News   Apr 24, 2024
 232     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.3K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 619     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Local person gets great fabrics, if you have to wear one, might as well have fun! I just bought new ones for spring :)
Funky Monkey Fabrics has a lot of awesome patterns/quality fabrics and they're a small Ontario business. Bought almost all my fabrics there.

Local person gets great fabrics, if you have to wear one, might as well have fun! I just bought new ones for spring :)

It's a utilitarian thing - I just went for 10 white ones. Very imaginative, I know...

Not a chance in North America. It would be nice if people who were sick wore a mask or stayed home with pay, but I don’t see that happening.

Staying home isn't going to happen if someone doesn't have/have very limited sick days. But wearing a mask might become a thing (though the lack of social opprobrium works against that).

aoD

Allergy season is now in full swing (sneezing). However....

I would say "almost".

Nope. I haven't gotten a cold since 2019. But i have noticed something else. I've aged, seems lot of us are looking a little rough for wear these days. No doubt these lockdowns and Covid stress, has been hell on our mental health,and bodies.

I'm sure when this pandemic is over, the cosmetic surgery business will be booming.

I'm sure when this pandemic is over, the cosmetic surgery business will be booming.
I don't have a source, but my millenial child tells me that cosmetic surgery is already booming thanks to Zoom and working online.

i have noticed something else. I've aged, seems lot of us are looking a little rough for wear these days.

It may be the masks. Breathing out all that CO2 into a mask can ruin your skin compared to when you are breathing freely without one.

Got the Pfizer vaccine at the Convention centre today. In and out in for my appointment in 19 minutes, 15 of which were the post-shot wait. There was no lineup or waiting at all. Indeed, it appeared significantly underutilized. There were people ready to give the vaccine twirling their thumbs around. I know for certain because the workers at the stations have signs they put up that say "Ready for next client" to let staff see they are available, so they weren't doing other stuff or cleaning up or anything. They probably could have processed another 30 people during the time I was there and still not generate any backlog or queue. I find it hard to believe those appointments were just abandoned, or that they were left open given the difficulty people say they are having booking them.

It makes me think there's merit to the equity complaints when I hear that people are lining up at 5:00 a.m. for pop-up clinics in the inner-burbs, and the lines for those grow to hundreds of people at the peak time, though it is likely not malicious, but Hanlon's Razor at work.

It may be the masks. Breathing out all that CO2 into a mask can ruin your skin compared to when you are breathing freely without one.

Or alternately, the added moisture of a mask helps moisturize skin and keep it looking young.

This is a very old "problem". Technology and big changes have always had a history of "aging" the face, and it's almost completely bunk. Barely a century ago, doctors once said cars aged the skin, and movies, and a dozen other things.

Frankly, it's more likely that everyone's seeing themselves under crappy lighting, on crappy cameras and getting subconscious about it.

Interesting stats from the City:

The City’s ability to offer first dose vaccination appointments and administer vaccine at City-operated immunization clinics is dependent on vaccine supply from the Province of Ontario and the Government of Canada. Since expanding eligibility to anyone 18 and older from a hot spot postal code on Monday morning, 223,817 people have booked vaccination appointments for City-operated immunization clinics. Based on current supply, as of noon today, all City-operated clinics are fully booked or very close to fully booked from today until June 6:

• For the remainder of this week, clinics are 99 per cent booked

• For the week of May 10, clinics are 93 per cent booked

• For the week of May 17, clinics are 97 per cent booked

• For the week of May 24, clinics are 95 per cent booked

• For the week of May 31, clinics are 96 per cent booked

Tomorrow morning, 60,000 vaccination appointments for City-operated clinics between June 7 and 13 will open in the provincial booking system. As additional vaccine is provided to the City, the City Immunization Task Force is ready to expand clinic operations to match.

Back