News   Apr 26, 2024
 312     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 294     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 485     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

i wonder what's gonna happen to that run down plaza where king's way condo sales center used to be...

905-based developer received OMB approval for a slab-a-rific condo on the site a few years ago. Apparently it did not fare well in two attempts at marketing. There's still a sales centre and "coming soon" rendering in the plaza. All but two stores are closed/vacant. I think the parking lot gets lots of use by area residents.

Yes. I remember visiting the '2nd' attempt at marketing a condo on this site. The floor plans were terrible. It is such a good site, it is a shame the developer could not be more creative. I view it as an area more for those leaving their large homes in the area. Hence, the plans should have reflected that. Instead, the majority of the designs were smallish, more for the downtown market. Hopefully someone will come in and do it right. The area has great transportation - a bus to Runnymede subway runs every 20 minutes, and it is but a 10-minute ride. Access to downtown via the Gardiner/Lakeshore is easy as well. High Park, and the Lakeshore Trails are all within walking distance. A mini big-box centre is just down the Queensway, with a newer Sobeys. Bloor West Village is nearby. HOW can this development not succeed?

Yes. I remember visiting the '2nd' attempt at marketing a condo on this site. The floor plans were terrible. It is such a good site, it is a shame the developer could not be more creative. I view it as an area more for those leaving their large homes in the area. Hence, the plans should have reflected that. Instead, the majority of the designs were smallish, more for the downtown market. Hopefully someone will come in and do it right. The area has great transportation - a bus to Runnymede subway runs every 20 minutes, and it is but a 10-minute ride. Access to downtown via the Gardiner/Lakeshore is easy as well. High Park, and the Lakeshore Trails are all within walking distance. A mini big-box centre is just down the Queensway, with a newer Sobeys. Bloor West Village is nearby. HOW can this development not succeed?

don't forget the famous cheese boutique behind the site... :) that would be a perfect for Tridel... they could probably fit like three towers with a huge podium... :)

don't forget the famous cheese boutique behind the site... :) that would be a perfect for Tridel... they could probably fit like three towers with a huge podium... :)

Kind of a mystery why Tridel hasn't jumped on the opportunity to work on a site that neighbours one of their existing, successful developments, especially when they're still working in the neighbourhood (at Bloor/South Kingsway).

Is there a thread for the aborted project? Was it called "King's Way"?

Tridel would do wonders for this site. I believe it is 'The Georgian Group' who own and wish to develop the land. They have not been successful.

http://www.georgiancorporation.com/

Judging from Georgian Group's website ... they are only a grade dwelling type developer with no experience in high rise ... which explains their success rate on 'The Pointe / The Kingsway' project

back on the park lake - one of my curious questions is, where are cars going to park? i haven't seen the plans but since this wasn't excavated, leads me to believe the sales centre property will become parking?? not a lot of space really.

my gut thinking is that the sheraton next door will eventually be expanded but not for some time.

oh someone questioned the lake smell - that's the filtration plant you smell on hot days north of queensway on the humber. depending on which way the wind blows, it can be nasty. but yes, efforts are underway to scrub the stink leaving the plant ...

as for nearby retail, a point already covered - convenience store at windermere/queensway, sobey's plaza further west on queensway + hodge podge of retail services / restaurants, etc on the other side of the humber bridge along the humber bay condo strip. i suspect more retail will appear with time....

back on the park lake - one of my curious questions is, where are cars going to park? i haven't seen the plans but since this wasn't excavated, leads me to believe the sales centre property will become parking?? not a lot of space really.

my gut thinking is that the sheraton next door will eventually be expanded but not for some time.

oh someone questioned the lake smell - that's the filtration plant you smell on hot days north of queensway on the humber. depending on which way the wind blows, it can be nasty. but yes, efforts are underway to scrub the stink leaving the plant ...

as for nearby retail, a point already covered - convenience store at windermere/queensway, sobey's plaza further west on queensway + hodge podge of retail services / restaurants, etc on the other side of the humber bridge along the humber bay condo strip. i suspect more retail will appear with time....

I believe there will be an above ground parking under the 2 buildings.........

I believe Park Lake towers are not being built on the sales office property, it is being built across the street on the west side of Ellis Avenue ...

and if I recall correctly ... plans for this building's parking is 2 levels underground and 3 levels above grade parking garage ... a single loaded corridor with condo units will wrap around the south facade hiding the garage from view call 'Lakeview Gallery Suites' on the website

http://www.pembertongroup.com/?core=all_communities&area=toronto&location=park_lake&info=suites4

Not sure exactly - does anyone have the planning document? It will state it there.

There is a rendering here so you can judge for yourself. Seems to be a decent void.

Back