CFB Downsview was closed back in 1996. In order to Align Dufferin parts you need to shut down Downsview Airport, which is owned and used by Bombardier Aerospace. I doubt it will happen any time soon. I do like other parts of your proposal.Just get rid of it!
- Finally close CFB Downsview
- Align Dufferin north of the 401 with Dufferin to the south
- Add a 401 east to Bathurst St exit
- Cover the Spadina subway in the Allen ditch
- Bring the ditch up to grade
- Build hi-rises at the Subway stations and parks in-between
- The money from the real-estate would likely pay for it all