One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

No problem bro! When I saw you guys asking about early occupancy, I had to join in as well. It just makes sense from my perspective.

I purchased in November of 2015. So almost a year now. But it's my first place and since a couple of my friends already own condos and are living downtown, I'm just itching to join them in that aspect, although we are not quite downtown.

I honestly can't wait for your PDI. I know if you come back saying you're satisfied and happy, I won't be worried anymore

Nothing to be worried about, your PDI is just under 2 months away, that's plenty of time to make sure the units are as perfect as possible, I have no doubts my PDI will go smoothly with probably just a few minor things.

Information session just a few days away, hopefully it's informative and not a waste of time.

So what did everyone think about the info session last night?!

Looks like early occupancy is a go, just need to wait on those specific move in dates.

I would be extremely impressed if Edilcan can registered by the occupancy date, pretty much unheard of like GP said.

Guess I gotta get myself a lawyer and a mortgage rate by next week before my PDI, I've been slacking on that.

So what did everyone think about the info session last night?!

Looks like early occupancy is a go, just need to wait on those specific move in dates.

I would be extremely impressed if Edilcan can registered by the occupancy date, pretty much unheard of like GP said.

Guess I gotta get myself a lawyer and a mortgage rate by next week before my PDI, I've been slacking on that.

Honestly I have mixed feelings about last night and maybe that's me being too critical. I just thought that the information session could be a waste of time depending on how much information they include in the e-mail.

Early occupancy would be amazing. I spoke to Melissa after (I work rotational shifts at my job) and they said that they're willing to accommodate that as well which, would be amazing for me as my boyfriend can just use his vacation days. Now we are just hoping that it will be sooner than later.

We actually brought our real-estate agent with us and she was also shocked to hear that they are wanting to close on the occupancy date.

Fortunately mortgages are easy to get as long as your credit score isn't in the toilet. I don't know if you have previously had one but make sure to shop around a few different banks because they will usually try to beat one another for your business.

Hey 300 and Kan!

I thought it was a decent overview, but I agree in that most of that information I could have gotten by calling in myself. But I am impressed by getting confirmation from GP himself that there may actually be very little to no occupancy phase/fees.

Guess my Lawyer was right in what she said. Now we just wait! The next big event is your PDI's!

I managed to hire a lawyer and in the process of applying for a mortgage, I feel way more relieved now. Those things just sprung up on me, I knew I needed them, just sort of been naive to the whole idea.

So what was up at the meeting with people already calling the property management to book elevators?!? No one has a date yet, how can you just assume you'll be moving in that day, it's crazy!

I'll be going to the PDI with my fiancé on Thursday so she'll be responsible with taking pictures and I'll provide a detailed report.

Both of us are excited for him lol. I can't wait to see what the place looks like because we chose the same colours for our floors and cabinets.

Hey Reign and Kan!

I just finished my PDI and wow, very very impressed. Chris said that I had one of the least deficient units he's done so far so I guess lucky me!

The driftwood package looks amazing and the black quartz countertop looks great. Chris said it was the first unit he's seen with the driftwood and black quartz and said it's definitely nicer than the granite option.

They had a cancelation for the PDI before my unit so we almost spent 2 hours.

You guys should be very excited for you PDI's!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    732.6 KB · Views: 394
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    723.9 KB · Views: 395
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    624.7 KB · Views: 387
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    637.9 KB · Views: 384
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    662.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Hey Reign and Kan!

I just finished my PDI and wow, very very impressed. Chris said that I had one of the least deficit units he's done so far so I guess lucky me!

The driftwood package looks amazing and the black quartz countertop looks great. Chris said it was the first unit he's seen with the driftwood and black quartz and said it's definitely nicer than the granite option.

They had a cancelation for the PDI before my unit so we almost spent 2 hours.

You guys should be very excited for you PDI's!

Oh wow that does look very nice! We ended up choosing the granite option because I was afraid that the black would be too dark haha.

How was it in terms of quality ? Was there anything to report in terms of defects? Also, around how much time does each person have for their PDI.

So happy for you about the way things turned out ! Congrats ! Did they mention anything about early occupancy ??

One more question, do you perhaps have pictures of the bathroom? I'm wondering what type of fixtures they're including in it. Like if there's a thing for toilet paper / towel rack. Silly question.

I was afraid of the black too but my fiancé chose well, I gotta hand it to her, the finishes look amazing.

Chris was actually pointing out deficiencies before I even started, I was still sort of trying to take it all in. Just very minor stuff; dents in the drywall, the bedroom door was damaged, the cover for the security pin pad was broken, bath was missing the tub stopper (which I wouldn't have even known about if Chris hadn't pointed it out) and some scratches in the bathroom vanity.

Chris said that PDI's are 45 minutes long. He checked to make sure the appliances work, fan in the bathroom, the coil fan in the living room, thermostat, showed the lint catcher in the laundry room and another filter in the walk in closet and then you check for deficiencies.

The appliances, by the way, are all upgraded from the model suites including the washer and dryer.

Nothing comfirmed about early occupancy, I asked and he said maybe October 3rd but we'll know soon enough.

Yes, the bathroom had a large towel rack and a toilet paper roll hanger thingy.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 368
300, wow your place looks so good! I'm happy to hear that you're happy! I was debating between the driftwood package as well, but I went with the Smokey glass and added the upgraded black cabinets. I'm hoping it looks as clean and neat like yours. You and Kan made a great choice with the driftwood!

The appliances are all high quality?

I'm still over a month away from PDI. Anticipation is too much, lol.

Oh, almost forgot to share with you both...TD insurance told me that etobicoke has the highest rate if claims for sewage back up in their homes and condominiums. So they recommended sewage backup protection which is like 25/year extra. Basically he said the flowage isn't as good for some reason in the etobicoke toward Toronto core area.

Do you think it's important to add on? Also, what are your thoughts on adding earthquake insurance? I've never really thought about these 2 things before...

Hey guys!

I'm glad both of you really like how things came out, I'm absolutely thrilled with how everything looks!

I was personally leaning towards smokey glass actually. With the cabinets being a different colour, that will defintely change the look big time. I hope that the both of you can post pictures from your units on here once you conduct your PDI.

I can't comment on the quality of the appliances because I honestly don't know much about them but everything is upgraded from the stuff in the model suites. The washer and dryer are also nearly full sized stacked, not those typical, small condo sized units.

As for insurance, I've got a few quotes but I have not been asked about sewer backup protection.

Yes, back in the summer of 2012, during the blackout which was caused by heavy rain, many many homeowners had their basements flooded, several of my friends had that issue although I have not heard of condos having that issue. I would probably inquire to see if sewer backup is something that the condo is covered for already seeing how it's common elements in my opinion.

Your insurance shouldn't cost you more than $400 annually. If it's over that, your being covered for stuff that really isn't necessary. Only insurance in the downtown core would be over that threshold.

The largest earthquake to hit Toronto was maybe a 3 which is pretty insignificant, probably another thing you don't need.

Hey guys!

I'm glad both of you really like how things came out, I'm absolutely thrilled with how everything looks!

I was personally leaning towards smokey glass actually. With the cabinets being a different colour, that will defintely change the look big time. I hope that the both of you can post pictures from your units on here once you conduct your PDI.

I can't comment on the quality of the appliances because I honestly don't know much about them but everything is upgraded from the stuff in the model suites. The washer and dryer are also nearly full sized stacked, not those typical, small condo sized units.

As for insurance, I've got a few quotes but I have not been asked about sewer backup protection.

Yes, back in the summer of 2012, during the blackout which was caused by heavy rain, many many homeowners had their basements flooded, several of my friends had that issue although I have not heard of condos having that issue. I would probably inquire to see if sewer backup is something that the condo is covered for already seeing how it's common elements in my opinion.

Your insurance shouldn't cost you more than $400 annually. If it's over that, your being covered for stuff that really isn't necessary. Only insurance in the downtown core would be over that threshold.

The largest earthquake to hit Toronto was maybe a 3 which is pretty insignificant, probably another thing you don't need.

As a comparison for insurance in downtown Toronto, I pay $420/year for a new condo near Bathurst & Queen, including $1,000,000 liability and sewer backup protection. I would recommend getting the sewer protection. While condos are less prone to getting backed up, and you won't get a situation like the basement of a house flooding, you will have a sewer main running through one of the walls in your condo and if that backups and damages anything in your condo, you'll be on the hook for those repairs. When you're dealing with sewage it can get costly in a hurry.

Back