Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

The firedoor on my side is super loud, constantly hearing people going in and out. Would be nice if they closed automatically with the sprinklers activating and were just left open the rest of the time.

Do you notice the AC vent in your unit is kind of loud? I can't hear it at all from the one in my den, but the bedroom and living room ones really blow the air. I can feel it out of the den vent, but it makes no noise at all.

Firedoor is crazy loud. It slams shut and since there is no handle on the back sides of the doors, people can't close them quietly even if they wanted to. Even the pushbar is loud and echoes through the hall.

No noise from my vents. Try tightening them while they're running and see if it helps?

Well, it kind of sucks if we have to have an electric baseboard heater running 24/7 all winter because they decided to locate these things outdoors. Those things aren't cheap to run. They never mentioned anything about this previously.

It's not really the outer vent making the noise, but the actual humming coming from inside.
You can definitely hear mine going when trying to sleep. I may mention it, but can't see them fixing anything.

While they are repaving the sidewalk at the entrance, they should stick more asphalt on the areas of the parking lot where the huge puddles keep forming.

We should have an urban toronto get together in the party room one day.. lol

Last edited:
If we left the baseboard heater off in the winter would it damage the waterheater and hvac unit?

It's to prevent the water line from freezing. I hope it has a built-in thermostat that keeps the temperature just a few degrees above freezing; I'm not looking forward to seeing my electric bill next winter if it's going to run 24/7...

Well, I think they put it in there for a reason, in order to heat that closet, I think it has to be continuously running.
They should have inserted a vent into the hvac closet, so that heat could come in from our actual unit.

Each notice is either for a different trade/inspection, or they couldn't go to your unit in time and had to post another one (as they are date specific).

I had two notices - one ended up being todays furnace thing, and the other was the 30 day list inspections from James. Everything I listed on the 30 day got approved no problem.

Maybe it was just inspection then, because nothing was done. However, it's weird they didn't take the first notice away, they just put one on top of the other - identical apart from highlighting this time. Makes it looks as though they're stopping by repeatedly but I'm not signing off to authorize access. Maybe it was just a mistake on their part for not taking the slip, but just makes me suspicious.

Probably. I'm guessing the water might freeze too...

I think the reason for the heater is that the water heater is of the tankless variety aka instantaneous water heater. it doesn't keep water hot in the reservoir/in the lines. So the water won't stay hot and can potentially freeze if it gets too cold in that little room. They're great for energy efficiency, but I'm sure the heater offsets that haha.

Firedoor is crazy loud. It slams shut and since there is no handle on the back sides of the doors, people can't close them quietly even if they wanted to. Even the pushbar is loud and echoes through the hall.

No noise from my vents. Try tightening them while they're running and see if it helps?

The doors are fairly loud yes, but it shouldn't be a bother for those in the hallway. The REAL problem here, is that we can hear the doors in our units. I've mentioned this multiple times. I should NOT be able to hear people talking in the hallway from some 50 meters away when I'm in my unit with the door closed and TV on. The damn gaps in the doors are the problem here. You can actually see light shining through them. Clearly way too large of a gap.

The doors are fairly loud yes, but it shouldn't be a bother for those in the hallway. The REAL problem here, is that we can hear the doors in our units. I've mentioned this multiple times. I should NOT be able to hear people talking in the hallway from some 50 meters away when I'm in my unit with the door closed and TV on. The damn gaps in the doors are the problem here. You can actually see light shining through them. Clearly way too large of a gap.

The fire doors are a huge bother for those units near them. People are coming home at all hours of the night and the door bang can be heard loudly in the unit. Imagine instead of people talking in the hallways, a loud metal crash at 3am. I live a few units away so it's not too bad, but I can't imagine living in one of the units beside it.

Good news though, when James was going through my list he would read the problem, then go find it and authorize repairs. When he got to gaps in doors, he didn't even walk over and inspect it. Just put a checkmark next it and said "yeaaa that one...". Seems they've got a lot of people complaining :D

Last edited:
The fire doors are a huge bother for those units near them. People are coming home at all hours of the night and the door bang can be heard loudly in the unit. Imagine instead of people talking in the hallways, a loud metal crash at 3am. I live a few units away so it's not too bad, but I can't imagine living in one of the units beside it.

Good news though, when James was going through my list he would read the problem, then go find it and authorize repairs. When he got to gaps in doors, he didn't even walk over and inspect it. Just put a checkmark next it and said "yeaaa that one...". Seems they've got a lot of people complaining :D

wooooo good to hear! I talked to him about it in person 2x and emailed him a couple times as well as my PDI. Good work team! Let's get those gaps fixed so we can live in peace and quiet from the outside hallway noises!

I live very close to the fire door and yes it can be heard very easily from inside my bedroom with the door closed.
If there was something to stop the clanking noise that would be great...

So it looks like the paint guy was in my place today...missed one of the things I listed but seems to have gone around and done any touchups, even marks I did while moving.

The quality of his work .... is pretty bad though. Some things are worse now than before :D

Also didn't appreciate having to scrap paint splatter from my wood floors.

Closing costs seem great to me! Less than I thought they'd be

Here are some example of the 30 day paint 'repairs'.

Looks like they put it on with a sponge or something.
IMG_0166.jpg

Sponge + wrong kind of paint (they used matte while the bathroom walls should have semi-gloss). This was also not listed on my 30 day form and was fine before.
IMG_0167.jpg

Here they tried to fix the holes from the towel bar I removed (not listed on 30 day). Again, wrong paint.
IMG_0170.jpg

They also use the wrong paint on the door trim (matte vs glossy).

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 224

Back