News   Jul 08, 2024
 32     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

17 July 2008 photo update:

(From High Park)

DSC09176.jpg

You know, I was exploring the south Swansea 'hood and if I were buying a new condo, I'd chose NXT over Park Lake for the following reasons:
!)NXT has better architecture
!!)NXT is on the right side of the Gardiner--High Park is more useful than the lakeside, especially with all the suburbanites that ruin the waterfront trail on weekends.
!!!)The TTC (streetcar) stops at your door. You feel more attached to the city; where as Park Lake is more suburban, car oriented.

But, with cheap rental apartments on Coehill Drive why even buy a condo in the first place?

Could the CofT make a crap load of money selling this "vacant" land to developers?---10 story Peter Clewes streetwall here, along the streetcar route! Oops....makes too much sense!!!

I think NXT sales centre is gonna go highrise, so north view from Park Lake is shot....

The City wants to maintain views of the lake from Colborne Lodge and other high points in High Park. It had something to do with the city's heritage I seem to recall. The land south of High Park along the Queensway is likely never to be sold off.

want to sale

i have booked a condo on east tower phase II park lake and it sone bedroom the Ontario lay out..on 10th floor can i sale it before occupancy? thx..

you can't re-sale Agreements of Purchase & Sale until the condo closing ... or your agent can try reselling it (without listing on MLS) and you'll have to be a 'reassignment fee' to the builder to change names on the APS (if Pemberton allows you to)

That's the 1937 Joy Oil Gas Station, a heritage structure moved not so long ago from one side of Lake Shore Blvd to the other.

The ones at 1947 Bloor St. W, 985 Danforth Ave., 575 Lake Shore Blvd W., 1654 Queen St. E., and 429 Roncesvalles (which were all on the Inventory of Heritage Properties) are all demolished. This little thing is a survivor. Does anyone know what will move into it?

i almost bought a place here but livin' next to the highway is not right for me...
i agree that NXT is a better lookin' site but wouldn't parklake condos obstruct it's city view?...
hopefully they'll move that little 'project' on the northeast side of windermere/queensway to somewhere else... got a friend in the old tridel building behind the petro station and she said they cause quite a bit of problems at night...

i wonder what's gonna happen to that run down plaza where king's way condo sales center used to be...

i almost bought a place here but livin' next to the highway is not right for me...
i agree that NXT is a better lookin' site but wouldn't parklake condos obstruct it's city view?...
hopefully they'll move that little 'project' on the northeast side of windermere/queensway to somewhere else... got a friend in the old tridel building behind the petro station and she said they cause quite a bit of problems at night...

i wonder what's gonna happen to that run down plaza where king's way condo sales center used to be...

This development is inches from touching the south side of the Gardiner Expy.How was that approved.

hopefully nothin' like that Sunday's accident on Yonge and 401 won't happen again... Every time I pass by Sheraton on Gardiner I think of a truck flying into it or somethin'... it's scary...
plus carbon monoxide during rush hour is not something you wanna breath in while watching Seinfeld...;)

Does anyone know what will move into it?

It is my understanding that it will be used as a food/washroom/info facility run by the City, with a possibility of contracting out the food service. I did hear a rumor that the food establishment directly beside it will be transfered here and then torn down.

Back