Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

It's decent enough, but it really should be a bit larger, the brochure photos made it look a lot bigger then it ended up being, that's for sure. There was nobody in there when I used it.
It has cardio equipment, some dumbbells and the large multi purpose machine to use, so its good enough for most people.

Another rack with a few longer curling bars would be good. There is also only one bench to use with the dumbbells. There isn't a ton of room in there for an actual bench press really. I think instead of the two walls with mirrors on them, one would be enough and would allow a bit more room. I didn't know there was a public bathroom downstairs near the lobby, too bad they built that, should have extended the gym into there.
I kind of wish they just skipped the party room and had two sides to the gym.

Last edited:
It's decent enough, but it really should be a bit larger, the brochure photos made it look a lot bigger then it ended up being, that's for sure. There was nobody in there when I used it.
It has cardio equipment, some dumbbells and the large multi purpose machine to use, so its good enough for most people.

Another rack with a few longer curling bars would be good. There is also only one bench to use with the dumbbells. There isn't a ton of room in there for an actual bench press really. I think instead of the two walls with mirrors on them, one would be enough and would allow a bit more room. I didn't know there was a public bathroom downstairs near the lobby, too bad they built that, should have extended the gym into there.
I kind of wish they just skipped the party room and had two sides to the gym.

I like the idea of a party room, but having it on the main floor in front of the main entrance is slightly stupid.

My complaints of the week:

1) garage smelled like garbage all weekend - still does this morning.
2) people leaving their garbage in the hallway directly outside their door all weekend... even if their unit is only meters away from the garbage chute room. this is a common area - show some respect.
3) solicitors in the building. if you get the opportunity, please do NOT let these people in our building, or ask them to leave if you see them. I was in my unit friday when I heard noise at my front door. The Bell guy was shoving flyers through (the oversized) crack in my door. i opened the door and let him know my thoughts. these guys shouldn't be in our building. i dont care how good your deal is, we have a front door buzzer and (will have) mailboxes for a reason. I dont want junk mail inside my unit.
4) cleaners - im not sure how often these guys should be coming around, but there is been small pieces of litter in my hallway all week. at least 5 days have passed and i've seen the same 3 or 4 pieces of litter on the ground. i typically would pick them up (although they're not mine), but i would like to see how long it takes before someone who is supposed to clean it actually cleans it up.

My complaints of the week:

1) garage smelled like garbage all weekend - still does this morning.
2) people leaving their garbage in the hallway directly outside their door all weekend... even if their unit is only meters away from the garbage chute room. this is a common area - show some respect.
3) solicitors in the building. if you get the opportunity, please do NOT let these people in our building, or ask them to leave if you see them. I was in my unit friday when I heard noise at my front door. The Bell guy was shoving flyers through (the oversized) crack in my door. i opened the door and let him know my thoughts. these guys shouldn't be in our building. i dont care how good your deal is, we have a front door buzzer and (will have) mailboxes for a reason. I dont want junk mail inside my unit.
4) cleaners - im not sure how often these guys should be coming around, but there is been small pieces of litter in my hallway all week. at least 5 days have passed and i've seen the same 3 or 4 pieces of litter on the ground. i typically would pick them up (although they're not mine), but i would like to see how long it takes before someone who is supposed to clean it actually cleans it up.

I think the problem with the garbage is it's not properly maintained/emptied and the doors are propped open. I think there is an exhaust fan inside the rooms but it's not strong enough I guess.

As for people making a mess - get used to it. Soon all the gym equipment will be broken, patio chairs will be missing/broken, random things will be broken etc.

As for solicitors, nothing you can really do. If they want to get into the building, they will. Even if we had a security guard, they would have no trouble getting in. Annoying yes..

Cleaner, I think they're weekdays and the occasional Saturday. As for the job they're doing - meh. I think we have to keep Skywater for a year and then we can decide whether to dump them or chose another?

I like the idea of a party room, but having it on the main floor in front of the main entrance is slightly stupid.

I like the party room too. Not like I'm ever going to use it, but it will (hopefully) stop people from packing their families/friends into their units and making noise. I think it's near the front door because it's the farthest away from any units and will cut down on noise. The bathroom placement is weird but I guess it's for the cleaners. Couldn't put it in the party room incase it's in use - no one wants a janitor to walk through their party haha

I think the gym right by the front entrance is really weird as well, I don't really like working out with people staring inside from the outside. At least it has curtains. The swipe card wasn't working on it all weekend, quite easy for someone to just walk through our front door which is always wide open and unload a bunch of fitness equipment into their waiting truck.

Yeah, slobs are already leaving their crap in the hallways. Drinking cups by the elevator from the outdoor patio on the weekend, lemon slices inside the outdoor room.

I actually told the Bell guy to get out if he doesn't live here or I was calling the police lol. Don't think we need a bunch of advertisements in the main lobby, looks like crap.

Some people finally moved in beside me. I can hear them talking and the tv on. They weren't being loud and its still easy to hear talking, sound proofing definately isn't great.

Last edited:
Check out the assholes on my floor:

IMG_20130603_112305.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130603_112305.jpg
    IMG_20130603_112305.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 262
Wow, that is a lot of boxes. The majority does look to be broken down, though. Blocking the entire garbage chute though.. geez.
What's in the bag? Garbage or recycling?

Last edited:
As for people making a mess - get used to it. Soon all the gym equipment will be broken, patio chairs will be missing/broken, random things will be broken etc.

yeah I dunno. If I have guests over and they have to walk by garbage bags in front of people's doors it may warrant a knock on the door from me. No excuse for not disposing of your own garbage when the chute is pretty much across the hall. embarrassing.

Didn't even look at the bag so I don't know what's in it. I'm guessing all this is from one unit that just moved in. MOST people would realize they have too many boxes and bring them down to the garage garbage room or at the very least the outdoor garbage area. But I guess it's easier to just throw everything in there, blocking everyone from throwing their garbage out and leave it to Victor and the cleaning lady to have to bring all these boxes down by themselves. :mad:

BTW just checked out the gym - not bad. 'Good enough' haha with more than 3 people it will be packed, hopefully it's open 24/7 so not everyone is crowding it.

It's super stuffy/hot in there though. I put the air on but it didn't seem to be working. Also the main TV is comically small (32"?).

I agree though, they need a water machine and wet wipes/paper towels.

BTW just checked out the gym - not bad. 'Good enough' haha with more than 3 people it will be packed, hopefully it's open 24/7 so not everyone is crowding it.

It's super stuffy/hot in there though. I put the air on but it didn't seem to be working. Also the main TV is comically small (32"?).

I agree though, they need a water machine and wet wipes/paper towels.

haha yeah, i did a workout on sat. small and hot. AC sort of works... just cant seem to keep up.
and yes, open 24/7.

What's with the tape in the elevators still? Did they not install the button control panel properly?

Elevator guys are still on strike so they haven't finished the troubleshooting yet I guess. Just pray they don't break because they won't be fixed.

Back