News   Jul 22, 2024
 299     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 554     0 

Pearson Airport Terminal LINK (Cable Car)

I

interchange42

Pearson's new Automated People Mover

So I was riding Pearson's brand spankin' new Automated People Mover the other day, enjoying the...

...uh, no I wasn't. What's going on with it? It was supposed to start operations in February last I heard.

I e-mailed Connie Turner @ GTAA and she told me that its been delayed til the "early second quater" of 2006. So i'm assuming in April or May, since June would be late Q2.

This was supposed to be up and running originally on Nov 1, 2005...then Feb 26, 2006...but there have been delays...

Late last year, during testing, one of the trains was, (cough), damaged, and had to be sent back to Europe for repairs. Gotta love those feds...

It's now back and ready to operate, but now there are delays in certification. Apparently the folks who certify things like elevators aren't happy with certain minor aspects of the finished People Mover project, and are demanding a few changes.

Gotta love those feds...

What do the 'feds' have to do with anything? They don't test elevators and they don't drive people movers.

alklay, o.k., by feds I guess I mean the GTAA.....

Anywho, once the certification issues are resolved, it should be up and running..

The GTAA...now there is something I could get behind in bashing!!! ;)

Actually the feds do have something to do with such issues. All airport lands are under federal jurisdiction and their standard form construction contracts are seen by most contractors as heavy-handed and inflexible. The GTTA may be the client but the process is all fed.

Tdot,

You are correct. Also areas falling under Fed jurisdiction must follow Fed labour regs, not provincial.

If you hear any updates, please post. I'm still waiting to get my first ride on it!

I was driving past, and I saw it moving very slowly across Airport Road. I assume it was some sort of test run. I presume that the line will be operational in due course.

Ok, well, if you're not concerned about people's IDs being hijacked, I won't worry about it either.

Hmm, time to raise that in the Admin secton. Sorry about that.

AoD

Back