News   Jan 20, 2020
 595     1 
News   Jan 20, 2020
 1.3K     3 

Nuit Blanche

JasonParis

Member Bio
Reaction score
MWB went under another name on EZBoard where he made comments on how events like the AIDS Walk shouldn't be supported as AIDS is what he called a self-inflicted and primarily a gay disease. He called it a waste of money and said people should only support cancer research. There's clearly a "phobia" on his behalf and one that likely wouldn't have impressed Jeff Buckley much. He seems to be trolling on this thread, so let's not waste any more keystrokes on the dude.

So what does everyone think of my pictures? :p

BuildTO

Member Bio
Reaction score
haha. First of all I'm not homophobic. That term doesn't even make sense anyway because no one is "afraid" of homosexuals.
This is a tired and linguistically ignorant argument. What is important is how people use a word, i.e., what the speaker means to convey and what the listener understands. So the original meaning of "phobia" is irrelevant with respect to the usage of "homophobia" or "homophobic" or "homophobe".

And yes, like miketoronto, the worst homophobes can be gays who are closeted, in denial, or out but not yet comfortable with themselves.

And please remember the saying: judge not, lest ye be judged. Or maybe: live and let live.

Darkstar: good pics, great memories.

smuncky

Member Bio
Reaction score
i feel a slight aftertaste of pixie dust which explains why i don't remember a thing that happened in this thread ;)

digitalis

Member Bio
Reaction score
Actually, I didn't take many pictures of the art itself. There were way too many people. I took pics of various buildings at night. Hopefully others can contribute some pictures of the event.

wyliepoon

Member Bio
Reaction score

TO City of Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Own the night

Despite the rather elaborate process to select works for display, the art itself was generally rather mediocre. But....

What was totally amazing and heartening was to see the streets of central Toronto jam-packed with people and cars at 3 in the morning. With this, and with bars open until 4, once a year Toronto actually has the feel, vibe and appearance of a serious city.

TIFF, Luminato, etc. bring out people and can even generate crowds in localized areas but are generally focussed at getting a small number of people into a specific indoor event for a couple of hours. Open house fills the streets during the day.

NB fills the streets at night and this year was much better organized in terms of spreading people out over a wide area. Kudos to the organizers, particularly for learning from previous years.

current

Member Bio
Reaction score
Nuit Blanche: Maple Leaf Gardens

Ryerson: "House of Leaves"

Dundas Square Gulag: "15 Seconds"

Drop ceiling in alley beside Massey Hall

Eaton Centre

Playing "Pong" on New City Hall windows

Prison Chapel Waterfall "Overflow" Liberty Village

Queen West