One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Thanks for the reply 300, appreciate it. I'm glad to know edilcan is on top of the registration. I've heard horror stories of people paying upwards of an extra $8000 to $10,000 is simple "rent" because building were delayed in being registered.

Hope everyone has a great long weekend.

Hello everyone !

Just spoke with Triump ! So there will be an information session for everyone on August 10th at the Crown Royal Plaza hotel in Toronto. Also, they have received our PDI dates. Ours is on the 21st of September. They are starting on the 10th or 11th with approximately 8 a day.

Early occupancy will be still available if there is enough interest otherwise the firm occupancy date will be October 27th.

Wow, the one weekend I go away to a cottage with no internet connection or cell reception and everything hits the fan, haha.

I assume everyone here received an emailed in regards to the information session and of course, most importantly, their PDI date.

My PDI date is scheduled for August 18th.

It's finally nice to see everything coming together, we've waited long enough!

Wow, the one weekend I go away to a cottage with no internet connection or cell reception and everything hits the fan, haha.

I assume everyone here received an emailed in regards to the information session and of course, most importantly, their PDI date.

My PDI date is scheduled for August 18th.

It's finally nice to see everything coming together, we've waited long enough!

Yeah, I decided to call on Saturday to ask about the paperwork never arriving and so they told me about the PDIs. I am curious to see how the information session will run. I hope to receive the condo bylaws at that point because I want to know what we are allowed to have in our units (i.e. real Christmas Trees are not allowed in some condo buildings).

Oh wow I'm so jealous about the month earlier PDI date. If you wouldn't mind, please post some pictures and your experience so we know what to expect. I have no idea how the process will run.

I hope that there will be enough interest for the early occupancy date. I would prefer to move in early October rather than late in the month.

Yeah, I decided to call on Saturday to ask about the paperwork never arriving and so they told me about the PDIs. I am curious to see how the information session will run. I hope to receive the condo bylaws at that point because I want to know what we are allowed to have in our units (i.e. real Christmas Trees are not allowed in some condo buildings).

Oh wow I'm so jealous about the month earlier PDI date. If you wouldn't mind, please post some pictures and your experience so we know what to expect. I have no idea how the process will run.

I hope that there will be enough interest for the early occupancy date. I would prefer to move in early October rather than late in the month.

Absolutely, I'll let you know everything about the PDI and what to expect. We should find out we need during the information session. I'm a little disappointed we can only bring one guest into the PDI.

Seems like the PDI's will run until the end of September and then maybe early occupancy will begin from that point on. I'm also for early occupancy, I will have to contact Edlican for more information.

I'll keep you posted

Absolutely, I'll let you know everything about the PDI and what to expect. We should find out we need during the information session. I'm a little disappointed we can only bring one guest into the PDI.

Seems like the PDI's will run until the end of September and then maybe early occupancy will begin from that point on. I'm also for early occupancy, I will have to contact Edlican for more information.

I'll keep you posted

The Information Session is the only thing you're allowed to bring 1 guest to. There are no comments for the PDI.

I can't attach a picture to this damn thread but here is the direct link : http://imgur.com/a/WpyVa

The Information Session is the only thing you're allowed to bring 1 guest to. There are no comments for the PDI.

I can't attach a picture to this damn thread but here is the direct link : http://imgur.com/a/WpyVa

On my PDI form, it states that strictly only 2 people are allowed, any additional guests will not be allowed on the property due to security...makes me wonder if they've had an issue before.

There's a great PDI checklist to print off from the Tarion site, definitely recommend bringing that along.

You're both lucky! My PDI isn't until October 5th, I'm already sitting here in severe anticipation! Lol.

I look forward to what you can find out and how satisfied you will be at your PDI. You both seem switched on, so if you're happy I'm sure there won't be any issues or concern when I get to do mine.

Exciting times guys!

You're both lucky! My PDI isn't until October 5th, I'm already sitting here in severe anticipation! Lol.

I look forward to what you can find out and how satisfied you will be at your PDI. You both seem switched on, so if you're happy I'm sure there won't be any issues or concern when I get to do mine.

Exciting times guys!

October 5th! You must be on one of the highest floors.

I suppose everyone will be depending on my experience through the PDI, seems like I'm the first one to do so, I'll try my best!!

It is very exciting times, I'm extremely relieved that this is finally coming to a close. I've been waiting to move in for 27 months, I've been as patient as one can be.

Has one else got around to contacting Mellissa at Edilcan in regards to early occupancy?

I spoke with her today, as I am very interested in taking early occupancy. Much like kan7103 said, they will not consider early occupancy unless they get a decent response. She said the first time they asked about early occupancy, (back in late January) not many people showed interest although she did say that it's already been much better so far than the first time around so fingers crossed!

I guess due to my location in the building, being within the first 5 floors, Mellissa gave me the option of moving in late September or early October, being on a lower floor certainly has it's advantages. She said that she'll contact me back hopefully by next week to let me know if early occupancy is a go and make the amendment to the purchase agreement.

I don't think a lot of people realize how beneficial early occupancy is. Here we are, extremely lucky I must add, to be given an opportunity for early occupancy. Most buildings aren't even ready by the purchase agreement date, let alone early, we are in a very rare situation.

I don't see the point for us who want early occupancy to wait until October 27th to move. I'm willing to start paying occupancy fees now. The sooner we are moved in, the sooner the building registers the quicker the building gets it's money and everyone is happy. I don't know if people realize but being able to choose your own move in date is much better than being told when to do so. I would rather be in control of my own.

Just because we can move in as of October 27th, that probably means a February or March move in for anyone on the higher floors, basically pushing back your occupancy by months, I don't think that's something the majority of us want.

October 5th! You must be on one of the highest floors.

I suppose everyone will be depending on my experience through the PDI, seems like I'm the first one to do so, I'll try my best!!

It is very exciting times, I'm extremely relieved that this is finally coming to a close. I've been waiting to move in for 27 months, I've been as patient as one can be.

Has one else got around to contacting Mellissa at Edilcan in regards to early occupancy?

I spoke with her today, as I am very interested in taking early occupancy. Much like kan7103 said, they will not consider early occupancy unless they get a decent response. She said the first time they asked about early occupancy, (back in late January) not many people showed interest although she did say that it's already been much better so far than the first time around so fingers crossed!

I guess due to my location in the building, being within the first 5 floors, Mellissa gave me the option of moving in late September or early October, being on a lower floor certainly has it's advantages. She said that she'll contact me back hopefully by next week to let me know if early occupancy is a go and make the amendment to the purchase agreement.

I don't think a lot of people realize how beneficial early occupancy is. Here we are, extremely lucky I must add, to be given an opportunity for early occupancy. Most buildings aren't even ready by the purchase agreement date, let alone early, we are in a very rare situation.

I don't see the point for us who want early occupancy to wait until October 27th to move. I'm willing to start paying occupancy fees now. The sooner we are moved in, the sooner the building registers the quicker the building gets it's money and everyone is happy. I don't know if people realize but being able to choose your own move in date is much better than being told when to do so. I would rather be in control of my own.

Just because we can move in as of October 27th, that probably means a February or March move in for anyone on the higher floors, basically pushing back your occupancy by months, I don't think that's something the majority of us want.

I just spoke with Mellissa this morning and she also offered me occupancy late September (as soon as my PDI is complete or early October). She did also say that there are other e-mails with people being interested in earlier occupancy. Sorry 300STR8, I guess this time we evened out the playing field with you being on the lower floor. She did also mention contacting me next week so fingers crossed!

Also, I remembered that the fees surrounding early occupancy should only be maintenance fees and property tax. I'm not sure how if they will add on any additional fees (I assume so) but I guess we shall see.

Exciting times guys!

I guess you're not too far above me then!

I just spoke with Mellissa this morning and she also offered me occupancy late September (as soon as my PDI is complete or early October). She did also say that there are other e-mails with people being interested in earlier occupancy. Sorry 300STR8, I guess this time we evened out the playing field with you being on the lower floor. She did also mention contacting me next week so fingers crossed!

Also, I remembered that the fees surrounding early occupancy should only be maintenance fees and property tax. I'm not sure how if they will add on any additional fees (I assume so) but I guess we shall see.

Occupancy fees are the maintenance fees with property tax and the interest on the remaining balance of the purchase price. If you put down 20% of the purchase price, you will only be paying the interest based on the amount you will finance, so 80%. I don't quite know how the math is done but occupancy fees will be lower than what it will cost once we all have a mortgage, I'm sure there's stuff online that can calculate it

Hey guys,

I as well have inquired about early occupancy and I completely agree, it makes sense to get in sooner than expected. There will be a flux of people trying to book move in dates as of the 27th.

I too have also heard from my lawyer that Edilcan is usually failrly good with registering the building sooner than later, so fingers crossed, we won't have to pay occupancy fees for too long.

Honestly I know its early, but moving in is all I can focus on right now. How are you both feeling?

Hey guys,

I as well have inquired about early occupancy and I completely agree, it makes sense to get in sooner than expected. There will be a flux of people trying to book move in dates as of the 27th.

I too have also heard from my lawyer that Edilcan is usually failrly good with registering the building sooner than later, so fingers crossed, we won't have to pay occupancy fees for too long.

Honestly I know its early, but moving in is all I can focus on right now. How are you both feeling?

Thanks Reign, for adding your name to the early occupancy list as well. I suppose we'll all find out whether or not it's a go by next week.

That's good to hear that Edilcan registers quickly, they must know people at city hall to push forward the building. It's not uncommon for these things to take up to 6 months, wouldn't be much fun paying occupancy fees for that amount of time.

I'm in the same boat too, I mean, maybe not to the same extent but I just want to get in as soon as possible. I would definitely sleep better at night knowing that I was moving in roughly 2 or less months but the uncertainty hanging over early occupancy means probably moving in roughly 3-4 months which would mean an even longer wait for you, being higher up in the building. My original goal was to be in the building for thanksgiving, something I sort of predicted a year ago so that would be most ideal.

How long ago did you purchase? You sound like you've been waiting just as long as me, haha, just itching to move in.

Weird to think my PDI is in two weeks, something that I've been waiting for the longest time, seems surreal now that everything is actually coming together.

No problem bro! When I saw you guys asking about early occupancy, I had to join in as well. It just makes sense from my perspective.

I purchased in November of 2015. So almost a year now. But it's my first place and since a couple of my friends already own condos and are living downtown, I'm just itching to join them in that aspect, although we are not quite downtown.

I honestly can't wait for your PDI. I know if you come back saying you're satisfied and happy, I won't be worried anymore

Back