News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.9K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 683     0 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Thanks for the input Cat. I agree, each unit will have a greta view of the lake.

What about the NXT? Would this be a better choice than Parklake? They are next door to each other, but I think the price/sq. ft is lower on the Pemberton project.

There's a thread for NXT, which this isn't. Your questions are better suited for the Real Estate subforum anyway.

Will the views be good in the units facing the opposing building?

I just bought one of the units in the east building and it faces west so it will be facing the west building that is directly across from it.

The sales people claim that the buildings are angled so that instead of looking into the building across from you, you get a view of the lake.

Will this be the case?

The 3D model in the sales center doesn't show that there is much of an angle to the buildings. The buildings are shown to be pretty far apart in the artists drawings (e.g. in the ads) but the actual construction site isn't too big so maybe they are going to be really close to each other.

Do you think I will have a good view or be facing right into another building?

the buildings are pretty much facing each other. Prepare yourself for the prospect of looking at another building.

Why on earth would you buy a unit looking directly into another building if this is even a remote concern for you?

Jason,

Every unit in both buildings will have a view of the lake. Units on the west side of the west building and east facing on east building will have the best views. You should however decide weather this is worth the 30-50K premium. All the inside units that face each other are angled, so you will have good enough views of the lake.

What unit did you purchase?

Here's the view that will be blocked, taken Sunday, 15th June 2008

mid-morning:

DSC06558.jpg

Another battle of the tower cranes... Bad news for residents facing south east in the Windermere building.

This is as low as they go. No real excavation here.

Urbandreamer,

You have 'quick trigger' fingers; snapping up parklake, windermere and NXT in quick succession. I hope you didn't cause a pile-up on the Gardener yesterday.

Great photos Casaguy. Ironic, I was standing at the same spot yesterday where you took the first pic. Took a tour of the entire area yesterday: Mystic point, lakeshore, Colborne lodge, High Park. Great area, absolutely beautiful; everyone was out.

It's actually a great location. Steps to the lake, bike path and the best park in the city. (Zero retail though).

And your in-laws can stay at the motel right next door.

Also, I forgot to mention that the city did a terrific job of re-doing the Queensway streetscaping on the other side of the Gardiner.

Jason,

Every unit in both buildings will have a view of the lake. Units on the west side of the west building and east facing on east building will have the best views. You should however decide weather this is worth the 30-50K premium. All the inside units that face each other are angled, so you will have good enough views of the lake.

What unit did you purchase?

I got one of the Nipigon units in the east building, facing west (so facing towards the west building). The Nipigon units are the ones that are not the North most corner unit but the unit just to the south of it / one unit over.

The Nipigon's have the garbage shute right outside their unit which sucks, but we got it anyway because I'm sure there won't be any noise or smell from it.

Anyone else have any opinions about the whether the units facing towards the opposing building (i.e. units in the west building facing east and units in the east building facing west) will be looking right into the other building or whether, as the sales reps claim, they will have a south view because the buildings are slightly angled out?

Also, anyone know if there are convenience stores within walking distance (or any stores at all in walking distance for that matter)?

Jason, which floor of the Nipigon did you get? I'm also interested, too bad the west tower is sold out, better views of the lake

Back