• Carter 003.jpg
    Carter 003.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 583
Daily Commercial News

The Pearl Pair in Toronto
June 5, 2009

120.jpg

PAUL PRICE

Workers prepare rebar at the Pearl Condos at 35 Hollywood Ave. in Toronto, Ont. The Conservatory Group began the 24-storey, 352-unit project in fall 2008 and it will include four levels of underground parking. The Pearl project was designed by E.I. Richmond Architects. Consultants are Rottman & Associates Ltd. (structural); and M.V Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical). Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; CBM (concrete); Global Precast; Paramount (forming); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd.; Rite Air Mechanical; (ventilation); Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and Quest Window Systems Inc.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id33995

Side note, I believe this site is part of North York City Centre (NYCC) too?

MODs, just a thought ... :)
Pearl Residences (NYCC, 35 Hollywood, Conservatory, 24s, E I Richmond)

Pearl

I look out onto the Conservatory site from my bedroom window. It is well under construction. The site has 5 buildings. Platinum and XO are finished and occupied as is the school. Building D is now under construction (the Pearl) which is now at ground level, and it will have a sister building (E) to the South fronting onto Spring Gardens. This will take away the soccer field from the school.

They have been surveying the Yonge St area and building C is scheduled to take up the whole block on Yonge St. I guess the little French / Italian restauant will have to go as well as a small park. I cannot confirm this, but I believe that the Yonge St building (c) will be the Cameo.

If anyone knows of misinformation in this post, please let me know.

Mau

Building E

While I do not have inside information, just looking at the original site plan and what is happening on the ground, it would seem that building E has not yet been started. It will have to encroach over the football field being used by the school.

It looks as if they are going with the original plans, but of course building E could be scrapped I guess.

The entrance to the underground parking to the school has been temporarily bricked up and I was told by one of the workmen at the site that this will be reopened when the entrance road to Building E is finished from Spring Gardens Avenue.

Pips ... with respect to the future (and final) tower fronting Yonge Street, there's a thread specifically for the proposed Building 'C' (aka Cameo Condominiums)

4917-4975 Yonge St @ Hollywood (NYCC, Conservatory, 34s, E I Richmond)

With regards to Building 'E', if I may clarify ...

Conservatory Group's original plan called for 5 towers on this site, while Platinum (Bldg 'A') and Platinum XO (Bldg 'B') was built, Pearl was approved with a larger footprint through consolidation of Bldgs 'C'+'D' ... therefore the school's soccer field was expanded (and is here to stay)

The 2nd map below illustrates the new parcel limits:
  • Land zoned RM6(107) = Bldg 'A+B', Platinum Towers + Platinum XO
  • Land zoned RM6(154) = Bldg 'D+E', Pearl Residences
  • Land zoned RM6(155) = Bldg 'C', Cameo Condominiums

Here's an earlier post explaining the history of Bldgs D+E that led up to Pearl Residences as we now know it ~

An older application from 2004 which formed the master plan to permit Conservatory Group's development of Platinum Tower, Platinum XO, and Pearl Residences, in addition to the (relatively) new Claude Watson School of Arts ... there is in fact a fourth tower which was approved by the OMB (implemented thru ZBL 459-2005) along the Yonge Street frontage which is to rise 34 storeys in the future, it would be interesting to see when this project comes to market, this final tower will complete the overall re-development of this block bounded by Yonge, Hollywood, Doris, & Spring Garden.

City Planning Request for Directions Report (prior to the OMB hearing) from October 2004 ... orginally the Yonge tower was proposed to be 35s, and Pearl Residences were proposed to be 2 towers of 24s each ... but the final OMB approved plan permited a 34s Yonge tower and consolidated Pearl to be one larger 24s building while enlarging the school property, thereby changing the overall plan from 5 towers + a school to 4 towers + a school

A recent inquiry with City Planning staff advises Conservatory Group has not taken any further steps to advance the Yonge St tower proposal any further ... when the time comes, a Site Plan Approval application will be necessary

Original Master Plan
Bldg 'A' = Platinum, Bldg 'B' = Platinum XO, Bldg 'C' = Yonge tower, Bldgs 'D'+'E' = Pearl
YongeHollywood_1.jpg

OMB Approved Plan
YongeHollywood_2.jpg

Thanks for update

Solaris,

Many thanks for the clarification. Seems even some of the workmen on site don't know all this.

Pips ... not a problem at all, my pleasure :)

I'm not suprised though that the construction crew on site doesn't know all this because all this information deals with the Development Planning process, which is probably deal with by Conservatory Group's head office staff or their planning consultant ~

Daily Commercial News

This project is progressing amazingly slow ... considering the fact sales starts sometime in early/mid 2007 ... must be painful for purchasers to see this ~

Pearl Condos in progress in North York, Ontario
October 1, 2009

110.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Construction is moving along on the Pearl Condos at 35 Hollywood Ave. in North York, Ont. The Conservatory Group began the 24-storey, 352-unit project, in fall 2008. It will include four levels of underground parking.

The project was designed by E.I. Richmond Architects.

Consultants are Rottman & Associates Ltd. (structural); and M.V Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical).

Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; CBM (concrete); Global Precast; Paramount (forming); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd.; Rite Air Mechanical; (ventilation); Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and Quest Window Systems Inc.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35541

Construction continues on Pearl condos in Toronto

100.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Conduit work continues on the Pearl condominium at 35 Hollywood Ave. in Toronto. The Conservatory Group began the 24-storey, 352-unit project in fall 2008. It will include four levels of underground parking.

The project was designed by E.I. Richmond Architects.

Consultants are Rottman & Associates Ltd. (structural); and M.V. Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical).

Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd.; CBM (concrete); Global Precast; Paramount (forming); Mayfair Electric Ltd.; D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd.; Rite Air Mechanical; (ventilation); Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and Quest Window Systems Inc.

I'm confused. Apparently two proposed buildings were merged to create the Pearl, but now the Conservatory Group is taking registrations for Pearl 2. Can someone explain this aparent contradiction?

Back