One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

No problem!

I have one better than that! She said that it could theoretically be as soon as three weeks as long as things go smoothly. :D:D:D:D:D

So less than two weeks until our PDI (26th) and then three weeks until we could move in.

Well, if occupancy is in three weeks, they better start notifying those who want early occupancy as soon as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but I'm sure the majority of us would like more than a week of notice to work out vacation time, moving times and so on...

Well, if occupancy is in three weeks, they better start notifying those who want early occupancy as soon as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited but I'm sure the majority of us would like more than a week of notice to work out vacation time, moving times and so on...

Yeah, fortunately I work rotations so I gave her my days of (3 days off in a week) and she said she would arrange the occupancy for one of those days off. I can't imagine work being happy getting a last minute vacation request.

On a different note, what is everyone doing in terms of window coverings? I looked into custom blinds at Blinds to Go but they're about 300$ per window. I'm looking for ideas basically.

Yeah, fortunately I work rotations so I gave her my days of (3 days off in a week) and she said she would arrange the occupancy for one of those days off. I can't imagine work being happy getting a last minute vacation request.

On a different note, what is everyone doing in terms of window coverings? I looked into custom blinds at Blinds to Go but they're about 300$ per window. I'm looking for ideas basically.

Ah yes, great question!

I've done some research into what shades I want but I have yet to collect any quotes, something I plan on doing in the very very near future. The Hunter Douglas roller shade in a light grey would be most ideal but that's just my opinion, similar to the ones you see an Tim Horton's, just to give you an idea.

Wow, $300 a window, that seems really high!

A friend of mind just recently had shades done on their house, all from Home Depot and only cost $3,000 so I'd consider checking out them or even Lowe's. No way can a typically sized condo cost more than a house, considering a house has many more windows, although smaller in size, just means more installing.

My unit has 8 foot ceilings so that should also reduce the cost, instead of the typical 9 foot.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is your big day kan!

Make sure you post pictures and tell us how the experience went...maybe you'll even find out some information about occupancy.

Just another week of PDI's and I'm sure they'll be pushing for that early occupancy.

I ended up getting a few quotes for shades, between $200-$300 a window so that seems to be the norm I suppose.

Actually kan, I have a favour to ask of you if you can...

Could you please measure out the windows panes in the living room, windows in your bedroom and the balcony door?

Trying to have custom shades installed but without the proper dimensions, it's not possible. I know the wall of windows in the living room is 10 feet by 8 feet (for my unit) but I have no clue what the dimensions of the windows in the bedroom are or the balcony door so if you could just measure out one those, that would be amazing!

Thanks!!

Actually kan, I have a favour to ask of you if you can...

Could you please measure out the windows panes in the living room, windows in your bedroom and the balcony door?

Trying to have custom shades installed but without the proper dimensions, it's not possible. I know the wall of windows in the living room is 10 feet by 8 feet (for my unit) but I have no clue what the dimensions of the windows in the bedroom are or the balcony door so if you could just measure out one those, that would be amazing!

Thanks!!

Yes! Tomorrow at 10:30! I should be posting the pictures up as soon as I can (basically when I head into work). I definitely will be asking about early occupancy again as we need more than a week to start getting our belongings together.

Sure can do but we do have a different layout than yours is. I was planning on taking measurements for our purposes anyways. I will ask Chris if this unit is the same as the one bedroom with balcony. We have the 1+1 with a french balcony. Long rectangular layout so it may be a tiny bit different.

If there's anything anyone else needs me to ask you have until tomorrow to think up questions.

Thanks so much! I just sort of need a rough idea on the measurements even if they aren't the same layout.

Speaking of layout, which unit do you have anyways? I'm in A3. Here's a link with all the floor plans:

http://www.condosky.com/pdf/valhalla/triumph/valhalla_triumph_floorplans.pdf

As for early occupancy, I couldn't agree more, they should provide us with plenty of notice before hand. We can't even start our insurance policies until we have an actual occupancy date, lot of little aspects that are hold until we have more information. I'm actually going to contact my lawyer today and find out what the legalities are with occupancy. Personally, I feel like we should all have an occupancy date by now. Even if early occupancy wasn't a thing and we were all moving in after October 27, we should in fact have a date ready to go.

I look forward to seeing a reply about your PDI.

I believe reign has his PDI next Monday if I'm not mistaken.

Hello Everyone!!

So the PDI is complete. Overall there were many touch ups which were require and I took a lot of pictures. Including stuff like the lobby and the gym area.

Some of the things that needed to be fixed in the unit were, paint chipped, pantry door had a chip, T thing for the bedroom wasn't secure, laminate floor in one part had a gap and window screen in bedroom wasn't secure. Chris went through everything, giving us a chance to see how things are run and showing us what needs to be done in order to have the unit maintained.

I also spoke to him about early occupancy, elevator bookings and moving in. He said that 1 elevator window is only 2 hours but you are allowed to secure more than one. There is someone he spoke with who had a 4 hour window. He said that from October 27 to the middle of November the elevator is completely booked. When asking him about a heads up he said they can't give anything firm but first or second week of October is a good estimate. I ended up actually telling him that the builder is disorganised, unprofessional and it is a disappointment to be dealing with such a company. He didn't seem to really care.

Now, I have a lot of pictures so I will post the rest in a separate post and I asked about the window measurements. We have layout B1, and Chris said that the window in our living room is different than that of A3. The ceiling isn't as high as there is a bulk head so it's shorter. He said that both windows are approximately that of the one in our bedroom.

Living room:
92 1/2" wide by 89" tall

Bedroom:
75 1/4" wide by 101 1/2" tall

I got a quote from home depot and for black out blinds, simple vinyl we are looking at 500 + tax whereas Blinds to Go is 880 plus taxes.

Attachments

• IMG_3427.JPG
    IMG_3427.JPG
    506.2 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_3428.JPG
    IMG_3428.JPG
    619.5 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3429.JPG
    IMG_3429.JPG
    929.9 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3430.JPG
    IMG_3430.JPG
    777 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_3431.JPG
    IMG_3431.JPG
    441.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3432.JPG
    IMG_3432.JPG
    512.8 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    519.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3434.JPG
    IMG_3434.JPG
    485.2 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_3435.JPG
    IMG_3435.JPG
    545.5 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_3436.JPG
    IMG_3436.JPG
    516.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_3437.JPG
    IMG_3437.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_3438.JPG
    IMG_3438.JPG
    1,017 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_3439.JPG
    IMG_3439.JPG
    520.1 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_3440.JPG
    IMG_3440.JPG
    473.3 KB · Views: 351
Second round.

Attachments

• IMG_3442.JPG
    IMG_3442.JPG
    649 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_3443.JPG
    IMG_3443.JPG
    619.3 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_3444.JPG
    IMG_3444.JPG
    509.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_3445.JPG
    IMG_3445.JPG
    662.3 KB · Views: 351
Hello Everyone!!

So the PDI is complete. Overall there were many touch ups which were require and I took a lot of pictures. Including stuff like the lobby and the gym area.

Some of the things that needed to be fixed in the unit were, paint chipped, pantry door had a chip, T thing for the bedroom wasn't secure, laminate floor in one part had a gap and window screen in bedroom wasn't secure. Chris went through everything, giving us a chance to see how things are run and showing us what needs to be done in order to have the unit maintained.

I also spoke to him about early occupancy, elevator bookings and moving in. He said that 1 elevator window is only 2 hours but you are allowed to secure more than one. There is someone he spoke with who had a 4 hour window. He said that from October 27 to the middle of November the elevator is completely booked. When asking him about a heads up he said they can't give anything firm but first or second week of October is a good estimate. I ended up actually telling him that the builder is disorganised, unprofessional and it is a disappointment to be dealing with such a company. He didn't seem to really care.

Now, I have a lot of pictures so I will post the rest in a separate post and I asked about the window measurements. We have layout B1, and Chris said that the window in our living room is different than that of A3. The ceiling isn't as high as there is a bulk head so it's shorter. He said that both windows are approximately that of the one in our bedroom.

Living room:
92 1/2" wide by 89" tall

Bedroom:
75 1/4" wide by 101 1/2" tall

I got a quote from home depot and for black out blinds, simple vinyl we are looking at 500 + tax whereas Blinds to Go is 880 plus taxes.

Wow, thanks for all the info!

The list of deficiencies doesn't seem so bad, pretty basic stuff. Thanks for all the pictures too, your unit turned out great!

Wait, I'm so confused...so you're telling me that although no one has a move in date, people have already gone ahead and booked the elevator solid for basically the first 3 weeks of occupancy?!?!

So many things wrong with that. First of all, according to my lawyer, he recently received an email from the developers lawyer to confirm that interim occupancy is set for October 27th...interim...not closing occupancy. Closing still has not been finalized. All those people have jumped the gun. The developer will have owners move in according to their floor. I'll be quite upset if I was given a specific date to occupy only to find out that the elevator has been booked by those who had no business to even book yet, it should be done according to floor, not a free for all. I'm sure those elevator bookings will have to be cancelled.

Another point, how can more than one elevator be booked when there is only one service elevator. I doubt the property management will allow people to use the other two elevators to move couches, mattresses and whatever else has no business being moved in an non service elevator.

I'm very happy you told him how you felt about the developer, this entire process has been last minute. Extremely frustrating to get an answer out of anyone.

Thanks for the window dimensions, means so much!!

So your unit bedroom windows and my unit bedroom windows should be about the same size?

Damn, sounds like Home Depot is the winner with that price comparison, I should have gone and got a quote from them as well.

Hey 300 and Kan!

I apologize, I've been MIA for a bit, was doing some travelling before I get ready for the move.

My PDI is not until early October so I still have to drown in anticipation.

Kan your unit looks really nice, as does yours 300! The driftwood packages seem really trendy and modern. I think you both made excellent choices.

Are they really booked up until around mid November to use the elevators? It's okay, I'll use the time to make some minor changes. I can't wait to get in and rip that ugly pink carpet out of the bedroom and lay some hardwood, crown moulding and paint.

I'm a little dissapointed with the lack of communication from edilcan as well. Would any of you have an idea of they still plan on registering the condo when we close and receive keys? I haven't heard anything as of yet.

The list of deficiencies doesn't seem so bad, pretty basic stuff. Thanks for all the pictures too, your unit turned out great!

Wait, I'm so confused...so you're telling me that although no one has a move in date, people have already gone ahead and booked the elevator solid for basically the first 3 weeks of occupancy?!?!

So many things wrong with that. First of all, according to my lawyer, he recently received an email from the developers lawyer to confirm that interim occupancy is set for October 27th...interim...not closing occupancy. Closing still has not been finalized. All those people have jumped the gun. The developer will have owners move in according to their floor. I'll be quite upset if I was given a specific date to occupy only to find out that the elevator has been booked by those who had no business to even book yet, it should be done according to floor, not a free for all. I'm sure those elevator bookings will have to be cancelled.

Another point, how can more than one elevator be booked when there is only one service elevator. I doubt the property management will allow people to use the other two elevators to move couches, mattresses and whatever else has no business being moved in an non service elevator.

I'm very happy you told him how you felt about the developer, this entire process has been last minute. Extremely frustrating to get an answer out of anyone.

So your unit bedroom windows and my unit bedroom windows should be about the same size?

Damn, sounds like Home Depot is the winner with that price comparison, I should have gone and got a quote from them as well.

Thank you so much. Was amazing to finally see it.

Yes. With the way that Chris had made it seem, after the 27th the elevators are literally first come first serve. The builder will not be helping accommodate anything. I think this is terribly irresponsible on their behalf as they don't care at all about the people who purchased their units. I don't think those bookings will be cancelled. I do apologise but there is only 1 elevator which will be used for moving. Not all 3. We asked about that today and the first elevator is the moving one. It is a little bit larger than the other two and has access to the loading dock.

I spoke with my Lawyer and he said that there is nothing that he can do unfortunately. They do not have any legal obligations.

Yes the windows for the bedrooms should be the same and the windows for your bedroom (my bedroom too) and your living room should all be the same. Our living room is only different.

Well you can probably still do that, it only takes about 2-3 weeks to get them in. My boyfriend and I plan on going tomorrow to order them.

Disregard the last part, I see you answered it above 300. I was really hoping to hear solid news that they would register when we closed. I'm starting to feel that will be less of a reality now. Who wants to waste money on occupancy fees. Everyone works really hard to be able to obtain their unit. I'm sure no one has money to waste!

The problem with the way they are running things is that I dont want to pay 1-2 months of my mortgage and not even be able to live in my unit. From my understanding from Chris was that our closing and title transfer would be the 27th but they still want to have people in the units sooner than that.

Thank you! I can't wait to see your unit as well. Which layout did you end up doing?

Interim occupancy is the term for occupancy. Closing is when the building gets registered. You occupy your unit on interim occupancy and they begin paying a rent to the developer until the building is registered. This is when you mortgage kicks in. In the meantime you are playing your maintenance fee, property taxes, hydro, and a portion of the interest for the remaining cost of your unit. Look it up on the tarion website it's all explained there.

As for the booking of the elevators all the people who have book likely got the same interim occupancy date and at that point it's first come first serve, they decided to act on the information they were given in order to set up there move. Nothing wrong with that.

and in terms of elevator function all elevators have the ability to be put on service. It's part of their basic functions. Move in elevators are designated as such because they are usually loaded from the rear and then don't interfere with normal operation of the lobby/building. Plus they are usually connected to the loading area somehow.

Back