News   Mar 28, 2024
 88     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

When I registered online I was given my first and second date but when I got my 'receipt' for the first shot (like Admiral's), the indication for the second date was also blank.

Just about every major outdoor event will have a contingency plan. And we're not talking about waiting until the day before to cancel here. A month ahead of time if our numbers haven't significantly dropped, then it gets pushed back. All out cancellation is a last resort.

Regardless, "contractual obligation" a bit of a specious argument as contingencies can be (and very often are) written into contracts, too.

Cancelling events three and a half months from now is fine if there's a complete lack of certainty like this time last year. However, current projections are putting every region of Ontario at under 40 cases per 100,000 by the end of June, and those projections get better every day with every vaccination. About a week ago it was early September.

With the vaccines here, the certainty that things will be well under control by mid-August is a much greater than not. It's the known vs. the unknown, and compared to this time last year, we're very heavily leaning to the "known" side.

One problem is many of the exhibitors, vendors and operators, like Conkiln who I think run the midway will be having conflicts with other venues. Push back the CNE into the Fall and you run into Fall Fair season, plus possibly lose any seasonal student employment. I see that the Snowbirds are still showing the air show on their schedule. I don't know if the air show is operated separately and the various performers would probably need fair bit of lead time, probably with penalty clauses for private performers. Insurance arrangements alone for that event is significant as is the contract for the private airspace show control.

With many of the Toronto and Ontario attractions being closed over the summer, don't expect may Europeans coming over. They'll likely just have stay-cations instead. While Canadians will just be at home or breaking the rules.

With vacations in mind, young people in France rush to get COVID-19 vaccines

From link.

Clement Bosko, a 31-year-old Frenchman who works in train maintenance, this week scored a lucky ticket: an appointment to get a COVID-19 vaccination.

“I want to go on holiday this summer, so I said to myself: ‘I’ll get myself vaccinated as soon as possible,’” he said on Friday after receiving his shot at a velodrome west of Paris that had been converted to a vaccination centre.

“That way, I’ll know everything’s in place, and if they introduce a health pass to go abroad, or whatever, I’ll be all sorted,” he said.

Until now, France’s vaccination program has focused on people over 50 or with underlying health conditions. But this week it was changed so anyone over 18 can book themselves for a shot – provided they can find a free slot.

That requires hitting refresh on online appointment booking websites, in the hope a free slot comes up, or waiting outside a vaccination centre.

While many of the people previously showing up for vaccinations cited health concerns as their reason for getting inoculated, many of the new, younger cohort, are focused on relaunching their social lives, according to interviews with people at vaccination centres.

“I’m going on holiday and I thought: ‘If I can get vaccinated before I go, that will be good’,” said Paul De Beon, 25, who was at a vaccination centre in south-west Paris.

“It’s to get back to normal life,” he said. “I’m fed up with all these restrictions.”

At the start of France’s vaccination campaign, opinion polls showed many people were reluctant to get the shot, partly because of concerns about rare side effects.

But opening up the vaccines to younger people has unlocked a surge in demand, said Tristan Eybert, who managers the velodrome vaccine centre.

“We’ve noticed the people coming got a lot younger this week,” he said. “We’re feeling an enthusiasm for the vaccine.”
Ontario should have implemented a "vaccine passport" and open up to those with them.

A 'vaccine passport' for international travel would be beyond the authority of the provincial government.
Ontario would be the ones who will issue the "vaccine passport". It would be used firstly for international travel, BUT can be use locally as well, if they decide to use it.

Ontario would be the ones who will issue the "vaccine passport". It would be used firstly for international travel, BUT can be use locally as well, if they decide to use it.
I think the problem will not be who issues vaccine passports but who RECOGNISES them.

My friend’s employer in Mississauga is forcing office sales and marketing staff (and young marketing interns) to come into the office during Covid, and even posting pics on Linkedin. Where can I report them by email rather than phone? https://peelregion.ca/coronavirus/non-compliance-reporting/

Last edited:
I think the problem will not be who issues vaccine passports but who RECOGNISES them.

Yes, I suppose that's what I intended to mean. Ontario would be the source because the provinces hold the vaccine (health) records, but in order for it to be meaningful on an international basis it will require cooperation at the national and international level. A certificate with a trillium on it, by itself, won't mean much at Vilnius International, anymore than a piece of paper from Uzbekistan presented at a Canadian port of entry.

As far as domestic use, that will be interesting, depending on the scope people envision it will be used for.

Interesting rant from Amusement Insiders' Brenden Cross:

Meh. You can demand the government provide dates all you want, but it will be driven by case rates. Getting dates is just false certainty. It certainly seems like cases should plummet by summer. Personally, I think CNE could likely go ahead with reasonable safety.

I refuse to link it, but who saw Warmington's anti-vaxxer "column" in the Stun?
You mean, 75-year-old-morbidly-obese-diabetic-man-dies-within-days-of-first-vaccination-shot-and-doctors-rule-it-Covid-19-but-we-blame-it-on-the-vaccine-cuz-yeah?

Nope. Didn't see it.

Back