Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I was expecting $15-30 range for the water heater rental. Anything more then that seems like a lot.
It would have been nice if Vandyk had them installed themselves without burdening everyone with rental contracts. The other issue is, with the water heater now being located on the balcony, its now part of the common elements, is it not? I don't know if we could even buy it out?

Did you guys notice that the oven light doesn't come on automatically when you open the oven door? It seems like you have to press the button to turn it on each time.

I have a 2-bedroom, so I dunno if the water heater sizing is any different... Charges:
$35 account set up fee (bullshit - i was gonna call and give them shit, but got lazy and just paid it since it was overdue)
$34.99 monthly rental (for 3 months and 6 days) = ~$114
+HST = ~$169

I expect Enbridge to be very cheap as NG prices are very low these days - I love to BBQ anyway, so it's great. I hooked mine up to the NG line the first week I moved in. Requires some parts, of course.

I didn't notice the light on the oven.... but I also haven't used it yet. I have a toaster oven I use almost daily. For 1 person it's not too often I make enough food to fill the full fized oven.

Has anyone used their AC yet?... I think it's time. I woke up at ~2am last night because it was hot as hell (25C in my room). If it's hot in there again today the AC is coming on. I have the window open during the evening but close it at bedtime so I don't have to hear construction guys @ 645AM, and of course that damned train... my balcony faces Lolita Gardens so it's not terrible, but I still hear it if I'm not fully asleep... I'm guessing those of you facing Dundas have it a lot louder when that thing comes rolling through?

Last edited:
Tarion.com

Asmegin, who did you give the 30 day form to from Vandyk? I submitted online and printed/signed last week, but haven't provided Vandyk with a copy yet... who did you give yours to? Pls let me know.

I have a 2-bedroom, so I dunno if the water heater sizing is any different... Charges:
$35 account set up fee (bullshit - i was gonna call and give them shit, but got lazy and just paid it since it was overdue)
$34.99 monthly rental (for 3 months and 6 days) = ~$114
+HST = ~$169

I expect Enbridge to be very cheap as NG prices are very low these days - I love to BBQ anyway, so it's great. I hooked mine up to the NG line the first week I moved in. Requires some parts, of course.

I didn't notice the light on the oven.... but I also haven't used it yet. I have a toaster oven I use almost daily. For 1 person it's not too often I make enough food to fill the full fized oven.

Has anyone used their AC yet?... I think it's time. I woke up at ~2am last night because it was hot as hell (25C in my room). If it's hot in there again today the AC is coming on. I have the window open during the evening but close it at bedtime so I don't have to hear construction guys @ 645AM, and of course that damned train... my balcony faces Lolita Gardens so it's not terrible, but I still hear it if I'm not fully asleep... I'm guessing those of you facing Dundas have it a lot louder when that thing comes rolling through?

That's weird that you got your Reliance bill (and it was overdue). I still haven't got anything from them other than the account information letter. I even signed up for an online account and have no bills or anything yet.

+1 for the countertop oven as well, if you live alone. No need to preheat the huge oven.

No AC yet. I have all my windows open at night as those noises don't bother me. Definitely have to get a fan though, as it's still 24-25 with the windows open.

Asmegin, who did you give the 30 day form to from Vandyk? I submitted online and printed/signed last week, but haven't provided Vandyk with a copy yet... who did you give yours to? Pls let me know.

I didn't send it to anyone at Vandyk. When you submit it online, it should show up under 'Official Correspondence from Tarion'. On the 30 day letter, it shows that it was CCed to Vandyk directly from Tarion.

$35-40 a month for a water heater rental is crazy. One they have on their reliance website is on the home depot website for $1350-1450 to purchase, you could literally buy one in 3 years instead of their rental prices. I just talked to a few people at work and the most someone pays is $25. Don't know if they are gouging us because they are new tankless heaters or what.

I agree, its super hot in my unit. It was 25 yesterday. At what point will they be turning off the heat in the building? I think once that is off, it will be a lot better. I am on the North West portion of the building, facing the condo next door's parking lot. I can definately hear the train fairly often and I am also constantly hearing people nextdoor honking their horns as they go in and out of the parking garage. Its super annoying.

I think tankless are more expensive. I'm happy with renting it as I don't plan on living here forever anyway..

When I would take pictures during construction, I noticed the people in the white condo honk everytime they go in the underground. It drove me nuts the few minutes i was there, can't imagine dealing with it everyday. I would make a huge sign "NO HONKING PLEASE" and put it at the entrance :D

I didn't send it to anyone at Vandyk. When you submit it online, it should show up under 'Official Correspondence from Tarion'. On the 30 day letter, it shows that it was CCed to Vandyk directly from Tarion.

Oh, I didn't notice that. I could have sworn I read saying something about "don't forget to submit a signed copy to the builder"... maybe not. I will have to review.

$35-40 a month for a water heater rental is crazy. One they have on their reliance website is on the home depot website for $1350-1450 to purchase, you could literally buy one in 3 years instead of their rental prices. I just talked to a few people at work and the most someone pays is $25. Don't know if they are gouging us because they are new tankless heaters or what.

I agree, its super hot in my unit. It was 25 yesterday. At what point will they be turning off the heat in the building? I think once that is off, it will be a lot better. I am on the North West portion of the building, facing the condo next door's parking lot. I can definately hear the train fairly often and I am also constantly hearing people nextdoor honking their horns as they go in and out of the parking garage. Its super annoying.

Lol oh man. I only really notice the train when the windows are open... when closed I don't hear it at all. They seem to be decent quality windows. Do you mean you hear honking and trains with the windows closed as well?

I can surely hear the train still with the windows closed, but it is a bit better. For some reason when buying this condo, I thought that the train didn't run very often for some reason... lol

I am not sure if the entrace to their underground parking nextdoor is only big enough for one car at a time or what, but yeah, they constantly honk their horns as they are entering and leaving their underground parking. I don't really see the point, what's someone going to do, stop their car and start reversing once they hear someones horn entering?? I wish the entrance to it was on the other side of their building. They need some sort of light system or something to state when its clear. Our parking entrance is big enough for 2 cars at the same time.

Last edited:
I can surely hear the train still with the windows closed, but it is a bit better. For some reason when buying this condo, I thought that the train didn't run very often for some reason... lol

I am not sure if the entrace to their underground parking nextdoor is only big enough for one car at a time or what, but yeah, they constantly honk their horns as they are entering and leaving their underground parking. I don't really see the point, what's someone going to do, stop their car and start reversing once they hear someones horn entering?? I wish the entrance to it was on the other side of their building. They need some sort of light system or something to state when its clear. Our parking entrance is big enough for 2 cars at the same time.

I'm on the west side of the building on the ground floor near where the parking garage entrance of the other building is... And, with the windows closed I really can't hear anything from their parking garage entrance. With the windows open, the freight trains going by are definitely noticeable though.

I haven't noticed the horn honking... I thought about doing that myself in our garage cause I drive a hybrid and you really can't hear me coming down the ramp, but so far our garage really hasn't been busy at all so there's been no need :)

Hey, has anyone had any problems with the electrical outlets?? I can't for the life of me push my coffee/espresso machine plugs into the kitchen outlets (my iphone charger will push in just fine). I'm also not getting power in the bathroom outlet (when I press the Test button a red light flashes which I think means that something needs to be changed). So annoying!

Hey, has anyone had any problems with the electrical outlets?? I can't for the life of me push my coffee/espresso machine plugs into the kitchen outlets (my iphone charger will push in just fine). I'm also not getting power in the bathroom outlet (when I press the Test button a red light flashes which I think means that something needs to be changed). So annoying!

:D:D I had major issues plugging things in...I thought it was just me and I was hopeless. It's like there is some plastic thing blocking the plug. The kitchen ones seemed hardest for me too. The other day I had to plug something in and I swear, it took me 10 minutes of jiggling the plug to get it in. I don't know what the deal is with them, never seen anything like it before.

BTW lots of landscaping going on today. No grass yet, but it's starting to look nice.

Also there is a Picasso hanging in the 4th floor elevator area :D I hope they add a nice bench so I can sit while I wait for the slow elevator (because one is probably broken) hah

:D:D I had major issues plugging things in...I thought it was just me and I was hopeless. It's like there is some plastic thing blocking the plug. The kitchen ones seemed hardest for me too. The other day I had to plug something in and I swear, it took me 10 minutes of jiggling the plug to get it in. I don't know what the deal is with them, never seen anything like it before.

Omg so it's not just me?? I didn't want to break my coffee machine plug so I gave up which meant no coffee this morning :(

What did you do to finally get the plug in? At first, I thought that they'd forgotten to remove some sort of safety barrier from my outlets.. Anyway, I just don't know what they were thinking with these ridiculous outlets!

Back