Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Was just downstairs and at 1030PM the gym door is unlocked yet again without requiring the keyfob........

Also seems like the left elevator isn't working again.

When is the meeting ?

Friday, July 26 at Petrescue Hall (1399 Cawthra Road) @ 8:00 p.m. If you want to run you have to fill out a form they provided.

Was just downstairs and at 1030PM the gym door is unlocked yet again without requiring the keyfob........

Also seems like the left elevator isn't working again.

I saw the door lock company hooking wires up to the main door fob reader yesterday....must have done something

yeah, 23C is the lowest I've seen it as well. I do like it cooler, but I guess 23C is good for a workout - I wont complain.
Cool air continues to come out while it's @ 23C, so I'm not sure if it's struggling to go lower than 23C or not. Guess we'll see in the next few days as it cools down. I'm happy as long as it's capable of maintaining 23C.

The AC was running at a steady 20C yesterday evening. So I guess it is capable of cooling more, it just struggles a bit when there are a lot of bodies inside and hot temps outside.

I don't know why its so difficult for them to program the keyfob properly. We have the same type of system at my work and a couple of people have a program for it on their computer in which they can program the doors and give access to people.

haha one of us 3 need to be on the board - we all seem to be on the same page.

I will start handing out flyers and pins as a launch for my election campaign. haha
I'm out of the country for 2 weeks starting that weekend so I'm not sure I'll have time. Will show up if I can.

Oh, and I've been throwing out those flyers that Bell asshole keeps leaving in our lobby. I hope I run into him in our lobby one of these days. If anyone sees him, please tell him to F off.

Last edited:
I think its completely unacceptable for there to be one working elevator the majority of the time. This is a 180 unit building, its not that small.

I don't know why its so difficult for them to program the keyfob properly. We have the same type of system at my work and a couple of people have a program for it on their computer in which they can program the doors and give access to people.

Yeah, it seems like it shouldn't be a hard thing to do. But oh well, at least we can use the gym anytime for now :D. Speaking of which, I just used the gym and ya, stuck at 23 celsius. Even when it was set to 20, and the fan set to ON, nothing was happening. Got stuffy pretty quick. It MUST be locked at 23 because the fan is set to ON, so at least that should run ... but it doesn't.

I had a problem with my Nest thermostat not working properly, turns out the contractor used a 4 wire cable to the thermostat instead of a 5 wire cable which most modern thermostats need (the 5th wire is Common, or power). Now I have to fix it to just to change the cable...Don't know why they didn't just use the modern 5 cable one (even though the thermostat that we got only needs 4 wires because it has a battery).

I think its completely unacceptable for there to be one working elevator the majority of the time. This is a 180 unit building, its not that small.

I think the other one is just broken.. I haven't seen it for over a month. I dunno when the strike is going to be over, but even when it ends, there is probably a HUGE backlog of work and it may take a while. I think some workers were forced back to work in the GTA, but the priority is buildings with 1 elevator, seniors buildings, high-rises etc. I don't find the one elevator thing too bad the moment...never have to wait more than a minute or so.

Yeah, it seems like it shouldn't be a hard thing to do. But oh well, at least we can use the gym anytime for now :D. Speaking of which, I just used the gym and ya, stuck at 23 celsius. Even when it was set to 20, and the fan set to ON, nothing was happening. Got stuffy pretty quick. It MUST be locked at 23 because the fan is set to ON, so at least that should run ... but it doesn't.

I think the other one is just broken.. I haven't seen it for over a month. I dunno when the strike is going to be over, but even when it ends, there is probably a HUGE backlog of work and it may take a while. I think some workers were forced back to work in the GTA, but the priority is buildings with 1 elevator, seniors buildings, high-rises etc. I don't find the one elevator thing too bad the moment...never have to wait more than a minute or so.

It was set to 20 last night, and the temp inside was 20... so I have no idea.
and yeah, i haven't seen the left elevator in weeks. maybe it just starts up whenever it feels like it. dont think it's been fixed.

I used the left one earlier this week, so it does seem to run sometimes. Maybe buddy has the thing locked or something and turns it on when he feels like it.

What problems are you having with your nest mine works fine?
They had a jumper as the fifth wire according to the manual it isn't needed!

What problems are you having with your nest mine works fine?
They had a jumper as the fifth wire according to the manual it isn't needed!

The Nest draws it's power from the Y1 (cooling) or W1 (heating) wire, so it only charges when the compressor/heat is on. The problem with is the Nest isn't getting enough power from the cooling wire, so the fan constantly shuts off (while the compressor remains on). Takes 2x as long to cool my place down as the fan is only running 1/2 the time.

I need a Common/C wire for power, and as they didn't run one, I was screwed. I was going to run a new wire as it's a short run, but the wire wasn't budging and seemed snagged in bulkhead somewhere. I found an 'Add-a-Wire' kit that basically let you add a wire at each end (shares a wire during the run) while apparently works perfect and is easy to install.

I could have used the G wire (fan) as the C wire (common), and then used a jumper at the HVAC to power the fan, but I would lose the manual fan settings and it would only work when heating/cooling was on. One of the things I like about the Nest is how it runs the fan for a few minutes after reaching its temperature, to use the heat/cold still left in the system.

Do you have the V1 Nest or V2? If you go to their support forums, tons of people have the same problem with the V2 model so maybe that's why yours works?? Or maybe you got lucky (or I got unlucky)

Last edited:
I have v2 it could be when you did the setup and not the install.did u set it up as a gas furnace ? Also I have Y1 as cool (yellow) and W1 as heat (white) , Rc is red for power and G is the green for the fan.

Last edited:
I have v2 it could be when you did the setup and not the install.did u set it up as a gas furnace ? Also I have Y1 as cool (yellow) and W1 as heat (white) , Rc is red for power and G is the green for the fan.

Oops, ya I have the same wires as you (Rc for power/W1 for heat).

And yea I have it setup for gas forced air for heat. The heating works 100% fine though - the fan remains on. It's just the cooling that the fan cycles on/off over and ov

I was on the phone with Nest for over an hour trying to troubleshoot, and apparently the voltage drops until the fan turns off. They said try the C wire thing for more power so hopefully that works!

Last edited:

Back