News   Aug 09, 2024
 70     0 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 505     1 
News   Aug 09, 2024
 448     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Personally I only wear masks if I go indoors to shop or buy food.

I personally think having to wear a mask walking outside is something i wont ever follow as I am in the burbs and no one walks here anyway XD
Same here. I've seen many people talking on twitter about putting on their mask the second they leave the house and being angry when the see people without masks while outside. I'm following the rule that if I can't distance, I'll put on the mask. I walk to and from work. I rarely see anyone on my walk, so no mask Once i get closer to Yonge Street and my office, I put it on.

Same here. I've seen many people talking on twitter about putting on their mask the second they leave the house and being angry when the see people without masks while outside. I'm following the rule that if I can't distance, I'll put on the mask. I walk to and from work. I rarely see anyone on my walk, so no mask Once i get closer to Yonge Street and my office, I put it on.

I have not seen any big outbreak or evidence the virus spreads from being just walking outside.

We’ll see how it goes but Toronto and Peel are still seeing too many new cases. The Toronto numbers are still looking like they are trending lower but Peel is concerning. Hopefully the numbers improve.

Ontario has waited a long time to reach it’s sustained under 200 cases per day but keep in mind in many countries this level of new infection would be considered extreme outbreak conditions.

Built a playhouse for the girls. Having a hard time getting the cedar fence boards I was ripping down for trim and details.

Great read from the Globe:

In Ottawa, politicians were losing patience with PHAC. The agency tasked with protecting Canada from a pandemic was still reluctant to take bold action, whether it was border closures, mandatory quarantines, banning mass gatherings, or introducing the public to physical-distancing interventions.

Two individuals who were involved in the many policy debates at PHAC said the agency is encumbered by needing to consult with the provinces before moving forward with a policy, since provinces manage health care. Particularly as it concerned the testing criteria, one individual said: “Sometimes it was the provinces dragging their feet and sometimes it was the feds. People were really worried [that a broad definition] would overwhelm testing capacity.”

On March 4, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland assumed control of the COVID-19 file. By the weekend of March 7, Ms. Freeland was already firmly in favour of stronger border measures – even though PHAC wasn’t ready to take that step – and developing plans with other cabinet ministers to ensure the move would not create chaos or stop the import of medical equipment and food, federal sources said.

AoD

Last edited:
A nail salon is at the centre of a Covid outbreak in Kingston. Over 500 customer are to self isolate and get tested. One of the employees is a close contact with a worker at a construction site which is now shut down. While a couple notable clients include one who works at another business who spread it to her child, and another who works at the hospital.

Alvin, I was just going to post the same article. Good initial forensic look at Canada’s failed COVID response.

Total lack of leadership. One exception might be in BC where it took leadership to ignore and work around PHAC.

Too many cooks in Ontario, systemic dysfunction, and very slow to-get-it political leadership.

Useless Federal bureacracy and no Federal leadership. Why doesn’t the entire Federal government resign and give all files to Minister Freeland? She’s the only one who seems to do anything.

P.S. The article does an excellent proper dissection of Ontario failures but let’s off Quebec easy as having “bad luck”. That’s very poor analysis. Quebec’s failure large IS Canada’s failure on this file.

New case growth has dropped to 0.3%

Total active cases in Ontario now below 2000

Less people in hospital, in ICU and on ventilators.

Not bad news at all today.

Also, record amount of testing.......over 30,000 tests.

From the Twitter account above:

1593182609406.png

I got an email from my salon with a list of new procedures.

Essentially I got told you don't reserve an appointment, you reserve your spot on a list and your stylist will confirm it.

I am actually thinking of going elsewhere rather than deal with headaches.

I went in Wednesday for my appointment and it was fine. There was only one other customer in there, but it was early at 8:00 a.m. They told me they are taking appointments as they expect low business for some time; being in the PATH, many of their regular clients are workers in the towers by day but live way out in the suburbs at night, and they aren't going to drive downtown from Oakville/Newmarket/Whitby just to get their hair done. So they actually have lots of openings even though they are up for only three days per week.
It was also not Fort Knox like. I was simply handed a mask at the door. The regular reusable apron/cape was replaced with a thin clear plastic one, which was thrown out at the end. It was a little short though, like it was designed for someone only 5 feet tall, so some of the hair got all over my pants and shoes.

Last edited:

Back