News   Nov 12, 2019
 1.4K     10 
News   Nov 12, 2019
 963     4 
News   Nov 12, 2019
 1.4K     4 

Oddfellows Hall 450 Yonge @ Carlton (?, 5s addition, ERA)

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
And that's the curious taketh-vs-giveth-away undercurrent here: the street-level ghost boutique mall serving as a smoke screen for the mothballing and endless rumours and uncertain future of the Carlu space. Then when they euthanized/subdivided the original street level space configuration, the Carlu came to be...
Since the College Park courts will probably be consolidated with the new Armoury Street complex, I wonder what'd happen to the space...

AoD

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Since the College Park courts will probably be consolidated with the new Armoury Street complex, I wonder what'd happen to the space...

AoD
Funnily enough, going back to the future, it'd be an ideal place for a multistory Saks/Nordstrom/Simons-type operation. (Except that location's got the same problems that hindered Eaton's College: too far north from the retail centre of the action that Saks/Nordstrom has inevitably opted for, and too far south of Bloor's carriage-trade/luxury magnetism.)

Of course, it could also be added to the shortlist of Museum Of Toronto locational options.

Gotzvon

Member Bio
Reaction score
ERA have done some great work of late, I'm sure this project is in good hands. We could have just as easily ended up with a 45 storey spandrelfest condo here.

kweku

Member Bio
Reaction score
I honestly think this building should be renovated and left alone as is without any hideous addition.
The Glass slab addition will destroy the unique heritage features of this building. Do we really need to add to any building in the city?

Let's stop destroying the few distinct heritage buildings in this city in the name of re-development !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amare

Member Bio
Reaction score
ERA have done some great work of late, I'm sure this project is in good hands. We could have just as easily ended up with a 45 storey spandrelfest condo here.
That's exactly what I was going to point out. This theoretically could've been the facade for an uninspiring condo built right on top of this gem of a building (for example: the garbage that's currently being built behind the oddfellows building).

Ottawan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I honestly think this building should be renovated and left alone as is without any hideous addition.
The Glass slab addition will destroy the unique heritage features of this building. Do we really need to add to any building in the city?

Let's stop destroying the few distinct heritage buildings in this city in the name of re-development !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
44 exclamation marks. That must be some sort of record.

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
Apparently the building still has an old-fashioned elevator in it- are they keeping that?