News   Jul 23, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 358     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 975     1 

November 2020 US Election

Well here's another reason on not voting Trump.
I wonder if maybe he meant like the tribulation... ya know that part of the bible that says after that point theres 7 years left. Because if trump gets reelected I think the end of the world seems most likely🤣

He's getting old and losing it. World peace and then giant asteroid? Sheesh; today's evangelicals would rather preempt said giant asteroid through nuclear Armageddon, i.e. God empowered *us* to generate *our own* End Times...

He's getting old and losing it. World peace and then giant asteroid? Sheesh; today's evangelicals would rather preempt said giant asteroid through nuclear Armageddon, i.e. God empowered *us* to generate *our own* End Times...

They also think that they can get rid of covid by "blowing" it away.

The Rev. Pat Robertson finally saw the light. It's the light his channel, Freeform, is following and it's the light that Trump cowers from.

Sometimes I think, Americans are just stupid.

There are certainly lots of stupid Canadians, LOL; and many bright Americans it should be said.

But they do have a larger segment of their population that openly wallows in intellectual depravity.

Here.....there's just a bit more reservation...........even in (most) of our idiots.

There are certainly lots of stupid Canadians, LOL; and many bright Americans it should be said.

But they do have a larger segment of their population that openly wallows in intellectual depravity.

Here.....there's just a bit more reservation...........even in (most) of our idiots.
Jack Whitehall (Brit comic) has a bit in his latest standup special about that. How America is number 1....not all Americans are stupid, but the stupid ones are spectacularly stupid. American village idiots are the best village idiots

How are these people's vision for theocratical America any different from the Ayatollahs' Iran?

They are not any different but never tell an American that or you will get an earful.

The one thing I find interesting is how evangelicals are a demographic with an insane amount of power in the US. In any other democratic nation on earth you would likely never have to win over church going citizens to win an election.

It is bewildering how much power the church has over the US government despite being "democratic".

I would also like to mention that the US is so beholden to special interest groups that it is in no way democratic. Money is power in washington, politicians can be bought and laws are dependant on who provided the most money to the parties in power during the election.

This is why the NRA is so powerful, the church is so powerful and big oil is so powerful. It is sickening.

Still suffering from COVID? The crash from the steroids can be terrible, I've read.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-and-dancing-off-stage-to-ymca-b1200436.html
" Mr Trump did not appear to be his usual energetic self, as he addressed thousands of Make America Great Again supporters crammed into a chilly and dark Erie International Airport. "
"Just minutes after telling Pennsylvania he didn’t want to be there, Mr Trump then announced he would be cutting the rally short because of the cold."

Well well:

AoD

How are these people's vision for theocratical America any different from the Ayatollahs' Iran?

Though in their way, they're more "realistic" than the Pat Robertson types; because they know that by any conventional, traditional barometer, they've consistently been on the cultural losing end. Therefore the only way to "take control" is through warlike, apocalyptic means (and in that light, they're at least as informed by apocalypse literature such as the Left Behind series as they are by the Bible). To set up an cultural infrastructure that is, in their eyes, "worthy" in preparation for the Last Judgment.

Though when push comes to shove, take away the Biblical talk and it really is little different from angry divorced dads or incels who go on shooting-and-suicide sprees once they realize the jig is up. Almost like these people are taking sweet revenge on those who've been making fun of them all these years for being inbred tasteless yokels and trash and Florida-meme types and whatnot...

I would also like to mention that the US is so beholden to special interest groups that it is in no way democratic. Money is power in washington, politicians can be bought and laws are dependant on who provided the most money to the parties in power during the election.

This is why the NRA is so powerful, the church is so powerful and big oil is so powerful. It is sickening.
Election spending limits and a ban on corporate donors were two of the best things PM Harper did for Canadian politics.

Back