News   Jul 08, 2024
 133     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 323     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 704     0 

Park Lake Residences Condos (Pemberton Group) - Real Estate -

Hey guys,

Just an update, I called Sandra at Pemberton today to get some details on the delays and expected move-in date. She said that the move in dates are fixed and we should not be expecting another delay. She actually mentioned that they can only delay for 10 more days by law, so at last we should have some comfort that we'll (most of us) be moved in by the summer :).

Ankit

Does anyone know about the nearest basic AMENITIES to the Park Lake Residences, including:

-A grocery store
-A convenience store
-A video store
-A dry cleaner
-A coffee shop
-Restaurants

Thanks for any info.

Jason.

Anyone planning to take the TTC from the Park Lake Residences to downtown Toronto?

My understanding is that the best option is to go to the Queensway and take the Queen Street Streetcar (the 501) east all the way to downtown Toronto. This runs 24 hours (and every 6-8 minutes during rushour).

During the morning and evening rushour periods only (running to 5:49pm at the latest), there will be a streetcar that goes east down the Queensway also but it is the King streetcar (the 508) that splits off to King Street instead of Queen street (when you get to the point on the Queensway heading east where the Queensway splits into Queen and King).

There are also some options to take buses from the condo area that go North to the Bloor subway line:
-The 77 Swanseh bus from Cohill&Queensway to Runnymede subway
-An Elis & Lakeshore bus (the Queensway 80) that goes east to Keele station

Anyone have any other info.?

It would be the Sobeys plaza 2 minutes west on The Queensway. This plaza has all you mentioned minus a good restaurant. That could be found another 5 minutes west on The Queensway or even better would be Bloor West Village. Nothing too good on foot, there is Rocco's and Eden in walking distance. Walk to the water and over the humber bridge, in that community lies 2 good restaurants.

In March there might be a new development directly South of ParkLake where Royal Burger currently sits.

Not to worry Josef, you are not talking to yourself... I assure you. I think a lot of people benefit from the posts but do not reply for different reasons (shy, not members, not sure they have something to add... whatever...).
I am not alone I am sure when I say this is all very helpful. For starters, if they are installing doors, I better hurry up and get my butt over there to view the different views from different floors ;)
That is of course presuming one does not enter the condos from the windows LOOOOL

Last edited:
I'm checking this site at least 3-4 times a week.
And very appreciative of all the info I'm leeching off guys like you, Josef.
I'm a total newb when it comes to real estate and absolutely everything associated with it!

Amen to that Josef!!

This community is coming along very nicely and I look forward to all that comes along with it. We will all be apart of bringing the focus back to SunnySide as it once was the pearl of T.O.

Tough decisions each day for those that live at PL/WBTL/ and NXT:

Should I walk 3 minutes to the East and sit at Colbourne Lodge and feel like I'm 2 Hours North in the Muskokies?

Rent a Canoe and cruise down the Humber River? Maybe drop a line for some Trout?

Or Walk 2 minutes South to the Beach and feel as though I spent 2 hours on a plane fying South?

Maybe I should just head 5 minutes North to Bloor West Village and feel the European Love with all the Deli's, Bakeries, and great Coffee Shops?

The tough decisions go on and on, but we are all adults and I'm sure we will figure it out. I just hope we don't forget about how the structure may seem a little dated with all these decisions to make. :cool:

Lol!! Of Course you cant forget about The Cheese Boutique!!!!

Don't forget about Rocco's Patio either which is near Eden, you dont want to miss out on one of their cold drafts on a summer day before you cross back over the Humber Bridge to head home or to Hang at Sheldons Lookout during the Air Show.

Where should I park for that? Oh yea!! I can leave my car at home. Maybe go shoot some hoops on the shores that they are about to build!! We need to let them complete the upgrades to the pool beside Sunnyside before they put the B-Ball courts in. Oh well. I will just go play some V-Ball at SunnySide instead.

Like I said the tough decisions keep rolling!! Careful you dont forget about the topping of your building though!!

Hey, I'm not going to complain considering we paid a pretty decent price for our suites and all three buildings (PL, WBTL, NXT) certainly dress the area. Yeah, the glass on top isn't the best of choice, but who cares
at the end of the day. It's about the view, location and having great neighbours :)

Well certainly the area is developing nicely. My only complaint is not of one building itself, its the fluidity of the neighbouthood. The area and architecture seems to lack a cohesive flow. I don't think the building is anything special but it does serve its purpose. But to further address your comment, I do think curb appeal is important to real estate appreciation. Thats like saying you bought a house only for the area and its neigbours. I do think it is extremely important along with the rest of the factors that you mentioned

I overheard a real estate agent in an elevator at casa asking the client if he would like to see a unit in BSN. He adamently said no its an ugly building. I think you can't discount curb appeal becuase it can be quite a selling factor as well.

I think that they could have used better materials, but then the units would be more expensive.

Then the building wouldn't have been as desirable to you probably

Hi Everyone,

Starting to get excited as the construction of this condo is finally getting close to an end. I've purchased the ontario model which does not come with a parking space. I was wondering if anyone here has a parking that they will not be using and would like to either sell or rent?

I'm not sure if the best thing is to wait until the move in date to start looking for a parking or how to go with it. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Pegah

Back