News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.9K     13 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 673     0 

Onyx (MCC, Davies Smith, 35s, Quadrangle/Raw)

^But where are their cars? I bet area parking lots were rammed full of them!

I was working with tons of Mississaugans this past week--yikes they are dull creatures, they reminded me of K-W types.

You do realize most of the people in Mississauga aren't even from Mississsauga right? I'm the rare exception that was born in Mississauga, but most people were born in Toronto or some other country. So I don't see how "Mississaugans" can be dull. Maybe you should take the time to find out where these people are actually from.

^I understand actually. I remember Mississauga of the mid-nineties--I lived there then. Chatting with today's college kids that live in Peel Region was interesting--the only "b&b white" girl told me her high school was almost all East Asian immigrants. I was rather surprised, as I recall that even 15 years ago, the local RC school was mostly Italian & Irish kids....

However, south of the QEW I get the feeling they're from a different background--b&b mostly white Canadians, often descended from Mississauga's original settlers (you can count me in that lot I guess.)

I'm not ready to tour the Sauga yet--maybe in 2020 I'll visit for the first time in 2 decades? (Well, I wouldn't mind doing a tour of old Mississauga cemeteries--nice to check in with my ancestors occassionally.... There are major roads in your city named after them.:))

Last edited:
^I understand actually. I remember Mississauga of the mid-nineties--I lived there then. Chatting with today's college kids that live in Peel Region was interesting--the only "b&b white" girl told me her high school was almost all East Asian immigrants. I was rather surprised, as I recall that even 15 years ago, the local RC school was mostly Italian & Irish kids....

However, south of the QEW I get the feeling they're from a different background--b&b mostly white Canadians, often descended from Mississauga's original settlers (you can count me in that lot I guess.)

I'm not ready to tour the Sauga yet--maybe in 2020 I'll visit for the first time in 2 decades? (Well, I wouldn't mind doing a tour of old Mississauga cemeteries--nice to check in with my ancestors occassionally.... There are major roads in your city named after them.:))

Yes south of the QEW is different. That's where I'm from as well. I could count the visible minorities in my elementary school on my hand. Moving to north Mississauga was a bit of cultural shock lol.

Anyway, in general I don't think people from Mississauga are any different than Torontonians. If anything, maybe downtowners are different than people in the rest of the GTA. I'm talking about those people who never venture north of Bloor or west of Bathurst or east of Jarvis. Those types annoy the frak out of me.

Yes south of the QEW is different. That's where I'm from as well. I could count the visible minorities in my elementary school on my hand. Moving to north Mississauga was a bit of cultural shock lol.

Anyway, in general I don't think people from Mississauga are any different than Torontonians. If anything, maybe downtowners are different than people in the rest of the GTA. I'm talking about those people who never venture north of Bloor or west of Bathurst or east of Jarvis. Those types annoy the frak out of me.

meh it really depends ... if they're not leaving the area as they think they're better then anyone outside those areas, sure I agree with you ...

But honestly I used to live downtown and if you work there - why would you leave (I'm not referring to that specific bound you drew but just downtown in general), I can't think of many reasons ... there's a couple only - I left for some nice arabic grocery stores which you can find in Scarborough - and that's about it : ). I'm honestly trying to think! Maybe a couple festivals that are scattered throughout the 416 and other parts of the GTA ... that would amount to a few times a year ... maybe a visit to pacific mall (maybe..)

Back on topic please.

From today...
20100717a030.jpg

20100717a043.jpg

20100717a044.jpg

20100717a037.jpg

20100717a031.jpg

20100717a039.jpg

20100717a056.jpg

20100717a062.jpg

Will that new road open going north and south on the east side of this complex when this building is fnished? Essentially connecting Webb and Burnhamthorpe.

this whole group of buildings looks great and is so interesting because of the angular orientations... I wish we would build more like this rather than having everything square to the street grid.

Back