psychology - a serious academic discipline as opposed to, say, communications studies or gender studies - Peterson is actually a real scholar. Most of his critics, not so much.

It's either a science (even if based on a spiritual understanding of the world) or it's religion.

Science or religion is a false dichotomy. The scientific method was born out of a religious tradition. The two can work hand in hand, though, this case is disregarding science in favour of unsupported, superstitious convictions (traditional Indigenous knowledge) that are easily falsifiable.

Last edited:

Back