News   Jul 08, 2024
 36     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2K     13 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Jason, which floor of the Nipigon did you get? I'm also interested, too bad the west tower is sold out, better views of the lake

Forget the lake, the prime views are of the city! In any case, Jason, I wouldn't worry about any garbage-chute-troubles as I lived right outside one in university residence. I didn't notice any peculiar smells or activities beyond what can be expected of a garbage chute so I wouldn't worry too much.

Otherwise, congratulations on your purchase!

Also, anyone know if there are convenience stores within walking distance (or any stores at all in walking distance for that matter)?

If you walk over to Windermere, and then under the Gardiner you will find a cnvenience store at the northwest corner of Windermere and the Queensway. There's another one a block west at the PetroCanada.

With Windermere-by-the-Lake and NXT going in, as well as your complex, one would think there's more retail coming to serve all of you a bit better.

And surely the 4 Points Hotel next door to you will have vending machines in the lobby?

I purchased a Nipigon suite, west tower/east facing, 14th floor in April 2007. Would appreciate some comments on the following:

1/ Will the traffic noise grom the Gardiner be bothersome?
2/ Expected occupancy June 2009 - is this realistic?
3/ Will the smell of the lake seep into the units? At what times of year is the smell the worst?
4/ What do you think of the resale value of this property?
5/ Keyless entry - does this mean passcards?
6/ They recently announced lakeview gallery suites? where are these located?

Thanks

Ankit

I purchased a Nipigon suite, west tower/east facing, 14th floor in April 2007. Would appreciate some comments on the following:

1/ Will the traffic noise grom the Gardiner be bothersome?
2/ Expected occupancy June 2009 - is this realistic?
3/ Will the smell of the lake seep into the units? At what times of year is the smell the worst?
4/ What do you think of the resale value of this property?
5/ Keyless entry - does this mean passcards?
6/ They recently announced lakeview gallery suites? where are these located?

1) You're on the 14th Floor, I doubt this will be a problem. Plus the Gardiner is always busy so your ears will get acclimatized
2) Expected occupancy given as fall of 2009 (From builders website)
3) I think the smell from the lake is west of this area; closer to Palace Pier.
4) I think the location is great, close to the lake, right beside the largest and best park in toronto (High Park). Plus no chance of any other building blocking your view in the future as all other surrounding areas are off limits to development. I think resale value will be great, plus the price per square ft is reasonable for a lakeside development, which bodes well for your investment. Compare the prices at the NXT and you will see what I mean.
5) Yes
6) Ground to 4th Floor at the front of the podium.

I'm curious to know why u chose the Nipigon though, the Couchicing looks like a better deal (end unit, lower price/sq.ft, view of both lake and high park. i know it is the unit right next to the Gardiner, but the Nipigon is the very next unit beside, from the 14th floor I doubt the noise will be any different for either unit).

My very long 2cents.

1) You're on the 14th Floor, I doubt this will be a problem. Plus the Gardiner is always busy so your ears will get acclimatized
2) Expected occupancy given as fall of 2009 (From builders website)
3) I think the smell from the lake is west of this area; closer to Palace Pier.
4) I think the location is great, close to the lake, right beside the largest and best park in toronto (High Park). Plus no chance of any other building blocking your view in the future as all other surrounding areas are off limits to development. I think resale value will be great, plus the price per square ft is reasonable for a lakeside development, which bodes well for your investment. Compare the prices at the NXT and you will see what I mean.
5) Yes
6) Ground to 4th Floor at the front of the podium.

I'm curious to know why u chose the Nipigon though, the Couchicing looks like a better deal (end unit, lower price/sq.ft, view of both lake and high park. i know it is the unit right next to the Gardiner, but the Nipigon is the very next unit beside, from the 14th floor I doubt the noise will be any different for either unit).

My very long 2cents.

Thanks alot Ric for the in-depth responses. I believe the Couchicing was out of our price range and that's why we went with the Nipigon. Have you also bought at parklake?

:(
Thanks alot Ric for the in-depth responses. I believe the Couchicing was out of our price range and that's why we went with the Nipigon. Have you also bought at parklake?

No, but my friend purchased on the 15th floor (east building); So I have some vested interest. I do believe you made a good choice. The area is fabulous. I just love High Park (not very dog friendly though). :(

Pics

Can someone provide some updated pictures on this project...Please :D

Taken yesterday

Not much to see, just a storey to two above ground.

2657732991_e3ea4b5bec_o.jpg

Looks like they're working on the 2nd level of the west tower and the ground level of the east tower.

I'd like to see more infill along this stretch of Lakeshore. It feels desolate and isolated.

I can't see it happening anywhere other than the lot to the west of the Four Points, which isn't parkland anyway. The City will want to preserve the Gardiner's 'ceremonial' parkland nature of the entrance to downtown.

I can't see it happening anywhere other than the lot to the west of the Four Points, which isn't parkland anyway. The City will want to preserve the Gardiner's 'ceremonial' parkland nature of the entrance to downtown.

I dont understand, years ago they demolished the Seaway Tower hotel to open up the waterfront parkland to people.Now they are buiding a couple mediocre looking buildings in the same exact area. Thats not good planning.
elken_seatower11.jpg

Actually, the didn't demolish Seaway Towers to open up parkland, they expropriated it on behalf of the Gardiner/Lakeshore Humber-crossing reconfiguration...

Back