News   Apr 26, 2024
 47     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 133     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 562     0 

Parkside Village Block Nine (MCC, Amacon, 35+24+7s+Towns, Richmond Architects)

Updated render of the entire project...
Parkside_zpso5bylsjt.png

Which one is going to be the next phase? The "Avia" project

Which one is going to be the next phase? The "Avia" project
I expect the next phase call the Avia to be north of the The Grand Residences on Confederation as "Parkside Village: Block 11 (Amacon Development, 7s + 12s + 55s)".

I have already inquired about it, but no info is at hand yet and waiting info to be sent to me.

Back when they were built, their builder would not have expected these highrises to be built.

Ideally they'd allow areas like this to redevelop with higher densities. The best urban areas were built this way. Having said that I know that won't happen here.

The thing that annoys me most is not the lack of transition, but the fact that backyard fences are facing Burnhamthorpe in Downtown Mississauga.

The thing that annoys me most is not the lack of transition, but the fact that backyard fences are facing Burnhamthorpe in Downtown Mississauga.
I agree it's terrible urbanism, but who would want a front yard and driveway off of what is essentially a 6 lane highway? I don't think Mississauga will ever be able to achieve the urban experience older cities that weren't expressly designed for cars can provide.

I agree it's terrible urbanism, but who would want a front yard and driveway off of what is essentially a 6 lane highway? I don't think Mississauga will ever be able to achieve the urban experience older cities that weren't expressly designed for cars can provide.
I wouldn't be surprised that sometime in the not too distant future a developer will come along and buy-out the whole block; I'm sure the City of Mississauga wouldn't mind. It's already happening near Rathburn and Dixie and in the Streetsville area. MCC should be extended to Mavis to include everything between Burnhamthorpe and the 403.

I wouldn't be surprised that sometime in the not too distant future a developer will come along and buy-out the whole block; I'm sure the City of Mississauga wouldn't mind. It's already happening near Rathburn and Dixie and in the Streetsville area. MCC should be extended to Mavis to include everything between Burnhamthorpe and the 403.
You are looking at 20-40 year before that happens, as there is too much land to be develop now. You got all of OMERS land from the 403 to Burnhamthorpe, Morguard On Hurontario from Sq One Dr to Burnhamthorpe, land south of Burnhamthorpe.

The city is great for talking tall buildings public and when someone does, as well increase in density, they are taken behind close doors and told they can't do what they want to do.

The south side of Burnhamthorpe west of Grand Park Dr was to slope from 15s to 40s to Duke of York and slope back down toward Hurontario. I said years ago that was wrong since taller building are going to happen west of Grand Park in the next few decades, That was before M City came to life.

Hazel told the local residents years ago when they bitch about Amacon development to either live with it or move out of the city.

Downtown 21 will never get off the ground as long as OMERS call the shots for their land. They are the white elephant for MCC.

What annoys me most is the lack of any office development in the City Centre save for some small-scale offices in the podiums of condos and, I suppose, the college campus. When was the last office building built in MCC? There have been plenty of office buildings built in Mississauga - near the airport, Hurontario corridor north of Eglinton, Meadowvale area - but all the City Centre gets are residential developments.

What annoys me most is the lack of any office development in the City Centre save for some small-scale offices in the podiums of condos and, I suppose, the college campus. When was the last office building built in MCC? There have been plenty of office buildings built in Mississauga - near the airport, Hurontario corridor north of Eglinton, Meadowvale area - but all the City Centre gets are residential developments.
It's cheaper to build elsewhere where there is (free) land for surface parking lots than building underground spots. $5,000 vs $40,000 per spot. It's part of the price the buyer of the land has to pay for in the first place.

Everything from my point of view on City Centre Dr for office space needs to be torn down and rebuilt with underground parking and closer to the street edge, as well being taller. There is few building that meets some of this requirement. This is one issue that council has with the current area is the lack of office space.

I don't see office demand for this area for at least 20 years, unless something changes soon.

I've never seen any examples in Mississauga where houses with backyards facing a main road were redeveloped with a new building oriented towards a main street. Do you know specifically where I can find those examples?

I've never seen any examples in Mississauga where houses with backyards facing a main road were redeveloped with a new building oriented towards a main street. Do you know specifically where I can find those examples?
Nor have I but developers have been buying out whole "inner" blocks (with single family homes) and building stacked townhouses. I would think that the aforementioned MCC block is ripe for redevelopment even if it is 20-40 years out.

You are looking at 20-40 year before that happens, as there is too much land to be develop now. You got all of OMERS land from the 403 to Burnhamthorpe, Morguard On Hurontario from Sq One Dr to Burnhamthorpe, land south of Burnhamthorpe.

The city is great for talking tall buildings public and when someone does, as well increase in density, they are taken behind close doors and told they can't do what they want to do.

The south side of Burnhamthorpe west of Grand Park Dr was to slope from 15s to 40s to Duke of York and slope back down toward Hurontario. I said years ago that was wrong since taller building are going to happen west of Grand Park in the next few decades, That was before M City came to life.

Hazel told the local residents years ago when they bitch about Amacon development to either live with it or move out of the city.

Downtown 21 will never get off the ground as long as OMERS call the shots for their land. They are the white elephant for MCC.

OMERS should build an office/condo/hotel/convention centre on their property i.e. where Walmart currently sits. MCC also needs a Massey Hall type venue, LAC does not cut it - too sterile.

Back